Mike Singletary goes 1-21 as High School football coach

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Singletary is a winner.
I still believe in the right situation, Singletary can be a good coach. From what I saw he set the defensive foundation for S.F. to go too the SB under Harbaugh. I think he should be back here.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Well, many religions require people to follow a defined path and ask limited number of questions. In that sort of world someone like Mike can not only be adequate, but possibly strive. I could see him as an extremely passionate pastor who if you've already bought into the message he's providing a level of energy that's refreshing and appreciated.

Reggie White (RIP) was similar. When he spoke in the church people loved him. Sometimes he'd step over the line when it came to racial stereotypes or homosexuality, but within those walls he was given that latitude to preach his way.

Specifically to the "forced to follow" part most people don't make objective decisions to join a specific following. Their family/network was a specific religion and went to a specific church, so they did the same. It's not like they take some time, look at all religions and pick one that feels like it's for them. Often in that world the actual person delivering the message from God can be kinda boring.

I don't mean this as a knock on organized religion or Singletary himself. I think everyone has recognized that he not a good coaching fit for this era. But, I do think he'd find a fulfilling next career within the church and I also think they would appreciate someone that has his level of energy and cache.

I still don't get this but honestly, I just may not be able to. Cheers.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's just too emotional for this day and age. Even his kids say he cries at the drop of a hat.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Singletary is a winner.
I still believe in the right situation, Singletary can be a good coach. From what I saw he set the defensive foundation for S.F. to go too the SB under Harbaugh. I think he should be back here.
if he's an upgrade or if we lose a coach/staff to promotion, I'm all for it. I've seen a lot of his defense. I have no problem with the way he treated VD either.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bill Belichick seems to do alright and he does not seem to care about players feelings or connecting with the culture.
Eh. Bill is not a rah rah emotional guy. He is is the dry wise cracking asshole, who a lot of kids would actually like and respect. For the most part you always know where you stand with BB and what he wants from you as a player. I could see it being much more difficult with Singletary as your coach wondering if you are bringing enough Fire and Passion to the huddle.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Comps to BB are silly. For one, we have zero idea of how he interacts with his players, because that organization is so secretive about everything. Beyond that, they always seem to have a significant segment of veteran leadership in the locker room that probably gets on the ass of the other players more than he ever has to. Not to mention, he's wildly successful, where as Singletary.....

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
if he's an upgrade or if we lose a coach/staff to promotion, I'm all for it. I've seen a lot of his defense. I have no problem with the way he treated VD either.

What defense would that be??? He's never been a D coordinator.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Honestly could not imagine the type of damage Mitch could do with the offensive prowess of Michael Singletary at the helm. Sources are telling me don't be surprised if he's offered a job by midnight.