Dak Prescott

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
Dude could potentially hit the open market this upcoming free agency of the next.
He definitely wants to be paid in the range of $40mil per(maybe higher).
But will be a young top 10 QB who has shown to be very durable and healthy in his career.

Bottom line - should the bears be interested if Foles and or Trubisky are just OK.

4Yrs $164mil with $120mil Guaranteed will probably be what it takes to get him here in the open market .

This likely means no money to extend Roquan, Kyle Fuller, and Akiem Hicks In 2021

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Dude could potentially hit the open market this upcoming free agency of the next.
But will be a young top 10 QB who has shown to be very durable and healthy in his career.

Bottom line - should the bears be interested if Foles and or Trubisky are just OK.

4Yrs $164mil with $120mil Guaranteed will probably be what it takes to get him here in the open market .

This likely means no money to extend Roquan, Kyle Fuller, and Akiem Hicks In 2021

no.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hope not I want nothing to do with that diva.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he stays with Dallas.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He’s an improvement over what we have but still not “the guy”

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

48ml0t.jpg

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Prescott is a full step better QB than Trubisky. Just look at the stats.

Even Prescott's 'down years' are better than Trub. I think Prescott will improve over time.

Bears need to be better at QB, and I hope they are this year, but we'll see. I think Prescott's a viable step up.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Prescott is a full step better QB than Trubisky. Just look at the stats.

Even Prescott's 'down years' are better than Trub. I think Prescott will improve over time.

Bears need to be better at QB, and I hope they are this year, but we'll see. I think Prescott's a viable step up.

You know, if we could get him in the 20-25 mil a year category I would agree with you. But he wants top tier money, something akin to what Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahommes makes and he hasn't shown me yet that he is that 'guy' that could lead this team to a Superbowl. He is talented, has upside but you could say that about 3/4 of the QBs in the league, including Trubisky. Short of him going off this year and leading the league in most passing categories and a legitimate MVP season you can't pull that trigger.

McPickle

Liked Posts:
Dak threw 30 TD’s in 2019. 14 came against the Giants and Washington. While stats aren’t everything, with a stacked offense I can understand why the Cowboys don’t want to break the bank for him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dak threw 30 TD’s in 2019. 14 came against the Giants and Washington. While stats aren’t everything, with a stacked offense I can understand why the Cowboys don’t want to break the bank for him.
Problem with stacked is $ and you still need a D. That OL, catchers and Elliot sure aren't making Prescott look worse. Don't get me wrong. I wanted Prescott when he was drafted but I feel he's asking for too much. Prescott is a .500 QB when Elliot is out and he still has that OL and other catchers. He may be worth what he's asking but it's a huge risk and he could noticeably limit the rest of a team. I'm OK with paying top QBs top $ since they bring enough with them to compensate but I'm not sure Dak brings enough value added for that payday.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
View attachment 6190
1595040198087-png.6190
The acquisition would have many similarities except that Dak would be getting paid significantly more compared to his peers.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dak is THE guy who will profit from the Mahomes contract first. Jerry is gonna wish he agreed to that deal for the 35 million.

Right ........so here's the thing, in 2021 free agency, the $$$$ will not be going down for good Qb's