How many games do you think the NFL will be able to get in?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Full season.

It's outside, or a giant stadium. If needed, they can space the audience apart, 1/2 capacity. Not to mention, the NFL can make a profit with an empty stadium for a short time with commercial broadcast revenue.

Again, the players are outside. Plus, they can drape masks on the inside of the face mask. Surgical masks are not adequate respiratory protection (per CDC), it only protects against spittle. Or they can go with the (LaDainian Tomlinson) clear plastic screen if they want eye protection.

donkdw

Liked Posts:
Full season but no fans at any games - EPL has done the same to fulfill tv contracts

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Why would so many medical facilities, or report collection providers, give inflated COVID-19 positivity rate reports?
Check the source. It's Fox News. They lean right the same way CNN leans left.

Honestly avoid both altogether and look to get info from a source that at least explains both sides.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Check the source. It's Fox News. They lean right the same way CNN leans left.

Honestly avoid both altogether and look to get info from a source that at least explains both sides.

I would agree with you except for two points:

1. It's a FOX affiliate. Local station. Came out a day before FOX cable picked it up.
2. The numbers don't lie. It's there in black and white

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No games. Stadiums burned down. NFL folds. That's it.
anybody come to soldier field and tries some shit..is gonna get fucked up.
source.gif

I will see to your cock departed from balls.

Last edited:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
because they get paid 35 bux for each positive test, in FLA there are companies who have run 500 tests with ZERO negatives
Have a link that reveals who pays who for positive test results?

Anyway, if that were true, it would only explain why they reported positives, not why they left off negatives. Both numbers would be at their finger tips. Unless they were reporting negatives as positives, which I don't think was indicated.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Sorry sculpt but your argument does not hold up. Outside is great IF you can distance yourself from others.

Were talking about giant men exhaling in eachother face 1 foot apart for several hours and sharing locker and travel facilities and bodily fluids flying through the air on every play.

It's gonna impact the season Big time. Mostly playoffs imo I don't know how you run a tournament with such uncertainty and possibly dropouts

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
none, there isn't gonna be a season.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry sculpt but your argument does not hold up. Outside is great IF you can distance yourself from others.

Were talking about giant men exhaling in eachother face 1 foot apart for several hours and sharing locker and travel facilities and bodily fluids flying through the air on every play.

It's gonna impact the season Big time. Mostly playoffs imo I don't know how you run a tournament with such uncertainty and possibly dropouts

Correction, It should read like this:

Were talking about giant men that have been tested negative for Covid-19, exhaling in each others face 1 foot apart for several hours and sharing locker and travel facilities and bodily fluids flying through the air on every play.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
because they get paid 35 bux for each positive test, in FLA there are companies who have run 500 tests with ZERO negatives
How fucked up is the health care system when it adds financial incentives for private companies to skew the results?

Seriously, how or why is this allowed? Please let's not get into a political red/blue debate here, but how broken is the system when something as simple as collecting data can't happen on an even playing field?

I'm Canadian, so this just seems so insanely off. It's as if the health care system cares very little about keeping people healthy.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Correction, It should read like this:

Were talking about giant men that have been tested negative for Covid-19, exhaling in each others face 1 foot apart for several hours and sharing locker and travel facilities and bodily fluids flying through the air on every play.
Or it should read:

"Were talking about giant men that have been tested negative for Covid-19, but have also been in close contact with family, friends and support staff who have no formal testing structure are exhaling in each others face 1 foot apart for several hours and sharing locker and travel facilities and bodily fluids flying through the air on every play."

So adding to the fact that the negative tested athletes still are in contact with untested family/friends/coworker, let's not forget all the tests that are currently available have an error rate. Per this June 10th report it could be as high as 20%.

What does this mean? You can go from one week were the entire team tests negative to a massive number the following week.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Aside from games potentially being cancelled, I'd make a bet that teams with stronger rushing attacks are going to rise to the top this year.

If your starting QB is out for a few weeks, you're probably adding a few losses to your record. RBs can be brought in to replace a starter or depth player with far less difficulty.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or it should read:

"Were talking about giant men that have been tested negative for Covid-19, but have also been in close contact with family, friends and support staff who have no formal testing structure are exhaling in each others face 1 foot apart for several hours and sharing locker and travel facilities and bodily fluids flying through the air on every play."

So adding to the fact that the negative tested athletes still are in contact with untested family/friends/coworker, let's not forget all the tests that are currently available have an error rate. Per this June 10th report it could be as high as 20%.

What does this mean? You can go from one week were the entire team tests negative to a massive number the following week.

negative for Covid-19, but have also been in close contact with family, friends and support staff who have no formal testing structure are exhaling in each others face 1 foot apart for several hours and sharing locker and travel facilities and bodily fluids flying through the air on every play."

You do realize, we can continue down this path, and eventually we will come to the fact that they are at no greater risk playing football then they are at home, right? And the support staff has been tested as well. So yes, in order for it to work, it is the athletes that will need to take a certain level of personal responsibility while away from team facilities to insure that are not the source of contamination. Is this too much to ask of athletes that are very well compensated?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aside from games potentially being cancelled, I'd make a bet that teams with stronger rushing attacks are going to rise to the top this year.

If your starting QB is out for a few weeks, you're probably adding a few losses to your record. RBs can be brought in to replace a starter or depth player with far less difficulty.

I think teams with the most amount of returning veterans are at the biggest advantage. If you have a high turnover rate at Oline for example, it won't be pretty.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
...You do realize, we can continue down this path, and eventually we will come to the fact that they are at no greater risk playing football then they are at home, right? ...
That's not a fact.

You are confusing your opinion with an agreed upon fact.

IMHO pro sports, which I enjoy and miss very much, just aren't as important as getting COVID-19 under control. If they distract from the ultimate goal of keeping people safe then maybe it's time to take a season off.

So, let's continue down the path of us not agreeing on facts. You use whatever you want and I'll do the same. Hopefully we'll help readers make informed decisions on what's safest for them, their loved ones and their neighbors.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about some perspective?

Far more MILITARY servicemen/women are deployed away from their families with little to no direct contact for as long or longer than a football season. They are paid pennies on dollars compared to these football players. Both have the option to do it or drop out and not, players even more so.

Sports is mostly about the money & love for the game vs. military obligation to one's country. I'm NOT comparing this at all.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's not a fact.

You are confusing your opinion with an agreed upon fact.

IMHO pro sports, which I enjoy and miss very much, just aren't as important as getting COVID-19 under control. If they distract from the ultimate goal of keeping people safe then maybe it's time to take a season off.

So, let's continue down the path of us not agreeing on facts. You use whatever you want and I'll do the same. Hopefully we'll help readers make informed decisions on what's safest for them, their loved ones and their neighbors.

You seem to be missing the point. The NFL is initially providing the players with a Covid-19 free environment. The ability to keep it that way resides with the players, and how they interact outside of the NFL facilities.

Obviously you don't see the irony in the fact the players are more concerned about what goes on inside the facility, when in fact success or failure of the protocols rest largely on the players themselves, and how they manage themselves away from the facility.