Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Here are my favorite Bears things of all time.
1) A Walter Payton highstep
2) A Walter Payton goal line leap
3) A Walter Payton stiff arm
4) A Jim McMahon headband
5) A Wilbur Marshall sledgehammer hit
6) A Dent/McMichael/Hampton meeting at the QB
7) A Neal Anderson one cut and go.( great RB with the unenviable task of unseating and following the GOAT)
8) A Peanut punch
9) A Mike Brown hit
10) An Urlacher what did I just see.
11)A Hester punt return
12) A Forte wheel route
13) yet to be determined. (hopefully something involving the play of a QB sometime in my lifetime)

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Definitely nothing that has happened in last 10 years lol. To be honest I just don’t really care anymore. It’s great when the bears do good but when they stink I don’t waste time on them. with Sunday ticket a good football game is a click away

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dad telling me. Watch 51, he will always be around the ball.

That's all it took.

Certainly wasn't the year Abe Gibron coached.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Grew up in Northern IL. Was in the Navy after high school. Went out with the other squids on Sundays to watch our prospective teams. Got good at defending and hyping up bad Bears teams - that made my fanship stronger somehow...lol.

I was in Bahrain once and a few of us went to a local sports bar. They had a lot of soccer decor, but one of the only NFL posters they had was a really old Jim McMahon poster. It was like WTF? You might as well have some random Steve DeBerg poster on the wall...lol.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Growing up in the 80s, it is pretty obvious what made me a fan. Three decades later, I do have to wonder if I am still a fan or watching the Bears play is just a habit I am getting too old to break.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Growing up in the 80s, it is pretty obvious what made me a fan. Three decades later, I do have to wonder if I am still a fan or watching the Bears play is just a habit I am getting too old to break.

my dad grew up in Omaha and grew to love the Bears listening to them on the radio...before there was football on TV.

i would watch them w/ my dad and loved football but once 34 came on the scene it was game over for me.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
my dad grew up in Omaha and grew to love the Bears listening to them on the radio...before there was football on TV.

i would watch them w/ my dad and loved football but once 34 came on the scene it was game over for me.

My dad hated football.

It was actually my grandmother that was the big Bears fan in the family. My father and I would take her to church on Sundays, then she made us race back to her house for noon kickoffs when they got televised...which got to be on a pretty regular basis by '84 . It was the only time I ever heard her curse.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I watched the 85 team win the SB while I was stationed in Germany, my first Duty assignment. I missed most of the rest of the 80's ad the 90's because I simply didn't have access to Bears games, so I was a causal fan, I would watch them if they had a prime time game, but I barely knew who was on the roster.

I actually got re-energized in football in 2000 when I was in a military school in Maryland and the Ravens had a defense that reminded me of the 85 Bears, and they too won the SB....

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
My dad hated football.

It was actually my grandmother that was the big Bears fan in the family. My father and I would take her to church on Sundays, then she made us race back to her house for noon kickoffs when they got televised...which got to be on a pretty regular basis by '84 . It was the only time I ever heard her curse.
yeah our priest would get mad because people would be out the door after getting communion and I was like...if you don't want them to leave change 11:30 mass to 11 you doof.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Definitely nothing that has happened in last 10 years lol. To be honest I just don’t really care anymore. It’s great when the bears do good but when they stink I don’t waste time on them. with Sunday ticket a good football game is a click away
Go away, real Bears fans don't need constant success to keep paying attention. Just, go away. I hear Korea is nice this time of year. You don't deserve to be a Bears fan.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Yeah, me too. I'm not even sure if I'm even a fan anymore, of the true sense. Don't care if they suck. But I do get happy when they win albeit with some sort of lingering doubt in the back of my mind.

This is what the bears have turned me into.

Or maybe it's the age... don't know, don't care really.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
As to the op, I became a fan in 84. Jimmy mac did it for me, and fridge and Walter. I remember everybody rapping the sb shuffle back in Jr high. Guess I'm lucky I got to watch them win a sb...

Hester was nice too and 33 and 54 and jay.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Grew up in Chicago in the 80's and 90's. You were either a Bears fan, or a CFB fan. This was before the Favre (and later AAron) inspired rash of "Packers" "fans" in the North burbs.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Well, TV coverage in the 70’s was much different than it is today. And the internet didn’t exist. There really wasn’t a way to follow any other team outside of your local market. And sports shows, etc that dissect every little tidbit about a team weren’t a thing yet. You had to get that type of information by reading a local newspaper.
So out of default, unless you became a fan of some other team because of the colors of their uniforms, you were really stuck with the local market team.....even if they went 4-10 every year and Bobby Douglas threw the ball as hard as Fergie Jenkins.
And then came Sweetness.....

BearsGr8

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't come from a football family, so didn't watch football growing up. Didn't play much sports either; mostly street hockey and softball. Once I started HS, my buddy taught me how to play basketball and I fell in love with it. I loved the Bulls and those great DePaul basketball teams with Ray Meyer coaching. An older guy I used to work with started talking sports with me and he talked a lot about the Bears, so I started watching them and got hooked.

What made me a fan? I started watching the Bears in 1984 - 'nuf said! Nothing like following an upcoming team with star power to grab one's imagination. I have never stopped following them, even through the many lean years since that time.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

This. So much this. One time I reflected here in a post if I have died a little inside and am now just like the old timers hate-following the Bears like a nihilistic disciple that simply needs to finish this whole thing out and watch the world burn