Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But those fat guys can still run 5 second 40 yard dashes. which means their lung capacity is really good and that is the one organ that you need strong so that Covid is just a flu. The people dying are the ones with preexisting conditions or lung disease or never diagnosed heart disease. I am pretty sure these athletes would not be in the NFL with either of those conditions.

Corey Crawford said after the first two days, it was mainly focused on making sure there was no damage to his heart or lungs.
Unless you get unlucky with a severe case. Not common for the group but it does happen to some very healthy youthful people.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Since they are being tested so often, most of these cases will get caught in the early stages where the treatment is even more effective. I will go on record that 0 NFL players will die of the coronavirus during this season.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I hope every poster than disrespects a player's personal decisions takes it up the alley.

Hey it's his right, good for him.

Unfortunately for the Bears and football players in general, their careers are already short to begin with and sitting out 1 year when the Bears playoff/championship window with this present roster is already closing fast to begin with has to be a major disappointment for Ryan Pace and the coaching staff (although none of em will admit to it when they give their soon to be PR schtick).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey it's his right, good for him.

Unfortunately for the Bears and football players in general, their careers are already short to begin with and sitting out 1 year when the Bears playoff/championship window with this present roster is already closing fast to begin with has to be a major disappointment for Ryan Pace and the coaching staff (although none of em will admit to it when they give their soon to be PR schtick).
True but I think that without getting beat up, he get's another year of top play anyway. I personally feel that at some positions, it's more about the wear and tear than the time.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
True but I think that without getting beat up, he get's another year of top play anyway. I personally feel that at some positions, it's more about the wear and tear than the time.

2021 Bears are going be in cap hell so the dismantling and complete roster rebuild is going to start to occur. The big guns Mack, Hicks and Treviathan will have aged another year with increased injuries and regression of play that naturally happens when players reach 30+ years old in the NFL playing in the trenches.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All will be in cap hell from the reduced revenue. Whole situation is fucked up. Would have been nice to have everyone on the same page, to get a handle on things early.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wonder what "Snacks" is up to?!

Free agents still out there.

Damon "Snacks" Harrison
Timmy Jernigan
Marcell Dareus
Mike Daniels
Brandon Mebane
Corey Liuget
John Jenkins--Didn't he play for us before?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
2021 Bears are going be in cap hell so the dismantling and complete roster rebuild is going to start to occur. The big guns Mack, Hicks and Treviathan will have aged another year with increased injuries and regression of play that naturally happens when players reach 30+ years old in the NFL playing in the trenches.

You're right. Mack will be 30 & Hicks 31 next year. IMO, the massive decline strikes at 32. Pace took a big gamble signing Mack, hoping Mitch would be the guy - he's not.

But he did give himself an out on Mack's contract after 2021. I gotta give Pace some credit on that too. If we don't have any shot at a 2022 SB, I'd let Mack walk.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Free agents still out there.

Damon "Snacks" Harrison
Timmy Jernigan
Marcell Dareus
Mike Daniels
Brandon Mebane
Corey Liuget
John Jenkins--Didn't he play for us before?
They did re-sign Jenkins

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I hope every player who disrespects this country by sitting out gets the virus.
I mean, he's got a health condition. I'm all for freedom of choice. If you don't want to play, don't play. But those guys shouldn't get paid.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as am convinced there will be an NFL season, I would never say anything negative about a player that opts out. Each player's situation is unique, and quite honestly none of our business.

Hell, I am expecting Matt Stafford to opt out, I think I would in his shoes. New born baby, wife that previously had brain cancer, etc etc.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly don’t know how I feel about these players opting out? I know I haven’t seen many grocery clerks or gas station attendants opting out of their minimum wage jobs!

how the he’ll do you have underlying medical conditions to be worried about and play in the nfl? Let me guess, diabetes? Hypertension? What the hell could it be?

I don’t want anyone to have to put their lives on the line for a game but I also feel that there are millions of people that would kill to have their jobs Ina pandemic and those that would love to stay home bc their loved ones are truly medically at high risk!

if these players were truly high risk They wouldn’t be in the nfl!

I’m truly at a loss! I’m pissed bc I’m greedy and in these shitty times feel that we need something to help us through the year!

Just being over 300lbs alone probably puts you at a heightened risk to the virus.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since they are being tested so often, most of these cases will get caught in the early stages where the treatment is even more effective. I will go on record that 0 NFL players will die of the coronavirus during this season.
I fully suspect you are correct but imagine the excuses if one does.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You're right. Mack will be 30 & Hicks 31 next year. IMO, the massive decline strikes at 32. Pace took a big gamble signing Mack, hoping Mitch would be the guy - he's not.

But he did give himself an out on Mack's contract after 2021. I gotta give Pace some credit on that too. If we don't have any shot at a 2022 SB, I'd let Mack walk.
Mack has $37million in dead cap left after 2021.

I think it goes to $12m after 2022.

Last edited:

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
There’s not going to be a season anyways.
Look more and more like case everyday. If there is any semblance of a season it's going to have a bigger asterisk then the strike year the Washington Football Team won the Superb Owl.