Opt Out News and Rumors

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another informative thread ruined by the usual people. Take your Nick's dick discussion to a private convo or something, you can share pics there too.
Stop being so nitpicky about big nicky's dickie.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Another informative thread ruined by the usual people. Take your Nick's dick discussion to a private convo or something, you can share pics there too.

I totally agree. The thread derailing, in-fighting and alt accounts have gotten out of hand and have spiraled downward. Its now officially as bad as the old board and probably worse.

I would try to make a plea to general sensibilities but I have realized that trolls don't have general sensibilities. They see this board as their personal playground and could care less that most people here just want to talk football.

Try not to be angry at them, just be sad. They don't have friends to talk with. So while we just come here for football.. they come here for way more of their social life than they should.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears S Jordan Lucas opts out

probably wasn’t making the team. Now he at least gets $ this year

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bears S Jordan Lucas opts out

probably wasn’t making the team. Now he at least gets $ this year

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure the fact that it's taken this long to get it done has made them shorten the original 7 days from deal completion.

I think it ends up being Friday, but hope they do finalize all this tonight. The next big wave of players to opt-out probably hinges on a lot of that language.

No point getting too far into camp with someone that is going to just walk away.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it ends up being Friday, but hope they do finalize all this tonight. The next big wave of players to opt-out probably hinges on a lot of that language.

No point getting too far into camp with someone that is going to just walk away.
Yup.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious question: in the history of the NFL has there ever been a successful player named Dino?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

It really looks like the NFL is going to regret not going the bubble route. MLB is having a lot of issues, and from what I understand, the NBA hasn't had an issue. Does anyone have any knowledge of NBA players getting covid after they restarted the season?

It's probably too late for the NFL, but they should have at least considered a short season with expanded playoffs - that woulda been cool. Seriously, the Word Cup style tourney is only 64 total games with the two finalists playing 7 total games. Like half a season would have been fine.

"The number of positive tests in the St. Louis Cardinals' COVID-19 outbreak grew to 13 on Monday, Major League Baseball announced. Seven positive tests were from players and six were from staff members. "

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It really looks like the NFL is going to regret not going the bubble route. MLB is having a lot of issues,

I said from the start that the MLB was going to be a blueprint for the NFL season. By that measure, the NFL is doomed. The bubble is working pretty well for the NBA & NHL, but they went straight to playoff mode. The NFL would have to pull off a six month bubble which would have been a monumental task with huge rosters & staff, but sending these guys all over the country is going be the season's undoing.

All that said, the NFL does have a tremendous advantage of playing a lot less games...even in a full season and rigorous contact tracing during the next five weeks can put the NFL in a better starting point than MLB ever really tried to have.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Something about Foles with that nickname just doesn't jive for R&S.
Meh. Some people just get uncomfortable about certain things.

I'm not thinking too much into it.

IMHO Nick Foles has massive stones based on they way he played in the 2017 Superbowl. His defense did little to slow down the Pats and he had to make plays. Not only did he perform on the field he was the one that called for the Philly Special on 4th down, which is by far the franchises most iconic play:

psv.gif

So many other players get smaller in that large of a moment. He rose to the occasion and dominated. That's completely worthy of the nick name onto itself.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I said from the start that the MLB was going to be a blueprint for the NFL season. By that measure, the NFL is doomed. The bubble is working pretty well for the NBA & NHL, but they went straight to playoff mode. The NFL would have to pull off a six month bubble which would have been a monumental task with huge rosters & staff, but sending these guys all over the country is going be the season's undoing.

All that said, the NFL does have a tremendous advantage of playing a lot less games...even in a full season and rigorous contact tracing during the next five weeks can put the NFL in a better starting point than MLB ever really tried to have.
The week between games is a huge advantage.