Nagy regrets benching starters during preseason. won't do it again.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Except a former NFL OL said there was gameplanning so no you are wrong. I said they gameplan a bit. You tried to claim they don't game plan at all. That is simply an exaggeration and wrong.

Ok third stringers and not seeing the other's team's best are two completely different things. You can't use words incorrectly then claim I am wrong for reading the words you used.

But I am sorry next time I will consult Professor X to grasp the meaning of your thoughts since you struggle with using words properly.

maxresdefault.jpg
Everyone but you got the point of what was being said. Professor X got it too. I will be more careful moving forward knowing you can't grasp simple concepts and need things spelled out exactly.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Shocking 4 weeks.

In other words you created a strawman. Whether that's because you believe I said it or are trolling, it's all you, dude.

He's part of the team. He's the most blantant part of the team who shouldn't have been sitting out any game reps he could get.

Playing bad is not the same as coming out flat.

There's that implying again. If you're reading implications into something you are creating a strawman and/or trolling. Either read and comprehend what is said or don't. If you want to discuss a different topic, even if you put the blame on some unknown entity to argue against, go for it. But when you start blaming a specific person for saying something they didn't because you imagine that's what they meant you are creating a strawman.

Go ahead and strongly disagree with yourself.

It's not whether or not Trubisky would've been any better from playing 2 more preseasons. It's the Nagy thought that young QB didn't NEED preseason, or the team around him.

Speaking of struggling to use words properly.

"Implying from statements" is different from creating a strawman argument against things not said by the opponent.

I direct quoted you and replied to that. That cannot logically be a strawman.

Also, I am inferring from what you say... so I infer and you are the one who implies,

Words have meaning and you are confusing subjects with antecedents.

You are the one who first mentioned Mitch and when I said extra preseason time would not have mattered much you said

I'm talking about the team here. ...... Nothing about Mitch there.

When I direct quoted you as being the first of us to bring up Mitch you now say:

He's part of the team. He's the most blantant part of the team who shouldn't have been sitting out any game reps he could get.

... huh ....

You seem defensive and are losing me as I track your statements that seem to contradict:

You said:

For 2 years with Nagy we came out flat and stayed flat for a time equal to the preseason.

When I said we always played flat in 2019 and never got any better outside of a couple games, you then say:

Playing bad is not the same as coming out flat.

What ... what does that even mean? Seems like you are parsing definitions in order to save face.

But hey, maybe I am wrong.

It is possible that you may be more sincere in actually talking football and not looking to win "zingers" in a meaningless pissing match like a lot of others here (those who unknowing of the meaning of irony scream at me in all caps how emo I am).

Ok, IF I am wrong, tell me please, what is the difference between "playing flat" and "playing bad" that you feel the need to create THIS much drama that you were right when you said for 2 years, lack of preseason made the team start flat and play flat for 4 weeks ...

but yet apparently now by your own words, in 2019 the Bears offense did not stay flat only turned into "playing bad" for the most of the season after the first 4 weeks. What exactly is the difference?

I will not infer and argue HERE that there is no difference. I will WAIT and listen to the difference so I can see finally how the lack of preseason hurt the Bears in 2019.

I mean most people would be happy for me to say "I think it didn't matter much and their output would be the same even if the starters had 3 quarters extra last year"

and someone else like you saying "I think it did matter a lot more than you say, Outlaw".

But this is CCS.

We post like warriors of ancient times and there will be carnage and there will be no yielding until the sky bleeds red with the setting sun ... and the posts we leave will be monuments to our sacrifice and the suffering of our widows we left behind all too soon. Molon labe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DC

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I remember you guys being hyped when the bears backups beat KC's starters in a preseason game......

preseason.

I mean they BEAT the shit out of em. Possibly most dominant performance in NFL history. Surprised they weren't annexed from the league.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyone but you got the point of what was being said. Professor X got it too. I will be more careful moving forward knowing you can't grasp simple concepts and need things spelled out exactly.

Who is everyone? Outlaw just tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. That is one person. You are getting mad at me because you don't know what words mean. SMH!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If there's one decision that Bears coach Matt Nagy definitely seems to regret from 2019, it's the fact that he decided to bench his starters for the entire preseason last year.
Bears coach Matt Nagy admits to one major regret from 2019, says he won't make the same mistake this season

I was pissed the fuck off when he did this last year, said it wouldn’t work out, saw JimmyG have success in SF directly because of the reps in preseason, and just think Nagy needs to stop thinking he’s god and just not make stupid fucking arrogant mistakes.

They were completely unprepared for the season and would easily have been able to get something going easier if Mitch has been given the amount of reps and help Jimmy G got. They easily could have won at least two or three more games early on.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Reactions: Myk

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I was pissed the fuck off when he did this last year, said it wouldn’t work out, saw JimmyG have success in SF directly because of the reps in preseason, and just think Nagy needs to stop thinking he’s god and just not make stupid fucking arrogant mistakes.

They were completely unprepared for the season and would easily have been able to get something going easier if Mitch has been given the amount of reps and help Jimmy G got. They easily could have won at least two or three more games early on.

:what:

They did the exact same thing in the 18 preseason, yet they won 12 games that year. Playing or not playing preseason didn't have a goddamn thing to do with it. Playing starters in the preseason wouldn't have simply made the offense play better during all of the regular season.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Speaking of struggling to use words properly.

