Hawks Sign Chalupa

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
iu

Granada

Liked Posts:
Blah move. If I'm understanding right, the guy has only played 24 games (in his entire career) with Kubalik, and it doesn't specify if they were ever line mates. His stats are underwhelming if downright bad the last few years, other than his 17 assists last year. He does have decent size, assuming this site is accurate.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Didn't we already have a Chalupa years ago?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Blah move. If I'm understanding right, the guy has only played 24 games (in his entire career) with Kubalik, and it doesn't specify if they were ever line mates. His stats are underwhelming if downright bad the last few years, other than his 17 assists last year. He does have decent size, assuming this site is accurate.

It's a two-way contract... who cares. He's only 21

EDIT: actually, I'd say this is a pretty decent deal at just under a million for a kid who has always played against competition bigger, older and stronger than him and is still up on the rise, cheap two-way multi year deal. What's not to like.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It's a two-way contract... who cares. He's only 21

EDIT: actually, I'd say this is a pretty decent deal at just under a million for a kid who has always played against competition bigger, older and stronger than him and is still up on the rise, cheap two-way multi year deal. What's not to like.

I define "blah" as neither good nor bad. So I'm not necessarily complaining

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I thought it was pretty promising he was already 195. Everyone got hard because our draft pick was already that big. Most of our international guys are listed at 175 and show up around 160.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I define "blah" as neither good nor bad. So I'm not necessarily complaining
Typical Bowman move, he got lucky with Kubalik so he is going to try dearly to shoot for the stars again and bring home an unknown, he will cross his fingers and hope it pans out then tell everyone how could of a GM he is finding these guys hiding under a rock that nobody came across.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
all I can say is he can grow one hell of a playoff beard.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Typical Bowman move, he got lucky with Kubalik so he is going to try dearly to shoot for the stars again and bring home an unknown, he will cross his fingers and hope it pans out then tell everyone how could of a GM he is finding these guys hiding under a rock that nobody came across.

Yup pretty much. His tenure is filled with these low-risk (salary-wise), high-reward moves -- the grand majority of which failed.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yup pretty much. His tenure is filled with these low-risk (salary-wise), high-reward moves -- the grand majority of which failed.
I think his draft picks have fared much worse than his european signings.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I think his draft picks have fared much worse than his european signings.

Yes, I'd agree. Neither (his draft history or his euro-signings) is what I would consider "good," but nothing is worse than his draft history.