OT: Cam signs with Pats

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So lets be clear....I'm no Cam fan. I always thought he was to much into the endzone histrionics. And he wasn't as much a student of the game as I would've liked. He's gonna be a better student with Belichek. So with all this said.....

Where's the " big accuracy issues". He was Right around 60% comp. most of his career. 18 passing Td's from 200 vs 108 ints. 58 rushing tds, SB appearance, MVP. He was the star on "O" and never really had a top wr. And the OL was avg, at best.

View attachment 6045

We both know completion % != accuracy. Look at Mitch’s completion %

18 passing Td's from 200 vs 108 ints. 58 rushing tds, SB appearance, MVP. He was the star on "O" and never really had a top wr. And the OL was avg, at best.

Ya gotta look at the total picture.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So lets be clear....I'm no Cam fan. I always thought he was to much into the endzone histrionics. And he wasn't as much a student of the game as I would've liked. He's gonna be a better student with Belichek. So with all this said.....

Where's the " big accuracy issues". He was Right around 60% comp. most of his career. 18 passing Td's from 200 vs 108 ints. 58 rushing tds, SB appearance, MVP. He was the star on "O" and never really had a top wr. And the OL was avg, at best.

View attachment 6045

Great graph, might shut some up, but I doubt it, the only problem with Cam is the injury flag ! period.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Great graph, might shut some up, but I doubt it, the only problem with Cam is the injury flag ! period.

Well in Belichek's scheme, I doubt Newton will be expected to carry the O. And the OL will be better.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
18 passing Td's from 200 vs 108 ints. 58 rushing tds, SB appearance, MVP. He was the star on "O" and never really had a top wr. And the OL was avg, at best.

Ya gotta look at the total picture.
This has nothing to do with how accurate he is. Stay on topic. I never said he was a bad QB or anything like that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading for Newton would have been idiotic....on several levels

The only team willing to take a chance on him was New England......because they had the worst QB situation in the league...

There are quite a few question marks around Newton, that is why his contract is incentive laden.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This has nothing to do with how accurate he is. Stay on topic. I never said he was a bad QB or anything like that.

Cam never had a top wr. So give me your definition of "accurate".

For me it's a combo of low ints., high Tds, moving the chains in critical situations and completions. Heck, as a kid, I remember Doug Williams (Tampa, they use to be in our div,)......he would go 10 for 21, but throw 2-3 Tds to beat us on the regular. Some might say he was inaccurate, but he was accurate enuff to win.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Cam never had a top wr. So give me your definition of "accurate".

For me it's a combo of low ints., high Tds, moving the chains in critical situations and completions. Heck, as a kid, I remember Doug Williams (Tampa, they use to be in our div,)......he would go 10 for 21, but throw 2-3 Tds to beat us on the regular. Some might say he was inaccurate, but he was accurate enuff to win.
Consistently putting the ball in tight spaces is accurate. Cams a play maker but not all that accurate

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Consistently putting the ball in tight spaces is accurate. Cams a play maker but not all that accurate

No problem with "putting the ball in tight spaces". Yes it's a good trait

For me, it's just hitting the open wr in critical situations. How many times were folks here complaining about Mitch missing wide open wr's on key 3rd downs?

Sometimes forcing ball into "tight spaces" can cuz picks. If ya can make plays and avoid turnovers, I see that as a plus vs trying to force the ball into tight coverage. IMO

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No problem with "putting the ball in tight spaces". Yes it's a good trait

For me, it's just hitting the open wr in critical situations. How many times were folks here complaining about Mitch missing wide open wr's on key 3rd downs?

Sometimes forcing ball into "tight spaces" can cuz picks. If ya can make plays and avoid turnovers, I see that as a plus vs trying to force the ball into tight coverage. IMO
Personally, that falls into how “clutch” a player is.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Never been a Cam fan....

That being said to be fair last season was an anomaly. Cam's been pretty durable for most of his career given the fact he's never been afraid to run the ball and take punishment.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Never been a Cam fan....

That being said to be fair last season was an anomaly. Cam's been pretty durable for most of his career given the fact he's never been afraid to run the ball and take punishment.

Good points. He never had really good protection in Carolina. Hopefully with N.E. there's better protection and a scheme that
allows him to not take punishment.