Saints Cut OG Warford

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes I know that but your claim was that the Bears publicly said they were out. The above is not the Bears. It is an unnamed source with knowledge of the situation which may in fact not actually even be a Bears employee.

Generally if you said the Bears said something publicly I would expect a quote from Pace or Nagy. I was wondering if I had missed some announcement from the Bears but guess not.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes I know that but your claim was that the Bears publicly said they were out. The above is not the Bears. It is an unnamed source with knowledge of the situation which may in fact not actually even be a Bears employee.

Generally if you said the Bears said something publicly I would expect a quote from Pace or Nagy. I was wondering if I had missed some announcement from the Bears but guess not.
Lol. Ok. Well now you know who it was that wrote it. You can email Florio and ask him who at the Bears told him if you prefer not to take him at his word. Let me know when he responds.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol. Ok. Well now you know who it was that wrote it. You can email Florio and ask him who at the Bears told him if you prefer not to take him at his word. Let me know when he responds.

No I dont actually. Again you said the Bears publicly said something. That is not public. It is an anonymous source which is kind of the opposite of public.

Again I alteady knew that about that story. I just thought there was an actual statement from Pace or Nagy since you said publicly.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No I dont actually. Again you said the Bears publicly said something. That is not public. It is an anonymous source which is kind of the opposite of public.

Again I alteady knew that about that story. I just thought there was an actual statement from Pace or Nagy since you said publicly.
Ah. Got it. You mean like when Pace publicly announced Trubisky will be the bears 2020 starting QB at the end of last season? Then a few months later brought in another QB?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ah. Got it. You mean like when Pace publicly announced Trubisky will be the bears 2020 starting QB at the end of last season? Then a few months later brought in another QB?

You are getting defensive for no reason. I simply wanted to know if Pace or Nagy had said something publicly that I missed as your public statement made it sound like they said something official.

I am not suggesting that Florio and his source are wrong. That is just not what I would call a public statement by the Bears. That is all.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You are getting defensive for no reason. I simply wanted to know if Pace or Nagy had said something publicly that I missed as your public statement made it sound like they said something official.

I am not suggesting that Florio and his source are wrong. That is just not what I would call a public statement by the Bears. That is all.

Remy needs to go in timeout. Play some Sudoku. It's got numbers for you.

BTW, when has any franchise ever made a statement about a player they DIDN'T sign in free agency? Pretty sure it never happens, but okay.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy needs to go in timeout. Play some Sudoku. It's got numbers for you.

BTW, when has any franchise ever made a statement about a player they DIDN'T sign in free agency? Pretty sure it never happens, but okay.

Niners just did so regarding Brady. Do you follow football?

With all that has happened with COVID, sports, etc this year, I think a 24 (and counting) page thread about a guard, one of the least important positions in the NFL, one who the bears have already made public they are not interested in, is probably the worst of all.

Again this is what the poster said. I simply wanted to know if the Bears did in fact make it public and I missed it. Do you agree or disagree that when one says, "the bears have already made it public," that it is fair to think that means the Bears made an official statement. Not some unnamed source that doesn't even claim to be a Bears official.

There is a lot of defensiveness going on in here.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Niners just did so regarding Brady. Do you follow football?

Again this is what the poster said. I simply wanted to know if they Bears did in fact make it public and I missed it. Do you agree or disagree that when one says, "the bears have already made it public," that it is fair to think that means the Bears made and official statement.

There is a lot of defensiveness going on in here.

Tom brady is a little different than a guard. Mentioning not being interested in the GOAT isn't the same as a random FA.

Bro, you are basically a Karen. You find anything to argue over.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tom brady is a little different than a guard. Mentioning not being interested in the GOAT isn't the same as a random FA.

Bro, you are basically a Karen. You find anything to argue over.

Sure he is but that is not what you said. You didn't say it doesn't happen for a guard. You said it never happens.

You guys love getting mad because you overstate your case. I never expected the Bears to make a public statement about Warford which is why I was surprised that the poster claimed they did. That was the whole point of me asking as I found it weird that they would and would have been shocked if I missed it.

I really have no idea why you guys exaggerate so much. How hard is it to say rumors or reports said the Bears were not interested vs the Bears made it public? Or that you wouldn't expect a team to publicly say why they didn't sign a guard vs Pretty sure it never happens?

It is not my fault your statement was wrong. Think before you speak and we could avoid a lot of this back and forth.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I never disagreed that he would be a nice get at the right price. I simply said 8-10 would likely get it done. Again that was not a comment on the market, that was a comment on how much it would take to get him signed right away based on his previous current.

Again we didnt hear about any other offers for Graham who is making 8 million. Pace goes out and gets who he wants so the only question is should he want Warford. Lack of offers known by CCS isn't really a reason not to sign someone.

