Can't imagine the Bears without Soldier Field.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Wow what a bunch of wimps. We have a beautiful stadium in a classic Chicago location. Less seats means, better viewing. I watched a game in the Cowboys giant dome, and the room is so big you end up watching the game on the video screens. I like to watch the players on the field then look for a replay. But, Chicago has it good with Soldier's Field. It's FOOTBALL, played by men in the elements. Fuck the Super Bowl, who cares if a bunch of spoiled millionaires and billionaires come to town for two days. Let 'em go to Miami Beach and play their golf and go yachting in the winter sun. Chicago is a real city with real people and a real football team that understands the city. I complain a lot about dumb stuff the Bears do, at times. But,
Chicago isn't a Cubs town or a Sox town or a Hawks or Bulls town, it's a Bears town.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I like your opinion, and NE is a prime example of how to win.

Just to be clear, I don't think that a new stadium all on it's own would lead to a winning attitude, but it sure as hell can't hurt.

I have experienced this personally. I went from working in a plywood office in the middle of a motor pool, to working in a beautiful building in DC. My internal work ethic never changed but being in that building gave me a feeling that those responsible for placing me there appreciated my effort, knowledge and potential.

Don't discount the Human psyche....

Oh no...I'm not discounting the positives of a nice work environment. I just get disappointed with the lack of ? in the belly
of ownership for winning ( that's the curse I live with for seeing us win a SB ?).

I've been saying for years please sell the team. We need an "upgrade" in ownership.?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm over bearin down at SF. Let's build some state of the art chit!

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow what a bunch of wimps. We have a beautiful stadium in a classic Chicago location. Less seats means, better viewing. I watched a game in the Cowboys giant dome, and the room is so big you end up watching the game on the video screens. I like to watch the players on the field then look for a replay. But, Chicago has it good with Soldier's Field. It's FOOTBALL, played by men in the elements. Fuck the Super Bowl, who cares if a bunch of spoiled millionaires and billionaires come to town for two days. Let 'em go to Miami Beach and play their golf and go yachting in the winter sun. Chicago is a real city with real people and a real football team that understands the city. I complain a lot about dumb stuff the Bears do, at times. But,
Chicago isn't a Cubs town or a Sox town or a Hawks or Bulls town, it's a Bears town.

Maybe. But Soldier Field, the stadium sucks. They can have elements in a much, much nicer stadium. For a city like Chicago and a team like the Bears it is an embarrassment.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Where might a new stadium be situated?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the damn thing is amazing..i took these in february.
BXRNyRn.jpg

oiPUg2g.jpg
I've only been to a couple of Bears games in person, so I don't have a lot of experience. I did go to a pre-season event a couple of years ago with my brother-in-law (Bills/Packers fan) and he was pretty impressed with Soldier Field (as was I, but it could have just been Adrenalin).

O/T: Is that a Hemi hood I see in the photo?

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I’m all for the Bears moving away from Soldier Field because 1) it’s a shitty, small stadium 2) to maximize team value 3) to help bring a Super Bowl or final four to Chicagoland.

That said, a stadium in Arlington Heights would be a big “fuck you” to southside fans/season ticket holders. I’d prefer a location downtown, in dupage county, or in the near west suburbs so that it’s centrally located within the region.

Another option would be crane lifting the entire southside/suburbs and creating a sky society directly over arlington heights - accessible by elevator.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Long enough to know the McCaskey’s are incompetent

Actually they're smart business ppl. I read where they cut a 20m profit check to the McCaskey kids annually.
Fact is they know they don't have to WIN.....and still make $$$$$. ?

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Another option would be crane lifting the entire southside/suburbs and creating a sky society directly over arlington heights - accessible by elevator.

easy fix, go to Joliet and put the stadium by the race tracks. You can have unlimited parking easy access in and out, dome it out and build more hotels bringing in profit including gambling would be right down the street, all profit!

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why didn’t the ricketts put a dome on wrigley ?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Perfect

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting perspective as I can remember the Bears playing at Wrigley Field... They moved to Soldier Field in 1971...

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Interesting perspective as I can remember the Bears playing at Wrigley Field... They moved to Soldier Field in 1971...
I watched Sayers play there when I was 8 years old. A shitty stadium overall for football (Too small For The field), but no seat was too far from the action.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched Sayers play there when I was 8 years old. A shitty stadium overall for football (Too small For The field), but no seat was too far from the action.
Yup yup. Believe the low brick wall was like 3' off the corner of the endzone. Put a different spin on the corner fade. But then again the goal post was IN the endzone.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I want to jump back into Soldier Field design for a second. Architecturally, I was very interested in the new design rising out of the Doric columns. I was very happy with the result. The new stadium is architecturally spot on for modern cosmopolitan city. A city that is still the engine that churns the mid west economy in the US. Instead of trying to match the Greek architecture, the architects said we love our roots and we love who we are, look at how far we have come. When the game broadcasts are on, the shot from the south end zone looking north is wonderful, the way the ultra modern architecture brackets the big shoulder buildings downtown. I have been in the cowboys dome and it is very nice and roomy, the concourses are huge, the food service is excellent, the video screens are ginormous. But, football is game played by real people outside, and watched by real people outside. For me, Soldier Field is a great place to watch classic American Football, played by a classic American football team.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've only been to a couple of Bears games in person, so I don't have a lot of experience. I did go to a pre-season event a couple of years ago with my brother-in-law (Bills/Packers fan) and he was pretty impressed with Soldier Field (as was I, but it could have just been Adrenalin).

O/T: Is that a Hemi hood I see in the photo?
yes it is...lime green special collectors edition SRT8 charger, passed the stadium on the way to the strip in vegas..made my buddy drive the car back over there, cali bound so i can take a few pictures of that stadium. i left my tesla at home.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So a dome over soldier field would only be for a super bowl?
December - February plus they would be able to host a whole shitload of different things then. I think a retractable roof would be the way to go.