Mitchell Trubisky Press Conference

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
I really like Mitch as a dude. If he has learned to read a defense, and imoroved his accuracy, he can be great. There have always been flashes of greatness. It was always the "wtf was that?!?" that was killing us. If he eliminates those, he will be good. Really good. I know that I'm hopeful and optimistic about it. ....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So this whole thing about Nagy being a QB guru is horseshit. It sounds like he hasn’t done shit for Trubisky. If Trubisky turns it around the credit should go to the private QB coach.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I really like Mitch as a dude. If he has learned to read a defense, and imoroved his accuracy, he can be great. There have always been flashes of greatness. It was always the "wtf was that?!?" that was killing us. If he eliminates those, he will be good. Really good. I know that I'm hopeful and optimistic about it. ....

Honestly, there weren’t many flashes of greatness at all. Flashes of really goodness, maybe...other than the TB game and maybe the Cowboys game last year, I can’t think of many other games Trubs looked overly impressive. Still not completely counting him out, but I basically put the odds at 90% that he is what he is.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If his play improves as much as his thoughtful interviews he will be a stud. His interviews were painful his first couple of years. He Was straight up Nuke Laloosh.
He genuinely seems a lot more focused, calm, considered and mature. Would be awesome of it translated to his play. He was always a year behind in his development. Lets hope his 3rd year was his sophomore slump. Foles will only help him. Just Mitch recognizing guys adjusting routes to overages, which Foles mentioned in his interview, will help Mitch a lot. Mitch has the tools to kill you when things break down and last year, it was the opposite.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
So this whole thing about Nagy being a QB guru is horseshit. It sounds like he hasn’t done shit for Trubisky. If Trubisky turns it around the credit should go to the private QB coach.

Nagy’s best traits are drawing up plays on a chalkboard and managing a locker room. Good traits, but very incomplete as a HC

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps he is when he's the QB coach or has a naturally accurate QB but this hasn't seemed a good fit.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Honestly, there weren’t many flashes of greatness at all. Flashes of really goodness, maybe...other than the TB game and maybe the Cowboys game last year, I can’t think of many other games Trubs looked overly impressive. Still not completely counting him out, but I basically put the odds at 90% that he is what he is.
In 3 seasons he's had maybe 4 "flashes of greatness" games. That is luck, nothing more.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
which is completely stupid. Especially from a supposed genius like Nagy . Mechanics, especially footwork, are important. Very few guys can get away with not having good footwork and overall mechanics. And trubs is not mahomes/Rodgers
Even fewer can change it in one off-season. When the pressure is on, almost all will revert back to the old mechanics, which will be even worse because they will be out of practice. One has to get the "old mechanics" completely out of their muscle memory. Mitch's biggest issues aren't his mechanics, they are between his ears.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 3 seasons he's had maybe 4 "flashes of greatness" games. That is luck, nothing more.

I’ve said this a lot over the past 3 seasons. Trubisky does little things that really good QBs do. He needs knowledge of the game and applying it real time. The current staff hasn’t done much to help him.

He is still young. Hopefully his new personal QB coach can do what Nagy’s staff didn’t.

If it is a mechanical issue then Nagy should be held accountable. We all remember saying Nagy doesn’t like to change QB mechanics.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
[
Even fewer can change it in one off-season. When the pressure is on, almost all will revert back to the old mechanics, which will be even worse because they will be out of practice. One has to get the "old mechanics" completely out of their muscle memory. Mitch's biggest issues aren't his mechanics, they are between his ears.

Which is why they need to be drilled day in and day out, which Nagy didn’t feel was important. So we trotted our a guy who’s feet weren’t in line with the play, and also who struggled to read defenses. Brilliant.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[

Which is why they need to be drilled day in and day out, which Nagy didn’t feel was important. So we trotted our a guy who’s feet weren’t in line with the play, and also who struggled to read defenses. Brilliant.

Actually, on the matter of mechanics, I tend to agree with Nagy tbh. At best mechanics should merely be refined, little by little, not a complete overhaul. As for how much time was spent with MT on reading defenses is anyone's guess. My statement on what he has between the ears was meant more along the lines of a QB's ability to suck for 3/4 of the game, shake it off, and come out firing. That head down picture of him coming off the sidelines was very telling in that regard. Much better to come off the field cussing, spitting fire, slam your helmet to the ground, etc etc.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Actually, on the matter of mechanics, I tend to agree with Nagy tbh. At best mechanics should merely be refined, little by little, not a complete overhaul. As for how much time was spent with MT on reading defenses is anyone's guess. My statement on what he has between the ears was meant more along the lines of a QB's ability to suck for 3/4 of the game, shake it off, and come out firing. That head down picture of him coming off the sidelines was very telling in that regard. Much better to come off the field cussing, spitting fire, slam your helmet to the ground, etc etc.

Here’s my thinking on it: The best QBs all possess either great footwork and mechanics and/or an elite arm. You also factor intelligence in there as well.
Trubisky does not have an elite arm, nor is he good at reading defenses. So he possesses none of the 3 traits that all great QBs do. Drilling mechanics and footwork seems to be the easiest to fix to at least give him a decent shot to be a starting QB. At the very least, all indications were they were neglected. They could have been improved little by little like you said if Nagy made it a point of emphasis when he was hired. But the past two years, not only did they not try to improve them little by little, they basically said no biggie, be you. It’s a cute motto, unfortunately it’s not the best approach towards improving.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
If he has learned to read a defense, and improved his accuracy, he can be great.

lol, you can say this for any QB....

As the history of Bear QB's have proven, it's completely different going from practice in shorts to live action when 300 pound linemen are up in your face as it's up to you to find a throwing lane while the secondary downfield are disguising coverages to take away your tendencies and strengths.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Any talk of a brain transplant this offseason?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the dynamic that's developing in the QB room.

Listening to Foles talk, he's going to be a positive influence whether he starts or backs up. He has the veteran credibility and a SB win to put pressure on Mitch. He also has a track record of working with young QBs and sharing his experience. I can see why the Bears brought him in.

My favorite line from his presser was when he talked about his career crazy and how this was going to be another crazy year to add to that. He has the right mindset for sure.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there aint gonna be no room up here on mitches mvp wagon for all you haters by week 5

Just gonna be me n mitch chilling all the way too the big dance

You might want to braid that hair growing from your palms .

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
This clown has always been a big talker.

Talking won't give him: a) a brain to process information quickly, or b) great vision to see the field.

I used to believe in this guy. No more. His garbage play on the field has clearly shown me that he does NOT have what it takes.... NO MATTER HOW MUCH HE OPENS HIS PIE HOLE AND TALKS!

Last edited:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
You might want to braid that hair growing from your palms .
No hairy palms lost my palms in a weedwacker accident as a child thanks for bringing it up

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He genuinely seems a lot more focused, calm, considered and mature. Would be awesome of it translated to his play. He was always a year behind in his development. Lets hope his 3rd year was his sophomore slump. Foles will only help him. Just Mitch recognizing guys adjusting routes to overages, which Foles mentioned in his interview, will help Mitch a lot. Mitch has the tools to kill you when things break down and last year, it was the opposite.
He was always going to take longer than Watson to reach his best level based on his inexperience, throw in what I would consider some of the worst offensive coaching and playcalling from both his HC's, and I still have hope for him. Great players overcome the weaknesses around them, Mitch has to overcome them as he tries to learn to be great, but at some point he needs to just have the "Go tell Martz to fuck himself" moment and do his thing. I hope that is this year and I hope his thing is enough.