How emotionally invested are you this year?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Im super pumped about every season, no matter what. I will always watch every game to the end, hoping for a win. Some of you "fans" really suck at being fans. And for a career? 14 years in and i retire in 6 years. 39 years old and still hope i see greatness every week. After the kids go to bed, i play Madden, only Bears. Only websites i read are Bears, or Cubs, related.
I also only use the Bears on Madden. I watch every game to the end even if we are losing badly.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll watch every game obviously. I'm just not excited for the season. Trubisky/Foles situation will likely be a dumpster fire and then we have this whole pandemic going on so there other more important things happening.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Im super pumped about every season, no matter what. I will always watch every game to the end, hoping for a win. Some of you "fans" really suck at being fans. And for a career? 14 years in and i retire in 6 years. 39 years old and still hope i see greatness every week. After the kids go to bed, i play Madden, only Bears. Only websites i read are Bears, or Cubs, related.
well said!!!!!!!!!!!

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Nerd

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Football is really the only sport I get still get excited about. This year I really have no excitement. I feel like the amount of time that will be missed by players really will hamper the season. Also no fans is just weird. I've tried watching a couple baseball games and just can't get into it.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
To be honest it’s hard for me to get excited about football like years past because I personally don’t see how they will even finish the season. I’m just curious. How excited is everyone else about this season or have you already tuned out?
Not so much to much going on... But always root for the team

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will watch every game and be right into it because that is what I do on Sundays.

I won’t buy all the way in.

I know this team is limited by a mediocre GM and bad offensive talent. I won’t talk myself around an obvious problem

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Im always invested but last year was rough. What will get me back to 2018 levels is mitch winning the job and playing better. Throw in mack and quinn for 20 sacks and here we go

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think we all realize that there is a ceiling on this team.

This is not one of the 10 most talent teams in the league.

I will watch and hope that they catch lightning, but I expect them to be 8-8.

Liked Posts:
The way covid is (not) handled and even still accelerating in the usa, I expect it to be impossible for the season not to be affected by it. It's a real possibility the season will be cancelled after a few weeks with infected players all over the league. I cancelled my NFL game pass for this season and see how it works out by W1.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's the typical Bears season. The defense that will probably be in the top 5. The offense will probably be in the bottom 5. The oline is trash....you can't polish a turd. What proven receiving threats outside of Arob do we have? Trubisky is gonna Trubisky and I doubt Foles will survive behind this line. Did I mention we have Nagy calling the plays? lol Best case we win 10 (of the strength of the D), worst case we win 5-6. I'll watch every game but I'm going in with low expectations. Can't get disappointed if you don't expect anything!

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To be honest it’s hard for me to get excited about football like years past because I personally don’t see how they will even finish the season. I’m just curious. How excited is everyone else about this season or have you already tuned out?

I have completely checked out. Normally I'd know that a player like Shaheen got traded within a couple minutes of it happening.... I just found out today.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emotional investment is difficult to metrize, but I'd put myself solely below cautiously optimistic and right above expecting calamity.