Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
waa. Self fulfilling prophecy is the problem.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I work from home. I dialed back my grocery shopping to once every two weeks. When I go out I wear a mask.

It doesn't matter what the reasoning was...going outside for anything other than necessities was a bad idea. I cannot fathom why someone would go to a bar right now. I wouldn't trust them to wash the glasses good enough.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also, a federal lockdown would have helped. Leaving it up to 50 individual governors on their own timelines and terms was a disaster.
It was genius actually. Now the 45th can blame the governors and take no responsibility.

#2,term
#MAGA

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It was genius actually. Now the 45th can blame the governors and take no responsibility.

I suppose governors could mandate fines, much like speeding tickets, for ppl not complying. But even then could the police realistically enforce it?

Honestly, who needs authorization from politicians on whether or not it's smart to go out right now?

I know someone complained that personal responsibility was somehow a moronic idea, but seriously, politicians cannot protect you, they never could.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If he had the authority to close everything down nationwide, then he had the authority to open everything back up. And everyone said he couldn't do that, it was up to the states.

He had the ability to work out a bipartisan, science driven plan. The Pentagon has wargamed for this precise scenario for decades. Both the Obama and W admins had playbooks for this.

Trump's calculus for Covid seems to be purely driven by how it affects his reelection, not public health IMO, and like other posters have previously said, he put responsibility on the states, and used his "leadership" position to create greater division about Covid, something we as Americans should be on the same page with, obviously, as it impacts every single one of us regardless of politics.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it doesn't. At that point it's clearly less contagious than a flu. Most don't catch those and without worrying about keeping their hands clean etc. Why TF do you think masks were created. Speaking or coughing into a mask reduced spread 100 fold.

There's a consensus by med pros on how to handle this. Are their exceptions? Always but they never prove the rule and well organised cooperation without mixed messages and outright lies is always the best way to solve a problem.

You posted one study. The consensus from the medical community is wear a mask. Not being a tin foil hat wearing idiot like you, I’m going to listen to the consensus of people who have spent their lives practicing medicine and fought other outbreaks before. Like I said, you’re part of the problem.

Yawn.

1) I never claimed to be a contagious disease expert. I am however well informed on what type of mask offers what level of protection. I know the difference between quantitative and qualitative fit testing is. I undergo a pulmonary function test with my physical every year (necessary to wear a proper respirator). Most of the studies being tossed about in this thread are on the use of N95 masks, of which virtually no one is wearing. These mask (most homemade) are not even close to an N95, which by itself is questionable. These handmade cloth (or machine made paper equivalents) have been widely regarded as useless by the medical community until recently. The studies that have been performed on them are so flawed it isn't funny.

2) I am all for social distancing, Qt, and all the other protective measures being taken. You won't see me post anything as stupid as "hey, I walked into a bar and the bartender wasn't wearing a mask". My one and only beef is with people that think this mask is some kind of wonder cure-all, when the truth is it is about worthless. People keep pointing out this and that, and attributing lower infection rates to the mask, and the mask alone. This is bad science, and failing to understand how to interpret data. Why? Because people that wear mask are much more likely to observe the other safety protocols such as 6' distancing, sanitizing or washing hands frequently, avoiding large gatherings, etc etc. It is these measures that are responsible for the vast majority of the reduction, not the masks themselves.

In other words, don't go into the bar, dumbass.

3) As some medical professionals have pointed out, the masks may help to remind the (stupid) people to follow these other protocols, so they act as some sort of a placebo. So if you need to wear a mask to help remind you to maintain social distancing, avoid large groups, and wash your hands frequently, well, by all means wear a mask.

4) Even the people that are wearing masks have no clue on how to properly do so. They seldom wash them, are constantly handling them. re-adjusting them, failing to sanitize their hands after they do so, etc etc. No real world study has been conducted to take this into account, making the one off studies of the effectiveness of a single event cough into the mask useless. The study that I posted showed that after a period of time with a covid infected patient wearing a cloth mask, the concentration of covid particles was actually higher on the outside of the mask then it was on the inside. You know, the part of the mask people are continually touching? How are you drinking that beer, you mask wearing savants?

