Down to 8 Tight Ends....

greg23

Liked Posts:
Braunecker released.

A bit surprising this early as he was about a 50% ST contributor last year and plenty of other garbage on roster to get rid of (esp if its 80 man camp not 90) and other worthless TE

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Will Pace finally admit Shaheen is a bust?

Someone might have to explain this. But it seems Shaheen is only guaranteed his signing bonus, and not his base salary, but it seems to count against the cap anyway.

The Bears could save $1.2M by cutting him, but it still counts on the 2020 cap.

Just think, Pace probably will be watching both his 1 & 2 picks from 2017 leave the team soon.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Maybe Shaheen will stay forever, and be the Chase Daniel of TE’s.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Will Pace finally admit Shaheen is a bust?

Someone might have to explain this. But it seems Shaheen is only guaranteed his signing bonus, and not his base salary, but it seems to count against the cap anyway.

The Bears could save $1.2M by cutting him, but it still counts on the 2020 cap.

Just think, Pace probably will be watching both his 1 & 2 picks from 2017 leave the team soon.

Your link says he would count $609,644 against the cap if cut 1/4th of his prorated SB. The $1,270,982 salary only counts if he is on the team.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Shaheen will be cut soon. You can't keep him ahead of Kmet, Graham, Harris, and Holtz.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe this is his year

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Braunecker was probably a mercy cut so he could catch on elsewhere. They save his salary and that’ll likely be the case with Shaheen but you keep the young guy into camp for due diligence.

I think Mingo made Ben expendable because he’ll be a core special teamer. Likewise with D. Harris who iirc is cheaper at TE. I think Harris was 800k, close to vet min.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Shaheen is not horrible what little he plays. If he could stay healthy would make a decent red zone te.
He averages less than a reception per game,less than 10 yards per reception, less than 10 yards receiving per game, his career game is 4 rec/44 yards, and he has 4 TD's in 3 seasons. On top of that he has comes to camp horribly out of shape and unable to participate. If that does constitute a horrible TE, what does?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crazy week for Braunecker. He gets engaged to Mike Golics daughter who lives here in chicago, then gets cut.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Braunecker has been the same player for years. He's reached his potential which is a guy and no more. It just means they think Holtz and Horsted are close and have more potential. Ben now has an opportunity to stick elsewhere.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Imagine if you were the owner of the Chicago bears and you had to write a million dollar check to shaheen?

shows how clueless they are bc every one of us on this board would refuse to write that check!

I’d have a f....... Heart attack from laughter and disgust having to write him a check for ten grand, a million?????

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I want Horsted to get his shot, Braunecker was kept as ST depth 1st not for his TE development.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Its amazing how many are mad because of the cut order......does it really matter if Shaheen gets cut after Braunecker.....

I'm not upset about the cut order. I think there's a chance the guy makes the team. He's only guaranteed his signing bonus if cut $609,644. If he plays 1,880,626.

Could you imagine giving him that money when teams were asking guys to give up 35% of their money because of covid?