Illini BB

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That punter from ASU signed with an agent, went undrafted, and then went back to college with eligibility to play again. How does this happen?

(Not that I'm against it)

I didn't know this happened. Or could happen.

But if Illini try to regain their eligibility, the NCAA will sit on the requests for 11 months as they did with transfer waiver requests (which they ultimately denied.)

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I saw that mock you posted and was surprised Ayo wasn't listed. But I fear he still won't come back.

If a player is going to be drafted in a spot where it makes sense for him to go, then by all means he should go, and fans support that.

I just don't want to see a repeat of what happened with a couple Illini football players who left early and didn't get drafted. That's a lose-lose.

If Ayo leaves early and ends up hoping for a tryout as a FA, everybody loses. Another year at Illinois, with a legit chance of a good NBA draft slot in the future is better for him the long run than heading for Greece.

I won't feel bad for him. Not everyone is meant to go to the NBA after 2 years. If he insists on going even when people are telling him not to, then that's 100% on him. I will certainly wish him luck though.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That punter from ASU signed with an agent, went undrafted, and then went back to college with eligibility to play again. How does this happen?

(Not that I'm against it)

Covid-19 related. I'm guessing there will now be NCAA basketball players who go through the draft with an agent and come back to their college programs with this decision. These guys have no way of improving their draft stock without combines, etc. NCAA showed some mercy, which I know you understand from the "(not that I am against it)" comment.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Posted especially for @bamainatlanta ... No percentages. But definitely info that the Ayo and his family must weigh and measure.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I see the NCAA has declared another player at a cash cow school immediately eligible, again offering no explanation or justification.

DJ Carton will be immediately eligible at Michigan after transferring from Ohio State. Unlike the two transfers into Illinois last year, who were forced to sit.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
New commit today, late bloomer 2020 7' guy, Brandon Lieb from Deerfield. Really skinny skilled big guy, a bit of a project.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
New commit today, late bloomer 2020 7' guy, Brandon Lieb from Deerfield. Really skinny skilled big guy, a bit of a project.

The next Nick Smith?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
College Basketball will happen. It may just not happen in 2020. Theoretically nothing stops all college sports being played starting in February 2021. This isn't high school.

dhanushx012

Liked Posts:
Hard to get a handle on this team. Coaching aside, JCL is starting to drive to the hole when his 3 pt is off and Leron looks like he's become a legit Big Ten 4 and a beast get-mxplayer.in pc

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aye...Ayo is back. Wow. If Kofi comes back as well, this Illini team could be dangerous. Dare I say a top 10 team. I hope Garza comes back for Iowa as well just to continue the rivalry.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Aye...Ayo is back. Wow. If Kofi comes back as well, this Illini team could be dangerous. Dare I say a top 10 team. I hope Garza comes back for Iowa as well just to continue the rivalry.

It only matters if there is a season though. Can't see them sticking around for the 2021-22 season.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This would be so Illinois... have a top 10 preseason team and not have a season.