Nagy regrets benching starters during preseason. won't do it again.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Exactly, they were so flat opening week one against the Packers. I was told by so many experts that the preseason was unnecessary and not worth the risks.

Nothing like having your first preseason game week one against a top division rival to work the rust out.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The best thing about this is that fans will be able to see Mitch versus Foles live, and be able to follow the decision making process rather than it being top secret in some restricted camp setting.

I wonder how much of this is to minimize criticism by the media and fans for one QB over the other.

We will probably be watching Trubisky lose his job on live television in August....like in TWO MONTHS!!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great. I guess 3rd time is the charm.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not too mad at the move. I think he felt like he didn't want to risk any week one starters getting hurt. The only issue I have with it is simple, you don't get reps against someone who wants to kick your ass and has no problem putting you on your ass making you look bad every play. I mean you get that in practice, to a degree, but it's nothing like Sunday Afternoon, or Thursday night in the case of week one.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Meh. Our starters not playing in the preseason isn't the reason Mitch sucked all year. Nobody complained in 2018 when we got off to a 3-1 start.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I have stated before preseason would not have fixed the problems the Bears had last year....

The regular season didn't fix the problems so why would 4 meaningless games make a difference...

Under Nagy, with little preseason activity, the Bears went 12-4 and 8-8........preseason is only a problem when your team doesn't win.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
What he didn't say is that he wants starters in for Pre-Season so he can perfect his trick plays to make sure they lose no less than 10 yards each.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If there's one decision that Bears coach Matt Nagy definitely seems to regret from 2019, it's the fact that he decided to bench his starters for the entire preseason last year.
Bears coach Matt Nagy admits to one major regret from 2019, says he won't make the same mistake this season

Imho. You should hpqave your first stringers out there to start every quarter with the first offensive and defensive drive. Reps are important.

Not 1 quarter then rest. 4 quarters first drive on offense and defense. Then more as the games go on

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Exactly, they were so flat opening week one against the Packers. I was told by so many experts that the preseason was unnecessary and not worth the risks.

Nothing like having your first preseason game week one against a top division rival to work the rust out.
There is the possibility that the bears were just a bad football team last season too though. Defense sure as hell didn’t look flat.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Meh. Our starters not playing in the preseason isn't the reason Mitch sucked all year. Nobody complained in 2018 when we got off to a 3-1 start.

I'm pretty sure I did.
I look at more than the W/L record.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'll just say again, even Tom Brady plays preseason. and he was kind of built from spare parts when he was in his 20s.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
I remember you guys being hyped when the bears backups beat KC's starters in a preseason game......

preseason.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Do you really have nothing better to do than to troll other teams message board after you guys won the superbowl. Seems like a pitiful existence to need to validate yourself by talking trash to fans of a team in a different CONFERENCE after you just won the superbowl
I remember you guys being hyped when the bears backups beat KC's starters in a preseason game......

preseason.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

preseason.
Do you really have nothing better to do than to troll other teams message board after you guys won the superbowl. Seems like a pitiful existence to need to validate yourself by talking trash to fans of a team in a different CONFERENCE after you just won the superbowl