Finally you said teams have to fill holes in FA and until you win pickings are slim. If I recall we were in on Hooper but he decided on the Browns which is how we ended up with Graham. Teddy decided on the Panthers. So it seems the logic still applies to us.

Again just a lot of mental gymnastics. Until we are a consistent winner, we probably shouldnt be looking gift horses in the mouth. Bears fans getting really picky for fans of a shitty franchise. One winning season in 5 years and all of a sudden Pro Bowl guards can be passed on in favor of 1st round busts. But like I said we will see if this works.

Are you willing to go on record that if Ifedi sucks and Warford plays well, Pace made a mistake? If so we can revisit at end of year.

You don’t know what Loomis told Pace and neither do I.

I think the Browns simply outbid the Bears for Hooper.

Teddy didn’t come here because he wanted the job handed to him and did not want to compete with Trubisky. Who would want a guy like that?
The Panthers are going to be awful. I hope he has fun.

When the Bears signed Ifedi, Warford wasn’t available and now it seems they aren’t willing to spend most of their available cap on him.

You of all people should never complain about “mental gymnastics” because the majority of your tirades are based on exactly that. Plus the fact that in your mind you’re always right.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How the fuck is this thread still going? Guy got released...zero news since...25 pages of bullshit...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How the fuck is this thread still going? Guy got released...zero news since...25 pages of bullshit...
23% Pace is a dumbass if he doesn't sign him.
42% Salary cap fuckery
29% Bitch fights
6% Guys asking , "How the fuck is this thread still going?"

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
23% Pace is a dumbass if he doesn't sign him.
42% Salary cap fuckery
29% Bitch fights
6% Guys asking , "How the fuck is this thread still going?"

Well, the "salary cap fuckery" portion could easily be solved if a small portion of that "bitch fights" time was spent actually reading about how the cap works; it's not that difficult, people are just idiots.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For some pro perspective, listen to Olin Kreutz on Hoge & Jahns this week as he breaks down the o-line. Passing on Warford might start to make sense.

Kreutz said Ifedi was a clear upgrade over the mess of injuries we had last year on OL and that he should be a competent but not great starter. He thought the ceiling for the line as a whole was average and that last year was a disaster mostly due to injuries to Long, Massie, and Larsen.

He talked a lot about how the guy next to you affects your play, and the Daniels / Whitehair position swap was key to understanding the drop off. You can't have two guys on offense at positions like Daniels and Trubs who struggle to read the defense. He was also critical of Nagy for not adjusting his scheme and hurting the line and Trubisky with his stubborn playcalling. Thought he should have run more boot action to minimize reads (not stressing Trubs with reads on every play) and playing to the QBs strengths.

I thought Kreutz's analysis was was solid. His POV was grounded in experience. While he admitted his bias as a friend of Hiestand, he also cut the team slack and took a perspective of cap management and where the Bears were putting their money.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, he was also a fan of Hiestand. Joking.

Hard eval to disagree with. The problem with boots is that the edges were as bad as the middle and your QB is protecting an injury and unwilling to run it. I also think Nagy could have done more but Boots were probably not the answer with a tentative QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don’t know what Loomis told Pace and neither do I.

I think the Browns simply outbid the Bears for Hooper.

Teddy didn’t come here because he wanted the job handed to him and did not want to compete with Trubisky. Who would want a guy like that?
The Panthers are going to be awful. I hope he has fun.

When the Bears signed Ifedi, Warford wasn’t available and now it seems they aren’t willing to spend most of their available cap on him.

You of all people should never complain about “mental gymnastics” because the majority of your tirades are based on exactly that. Plus the fact that in your mind you’re always right.

Yes we dont know so you are free to believe he told him something and I am free to believe that is bullshit. Like I said time will tell who is right.

You avoided answering the question. Are you willing to go on record that if Ifedi sucks and Warford plays well, Pace made a mistake? If so we can revisit at end of year?

If the reverse happens then I will say Pace was right but why is it so hard for you guys to hold Pace accountable? We have argued this ad naseum. Can you agree to that or not? If not why?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yes we dont know so you are free to believe he told him something and I am free to believe that is bullshit. Like I said time will tell who is right.

You avoided answering the question. Are you willing to go on record that if Ifedi sucks and Warford plays well, Pace made a mistake? If so we can revisit at end of year?

If the reverse happens then I will say Pace was right but why is it so hard for you guys to hold Pace accountable? We have argued this ad naseum. Can you agree to that or not? If not why?

What team is Warford playing for? Who is he lining up next to? Will he be in a similar system?

I’m sure the only way you can determine who plays better is by the PFF grades that you lean on so heavily. Sounds like a pretty subjective exercise at this point.