"Implying from statements" is different from creating a strawman argument against things not said by the opponent.

I direct quoted you and replied to that. That cannot logically be a strawman.

Also, I am inferring from what you say... so I infer and you are the one who implies,

Words have meaning and you are confusing subjects with antecedents.

You are the one who first mentioned Mitch and when I said extra preseason time would not have mattered much you said

When I direct quoted you as being the first of us to bring up Mitch you now say:

... huh ....

You seem defensive and are losing me as I track your statements that seem to contradict:

You said:

When I said we always played flat in 2019 and never got any better outside of a couple games, you then say:

What ... what does that even mean? Seems like you are parsing definitions in order to save face.

But hey, maybe I am wrong.

It is possible that you may be more sincere in actually talking football and not looking to win "zingers" in a meaningless pissing match like a lot of others here (those who unknowing of the meaning of irony scream at me in all caps how emo I am).

Ok, IF I am wrong, tell me please, what is the difference between "playing flat" and "playing bad" that you feel the need to create THIS much drama that you were right when you said for 2 years, lack of preseason made the team start flat and play flat for 4 weeks ...

but yet apparently now by your own words, in 2019 the Bears offense did not stay flat only turned into "playing bad" for the most of the season after the first 4 weeks. What exactly is the difference?

I will not infer and argue HERE that there is no difference. I will WAIT and listen to the difference so I can see finally how the lack of preseason hurt the Bears in 2019.

I mean most people would be happy for me to say "I think it didn't matter much and their output would be the same even if the starters had 3 quarters extra last year"

and someone else like you saying "I think it did matter a lot more than you say, Outlaw".

But this is CCS.

We post like warriors of ancient times and there will be carnage and there will be no yielding until the sky bleeds red with the setting sun ... and the posts we leave will be monuments to our sacrifice and the suffering of our widows we left behind all too soon. Molon labe.

If I say something. You take that to say something else and claim I implied it it is you who used words wrong. In the least unless worded to make it obvious there is no implying on internet forums, there are people who read into what is said and claim that's what was said so they can have a fight.

You seem to be putting a lot more into this conversation than I am. I'm not going back to read through to check up on who said what.
But while you're researching this thread go back to someone saying nobody complained in 2018 and me being the first one to say I sure did. That someone else said saying nobody complained was revisionist. To which you said it's not revisionist, and that was AFTER others chimed in and said they complained. Obviously it was revisionist.

Flat vs bad: Rex Grossman on a good day is bad but not always flat. Older Payton Manning with a cold plays flat but probably not bad. Basically our team looked like they were starting preseason a month later than everyone else.

It's possible it wouldn't have made a huge difference. The point is Nagy thought it wouldn't make a difference when all the signs said it mattered the 1st year, and then he did it again the 2nd. I don't know/care how much it mattered. A rookie HC took a young team with many young/new players and his new gameplan and thought a dress rehearsal wasn't needed. A smart coach even with a team of vets all thrown together in his new system would've thought they at least need the practice in his system no matter how bland the plan is during preseason.
It's also possible Foles came in and told Nagy of course his inexperience QB sucked, his HC had him skip 3 games a year. Maybe it wasn't Foles, but I bet someone pointed out the obvious besides the media and fans.

It's almost as if you've caught the CCS vortex.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's almost as if you've caught the CCS vortex.

Remy. It is an official @remydat vortex. He owns the property of that label. Claim fair use and avoid copyright infringement haha.

Aso wtf is it around here at CCS lately? Going at it back and forth is fine. I OWN it. But whenever it goes too long, the other poster then projects the insanity of said "back-and-forth" as a negative trait for ME but never them.

Astonishing. I'll think of a word for this particular malady. Something like a "vortex denier" but was just as complicit in manufacturing that vortex ... a "vortex politician" might work.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But while you're researching this thread go back to someone saying nobody complained in 2018 and me being the first one to say I sure did. That someone else said saying nobody complained was revisionist. To which you said it's not revisionist, and that was AFTER others chimed in and said they complained. Obviously it was revisionist.

1) Ticky tacky meaning of revisionism. In 2018, some complained (I even admitted that in one post) but those complaints evaporated and never returned especially after Sep 30 (TB game).

Even the louder complaints in 2019 were not as loud as all of us who claimed Nagy seems to be shit at this - preseason or not. And then the few I remember doing preseason bitching faded away after 4 games because yeah, everyone knows lack of preseason does not matter at all after that point.

2) I may grant the offense could possibly have been a little sharper in Week 1 if they had preseason but I still doubt it would be much better nor they even win considering how SHIT the offense was all year long vs. everyone not WAS, DET or DAL. (does a "shit offense" cover BOTH "flat" AND "bad" lol) .... Idk if the starters had preseason MAYBE they string together another FG drive to double their scoring Week 1 from 3 to 6! lmao.

3) Your definition of "flat" vs. "bad" is weak and begs more questions than it answers. How do you "know" a QB is playing "flat" vs. "bad": a completion percentage threshold? types of missed throws? missing high is "bad" but missing low is "flat"? See, my simple mind just sees missing throws as missing throws. Clarify please.

Your examples are baffling to me. This still seems like you got defensive over this point and are making stuff up now, but you could still have points that I am willing to listen to... unless ....

... UNLESS

you do not wish to "catch the CCS remy vortex" lol

Last edited: