Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
To be fair....most teams with talented rosters lack cap space.

And yes, this is a talented roster

We all knew this would happen. It's why this city needed mitch to succeed. Their window is pretty much closed if they don't compete this year or next.
Mitchell got this. They could of said fuck it, we're done with this guy completely but when and signed Foles, which is a upgrade over Daniels IMO with the chance to actually battle Mitchell in camp instead of making us fans believe that Daniels could out play Mitchell, let alone push Mitchell harder.
The locker room is still standing ground behind Trubisky in this situation right now also. Plus the fact Nagy is gonna "go back to what works". Obviously, it makes sense. Ota's and Tc will be impacted, but most guys should still remember the plays they known since 2018, learn and clean up mistakes, and stick to "what works" on offense, take it slowly. meanwhile the defense should just shut down the opps and win some games hopefully.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
What do you mean that 2021` is a capless year? It most certainly is not.

Akeem Hicks is the most likely cap casualty. hell, if the Bears get off to a rough start, look for them to trade him mid-season for a 3rd round pick.
I recall there being a lot of chatter that the season where the current CBA runs out and the next one begins was a cap-less year. There were stipulations on what is and is not allowed, but teams could dump some salary in that situation. I recall both the Cowboys and Washington team tried to do this in 2012.

It's weird that all talk about this has vanished. I'm wondering if both sides agreeing on the next CBA a year early somehow made that uncapped year no longer a thing?

Anyway, it appears I'm wrong. Can't find any solid reference about this.