What if Trubisky...

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
What kind of contract would it take to re-sign Trubisky if he has a Pro Bowl year with these stats?

4,000 yards pass, 65% comp., 30 TD/12 INT
400 yards rush, 4 TD

I'm not saying whether he can achieve this or not. I'm just trying to think of the dilemma Pace will be in IF Trubisky does this.

30-35M/year for 5 or 6 years? 3 years guaranteed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure Pace would welcome that dilemma. Starting Foles in the opener would limit those #s.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I guess people here have problems with reading comprehension. I'm not debating the possibility of Trubisky getting these numbers. There are plenty of other threads for and against him on that. The question is, what will he be worth if he gets those numbers. And will it be worth the risk of a long term contract.

With a year like that, would people be comfortable if Pace gives him a large contract?

All the other posters here who repeatedly parrot back "Trubisky sucks" and can discuss nothing else of substance can go leave and post on Eggpants' threads.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I would think he gets paid bank if he does well this season. Why would you not pay him? We drafted him and spent 3 years training him.

If Tru's agent is any good, he probably won't accept 30-35M/year. Which means Pace will have to tag him and try to sign him long term.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What if TRU didn’t discover this...

View attachment 5801

Would he be more like this...

View attachment 5802
Maybe not.
0_brittanylynne_35999193_469867620133363_743939875274752_n.jpg

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
I would think he gets paid bank if he does well this season. Why would you not pay him? We drafted him and spent 3 years training him.
There may be a major shortage of funds to pay Mitch. There are projections that because of massively reduced attendance, a salary cap will go down. Players currently under contract probably won't be affected, but new contracts may all suffer. This would be NFL wide, so we may see a large number of players released and many simply agreeing to lower salaries. This may be what's happening now with the Olineman from Atlanta, (Warford?). Teams may be holding back from signing him, unless they know that they will have larger funds for next year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Tru's agent is any good, he probably won't accept 30-35M/year. Which means Pace will have to tag him and try to sign him long term.
That may be the prudent course if Pace can't get a favorable deal. There's long term risk in a $30m per contract if Mitch reverts. LA is kinda fucked right now. The numbers in themselves are not enough, it also has to do with how he achieved them. Whether running a complex O or simply functioned in a dumbed down one Ds will catch up to etc. If he's large and in charge, signing him may be the way to go but it needs to be an obvious decision and the #s alone don't say that even if they show VG overall play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There may be a major shortage of funds to pay Mitch. There are projections that because of massively reduced attendance, a salary cap will go down. Players currently under contract probably won't be affected, but new contracts may all suffer. This would be NFL wide, so we may see a large number of players released and many simply agreeing to lower salaries. This may be what's happening now with the Olineman from Atlanta, (Warford?). Teams may be holding back from signing him, unless they know that they will have larger funds for next year.
All are in the same boat so it's not like he has better options elsewhere and the tag is the tag. I suspect this will be business as usual for the NFL. The Bear are actually in a better position than other teams since their stadium overhead is lower. That's like damning with faint praise but true. I also doubt Mitch want to start over in a new O and he likely appreciates how the Bear have backed him. He's never been about the bling. I suspect he'd accept a fair wage.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t think he willl land a mega contract with those a numbers alone. I think they would offer him something in between Ryan Tannenhill and Kirk cousin’s contract.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If trubisky breaks out you franchise tag him and ask him to do it again before you give him another contract

Yep. As shaky as he's been, make him prove it twice. He's already regressed once.

I'm sure some will say that you stand to lose out on resigning him cheap if you franchise him one year and he plays well the following year too. But the Bears FUBAR'd Cutler's contact by giving him money based on speculation rather than proof.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
All that matters is the Bears win the NFC North and go to the post season!!!!! That is the only one stat that matters.