Riley Ridley - Accurate Expectations?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Hi guys,

Going to be honest. This is pertaining to fantasy football. I'm wondering what you guys think about Ridley for this year and what's an accurate expectation of what his stats would look like?

I'm excited about his potential in that he comes from a football family (Calvin Ridley) and was considered a good value pick because his stock dropped a bit form his combine, but I'm also concerned about what he really is. His college stat line goes 69 catches, 1015 yards (14.7 ypc) and 13 TDs over THREE SEASONS at Georgia. Part of me feels he'll never be a 700+ yard type WR because quite simply he never has been one.

What do you Bears fans think of him?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not worth a draft pick in FF. To many options to spread the ball around. AR, Miller, Graham, Kmet, Montgomery, Cohen, Ginn. I think the dinosaur Ginn will eat up Ridley's snaps.

Edit: This advice is assuming you're in a standard 10 or 12 man league. If you're in like a super deep league with 14+ teams, then maybe. I would just wait to pick him up on waivers if he is actually getting some PT.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
To your comments:

League type - 10 team, 0.5 PPR dynasty league with 25 man rosters and 3 taxi spots (these are where you can stash rookies for a season without taking up a roster spot).

Don't draft anyone not named ARob - I already drafted ARob. This is honestly the last spot on my roster.

"Earl Bennett level production" - By the time you read this I will have cut Ridley.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The only reason anyone has any hope in him is because he has a relative in the NFL that is a stud. Dude is a 4th round draft pick, not a starter, on a bad offense .... yeah I wouldn’t draft him.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To your comments:

League type - 10 team, 0.5 PPR dynasty league with 25 man rosters and 3 taxi spots (these are where you can stash rookies for a season without taking up a roster spot).

Don't draft anyone not named ARob - I already drafted ARob. This is honestly the last spot on my roster.

"Earl Bennett level production" - By the time you read this I will have cut Ridley.
Now owning him in a dynasty league has much more appeal then a re-draft league. To your OP - I don't see him having a ton of production this year, but if you have roster space to stash him, I think he could have some appeal in the next 2 years.

Edit: With that said, I think some of the WRs taken in the first couple rounds of this past draft have much much more appeal than Ridley moving forward.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Anything less than 75 catches, 1000 yards, and 8 TDS or Pace is drawn and quartered.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Being Calvin's brother is as irrelevant as Eddie Payton being Walter's brother. If you were doing FF in 1977, would you draft Eddie Payton because of genetics?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
To your comments:

No way in a 10 team league should he be drafted. Just way and see how he plays, could be a pickup later in the season

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No way in a 10 team league should he be drafted. Just way and see how he plays, could be a pickup later in the season
This and don't expect much early. He's the type of WR that has to get a feel for how to pay NFL DBs before he can do his thing. Just hasn't had enough reps yet.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Expect about the same production as Javon Wims has had in the past.

If the offense plays anything like it did last year, don’t expect him to have more than 180yds for the year.

I just don’t see the talent like his brother.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Darnell Mooney will probably have better stats than Ridley.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The only reason anyone has any hope in him is because he has a relative in the NFL that is a stud. Dude is a 4th round draft pick, not a starter, on a bad offense .... yeah I wouldn’t draft him.

LOL @ Calvin Ridley being a stud!!!! You should at least wait until Calvin becomes a stud. :brady:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL @ Calvin Ridley being a stud!!!! You should at least wait until Calvin becomes a stud. :brady:
He has 130 catches, 1600 yards and 17 TDs in two years as a WR2. Calvin is pretty good.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hi guys,

Going to be honest. This is pertaining to fantasy football. I'm wondering what you guys think about Ridley for this year and what's an accurate expectation of what his stats would look like?

I'm excited about his potential in that he comes from a football family (Calvin Ridley) and was considered a good value pick because his stock dropped a bit form his combine, but I'm also concerned about what he really is. His college stat line goes 69 catches, 1015 yards (14.7 ypc) and 13 TDs over THREE SEASONS at Georgia. Part of me feels he'll never be a 700+ yard type WR because quite simply he never has been one.

What do you Bears fans think of him?

I wouldn’t draft Ridley in a 120 team league.

Does that answer your question?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He has 130 catches, 1600 yards and 17 TDs in two years as a WR2. Calvin is pretty good.

Guys like Michael Thomas, Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson get those in one year. That's what a stud is. I never said Ridley wasn't any good, but he's not a stud. Stud's put up elite numbers.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Guys like Michael Thomas, Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson get those in one year. That's what a stud is. I never said Ridley wasn't any good, but he's not a stud. Stud's put up elite numbers.
I guess the definition of 'stud' is subjective