KC has not really used a pass-catching RB..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I kept hearing so much about Nagy needing a dual-threat RB that I was really surprised that Montgomery didn't get more receptions last season (25) total. Under the assumption that the KC offense likes to throw it to the running back, I took a look at RB production during Reid's tenure in KC and was surprised.

Other than Reid first season in 2013 when Jamal Charles caught 70 balls for 700 yards, the dual threat RB really hasn't been the offensive focus. In the 6 years following Reid's initial season, the RBs in total are averaging about 60 receptions a season (less than 20% of pass attempts).

They are really just dominating offensively with Kelce and Hill, with Kelce catching more balls alone than all RBs combined and averaging over 1000 yards in all his 6 seasons, and Hill averaging over 1000 yards over his 4 seasons as well.

I am still guessing at what we are trying to be and what we are trying to emulate. Nagy clearly wants to get the RB involved in the passing game, but that hasn't worked with Montgomery despite him showing good hands.

Are we really emulating a great offensive system created by Andy Reid.. or did KC just catch fire in a bottle with Kelce and Hill on the same team?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Idk but i do know that we coulda.....had mahomes

The Bears could have drafted Brady, either Manning, any QB that has ever won a championship, but you focus on a guy that has never won a fucking thing.

Nice try.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kept hearing so much about Nagy needing a dual-threat RB that I was really surprised that Montgomery didn't get more receptions last season (25) total. Under the assumption that the KC offense likes to throw it to the running back, I took a look at RB production during Reid's tenure in KC and was surprised.

Other than Reid first season in 2013 when Jamal Charles caught 70 balls for 700 yards, the dual threat RB really hasn't been the offensive focus. In the 6 years following Reid's initial season, the RBs in total are averaging about 60 receptions a season (less than 20% of pass attempts).

They are really just dominating offensively with Kelce and Hill, with Kelce catching more balls alone than all RBs combined and averaging over 1000 yards in all his 6 seasons, and Hill averaging over 1000 yards over his 4 seasons as well.

I am still guessing at what we are trying to be and what we are trying to emulate. Nagy clearly wants to get the RB involved in the passing game, but that hasn't worked with Montgomery despite him showing good hands.

Are we really emulating a great offensive system created by Andy Reid.. or did KC just catch fire in a bottle with Kelce and Hill on the same team?

You'd have to bring that up with Bears management.....they got rid of Howard because he couldn't catch the ball.....so they brought in a guy that had about the same amount of receiving production...

The notion was originated with Nagy and Howard was shown the door because of it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mahomes, Mahomes, Watson, Watson, Mahomes. That should take care of this thread for a bit. Oh and Kareem Hunt caught 53 passes in 2017.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Someone will bring up we could have drafted rodgers

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Does anybody on this forum want to talk football anymore?

I try to start a legitimate thread to talk about our scheme and you fuckers can't resist the Watson/mahomes circle jerk.

Why don't you guys start a sticky thread about players we could have drafted so you can jerk each other off in that thread all day and the 6 of us left on this board that want to discuss Bears football can be left alone.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Ryan Leaf #2 overall
Tony Mandarich #2 overall
Charles Rodgers #2 overall

uh oh

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Did OP just scoff at the 60 rec./year by KC RBs when everyone on here used to jackoff to the epic dual-threat of Matt Forte and his 55 receptions/year average?

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Brian Westbrook and LeSean McCoy would like a word

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What KC didn't do is run the ball. Most pass happy team and with an average D.

SUPER BOWL!