Should the Redskins change their name

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Majority of Natives that have been surveyed on this topic are not offended. It appears white sjw-types are the only people offended, per usual. It's an obvious homage to Native Americans as sports teams in this country used to pick mascots to inspire strength, courage, and ferocity.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Majority of Natives that have been surveyed on this topic are not offended. It appears white sjw-types are the only people offended, per usual. It's an obvious homage to Native Americans as sports teams in this country used to pick mascots to inspire strength, courage, and ferocity.

I wonder if there's proof of that claim?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's not hard for me to predict that the logo is next in line. We'll start hearing the complaints about it soon enough.
Yeah but the actual name I mean.

Cleveland Indians logo btw is way more racist than the Blackhawks.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Yeah but the actual name I mean.

Cleveland Indians logo btw is way more racist than the Blackhawks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Indians felt continued pressure to change their name completely. As far as the Blackhawks, at a minimum, the logo is going to be under pressure. I'm sure there's someone else on the board that knows more about the perception of the logo right now.

I'm not a very political person, but I can see the writing is on the wall for the Blackhawks logo.

The "it's a tribute" defense hasn't been working out.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Indians felt continued pressure to change their name completely. As far as the Blackhawks, at a minimum, the logo is going to be under pressure. I'm sure there's someone else on the board that knows more about the perception of the logo right now.

I'm not a very political person, but I can see the writing is on the wall for the Blackhawks logo.

The "it's a tribute" defense hasn't been working out.
The problem is that it has become almost impossible to create a logo of an actual person without people taking offense to it. I can see the Indians logo being offensive because it’s a cartoon like logo with exaggerated features. The blackhawks logo is more like the Aunt Jamima logo or Uncle Ben where it is just a photo. If that is offensive than any photo is offensive.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The problem is that it has become almost impossible to create a logo of an actual person without people taking offense to it. I can see the Indians logo being offensive because it’s a cartoon like logo with exaggerated features. The blackhawks logo is more like the Aunt Jamima logo or Uncle Ben where it is just a photo. If that is offensive than any photo is offensive.

I'm not towing this line, but I have seen wooden cigar store Indians being deemed racist. I see the resemblance in the Blackhawks logo.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Ok, but if enough people did, you would be ok with their logo being replaced I assume.

If a group of Norwegians organized and started to push for the historical stereotype of raping and pillaging being changed...I suppose it could happen...and at this point in time, I think I'd be sad to see it go.

Hell, I was sad to see the Washington Bullets change. I thought the name was kinda cool.

But I think as Chicago fans, we should be prepared for the Blackhawks logo to change. It's probably going to happen someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.