5) Why do I care? Read the beginning of this thread before I chimed in. When people start attributing mask wearing as the primary driver of lower rates of infections, they start to get a false sense of security and not follow the other much more effective protocols.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had the ability to work out a bipartisan, science driven plan. The Pentagon has wargamed for this precise scenario for decades. Both the Obama and W admins had playbooks for this.

Trump's calculus for Covid seems to be purely driven by how it affects his reelection, not public health IMO, and like other posters have previously said, he put responsibility on the states, and used his "leadership" position to create greater division about Covid, something we as Americans should be on the same page with, obviously, as it impacts every single one of us regardless of politics.

Your totally ignoring the division of power between the federal government and that of the states. I guess government wasn't your strong suite in school.

Newsflash- The Framers of the Constitution envisioned that state governments, not the national government, would be the main unit of government for citizens on a day-to-day basis.

Providing for public safety, health, welfare has always been an exclusive state power.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Your totally ignoring the division of power between the federal government and that of the states. I guess government wasn't your strong suite in school.

Newsflash- The Framers of the Constitution envisioned that state governments, not the national government, would be the main unit of government for citizens on a day-to-day basis.

Providing for public safety, health, welfare has always been an exclusive state power.

Just like microbiology and virology evidently was something you never heard of.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I'm not ignoring it at all, It's just not addressing that in my post, because I'm posting about leadership. Not about powers/control/legalities. If you want to argue about the content I actually posted, I may indulge, but not about chit i'm not talking about lol. I probably will not anyways, because you are kind of a cunt that just likes to make threads really long with lots of posting about chit for the sake of aruguing.

Maybe try @remydat ?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not ignoring it at all, It's just not addressing that in my post, because I'm posting about leadership. Not about powers/control/legalities. If you want to argue about the content I actually posted, I may indulge, but not about chit i'm not talking about lol. I probably will not anyways, because you are kind of a cunt that just likes to make threads really long with lots of posting about chit for the sake of aruguing.

Maybe try @remydat ?
Lmao, and your a cunt that likes to come in toss insults , all while not having a clue what your talking about, Might I remind you that you said this....." he put responsibility on the states " and now that someone has challenged you on it you want to run like the little coward bitch that you are.

He did not put responsibility on the States, it was theirs to begin with. it actually (constitutionally speaking) might be one of the few things he did right. He was however absolutely wrong in threatening to forcefully re-open the States. it's not his decision to make.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see you putting material things above human life. Like I said you are part of the problem.
newsflash for you princess. Decisions are made on a daily basis on the acceptable level of risk, from how much you can drink at a bar and drive, to the posted speed limit on the freeways, to the required safety of your car, if you can own a gun, the medicines you can be prescribed.....I could go on forever.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
go fuck yourself. What makes you think I care you don't care?
Go fuck your self too. And what makes me think is oh maybe I don’t know how you have trashed the masks about as much as anything else in this thread despite what the professionals say. Like I said you think you know better and only listen when it supports your pre conceived notions.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
newsflash for you princess. Decisions are made on a daily basis on the acceptable level of risk, from how much you can drink at a bar and drive, to the posted speed limit on the freeways, to the required safety of your car, if you can own a gun, the medicines you can be prescribed.....I could go on forever.
Newsflash for you: as @Bearly pointed out other countries who took it serious and enforced a serious lockdown are already opening back up to foreign travel and still haven’t seen a similar spike like we have. While they are getting the economy back on track we seem to be heading towards more lock down. Was the “risk” really worth it?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lmao, and your a cunt that likes to come in toss insults , all while not having a clue what your talking about, Might I remind you that you said this....." he put responsibility on the states " and now that someone has challenged you on it you want to run like the little coward bitch that you are.

He did not put responsibility on the States, it was theirs to begin with. it actually (constitutionally speaking) might be one of the few things he did right. He was however absolutely wrong in threatening to forcefully re-open the States. it's not his decision to make.
yeah i could have chosen words better there. sorry that you are so angry about it, and please have mercy on me going forward now that you have properly pwnd me.

Thanks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@nc0gnet0 is big mad and super hostile rn IMO, I am going to "run away like a coward bitch" or whatever in the hope he calms down and doesn't prolapse his butthole.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Apologize for getting a little heated and insulting you @nc0gnet0 but I am extremely frustrated by the amount of Americans not taking this seriously and not listening to medical professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.