First Eddie, now ole Mole eye!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky: Opting out of 2020 season to "Focus on health and fundamentals."

Share this story
Kansas City Chiefs v Chicago Bears
Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes (left) and Bears quarterback Mitch Trubisky meet after Kansas City’s 26-3 victory last season at Soldier Field. Photo by Dylan Buell/Getty Images

Pace was minding his own business Monday afternoon, probably enjoying an RC Cola, the official low-rent soft drink of the Chicago Bears. If he glanced at Twitter, he wouldn't have noticed anything but the usual political spin and normal "NFL is about to start" breaking news. Simpler times.

The NFL is filled with coaches and general managers who pride themselves on excessive preparation. If they’re presented with the Mount Everest of rock piles, they’ll leave no stone unturned. So how is it possible that the Bears and Ryan Pace didn't see this one coming?

The easy answer is stone cold negligence. Perhaps Pace and Nagy are still drunk on those 2018 fumes, but the fact that neither of these Halas Hall Leaders saw this coming tells you a lot about their current state of preparation.

In a leaked email to yours truly, allow me to summarize the story of the month: Mitchell Trubisky is sitting out this season to work on his fundamentals and oh yeah, "protect his health." Here's what he told my source.

"I mean, it's crazy, you know? I'm not the biggest believer in the China Virus or what not, but I have to lead my team and right now this team needs someone who's not afraid to make a stand. I care about my health, and to be honest, I could really use this opportunity to work with Dave some more. Coach really likes RPO and I could use some footwork training."

What more needs to be said, Bears fans? Our flippant, fratboy bust of a QB can't even strap on the helmet before calling it quits so he can continue working on his fundamentals. Is this the future Ryan Pace envisioned when trading up to draft Trubisky at #2? Is this type of leadership what Nagy saw at the combine? Well, let's hear what Matt Nagy has to say in this bombshell revelation:

"Mitch's a hard worker. We all know that. We see it every day. That said, I have no doubt he's going to kick this Kung Flu whatever's tail. I'll probably reach out to him in October to make sure he's doing ok. For now, it's Foles' team. It is what it is. It's not like it's my fault or someone on the defensive side."

Pace fails again. He couldn’t see Mahomes’ incredible talent and Watson’s impressive ability. It’s why, like a high schooler staring at his cellphone and waiting in vain for requited love, Pace and CO press on with the super awkward Foles. Rumors are already swirling that a coup is forming to take down Foles in order to get Chase Daniels back in Halas Hall.

And it’s why Pace, heading into his fourth season with Trubisky, is still taking heavy artillery fire over his decision to trade up and use the second overall pick on someone not named Mahomes or Watson. Not one of those guys has quit on his team in such a goofy ass way.

The Bears have a problem identifying good quarterbacks, head coaches and offensive positions in general. This is a historical problem, not just a Trubisky problem. Jay Cutler is the franchise’s leader in passing yards, but he was one of the most criticized players the team has ever had. Pace doesn’t get the blame for Cutler. Former Bears general manager Jerry Angelo does. It’s a systemic problem.

If you squint, you can see the thought bubble above Pace’s head: “Can we ever give the Mitch thing a rest?’’ Answer: No, we can’t.
It’s a reminder of how poorly he handled the first round of the 2017 draft. It appears he locked in on Trubisky and wouldn’t let go. He aced the easy part — the Bears needed a quarterback — and failed the part that involved nuance. He took the quarterback who would struggle, and the Chiefs (Mahomes) and Texans (Watson) took the ones who would become stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I feel like Mitch would, at this point, hide covid-19 and any other disease, just to play one more game as starter, in order to prove he is still an NFL-worthy QB.

Opting out of 2020 for Mitch is opting out of any shot at being an NFL starter again.

If he stays in, heck Foles could get it and Mitch gets to start.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Thanks for um not being funny.

Reactions: DC

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like Mitch would, at this point, hide covid-19 and any other disease, just to play one more game as starter, in order to prove he is still an NFL-worthy QB.

Opting out of 2020 for Mitch is opting out of any shot at being an NFL starter again.

If he stays in, heck Foles could get it and Mitch gets to start.
Mitch could get a full year of secret training sessions and come back next year on this year's dime.

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
Your reply above was a hundred times funnier than your post, I'll give you that.

Reactions: DC

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Mitch is gonna opt out of passing and run the rock like he does best. Nagy needs to realize he has an absolute stud as a qb running back

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Is this fake news? Wow what a pussy! I don't want this guy on bears anymore.. Actually I'm thinking about being an ex-fan of the bears to much stress even when they're not playing a

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this fake news? Wow what a pussy! I don't want this guy on bears anymore.. Actually I'm thinking about being an ex-fan of the bears to much stress even when they're not playing a
Mitch as a good QB is certainly #fakenews, I'll give you that.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
So you're opting out of being a fan? That's some pussy. We don't want you as bears fan. Go take a xanax sissy boy

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Mitch is teetering on greatness. He's back!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
but but but..he wasn't bitching..:umud:
Foles is gonna opt out cuz he dont want no part of Mitchell's greatness.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A perfect post for angry meatballism on CCS. jumps the gun and doesn't read shit.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So you're opting out of being a fan? That's some pussy. We don't want you as bears fan. Go take a xanax sissy boy
i hate this shit too, false flagging fans.