1. Syracuse Orange
Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I see some things in this guys highlight reel that resemble Russell Wilson, but he doesn't run the ball very much to balance his game. Kyler Murray and Wilson get alot done with their legs down the field. He will need to add to that part of his game or he will get eaten up.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see some things in this guys highlight reel that resemble Russell Wilson, but he doesn't run the ball very much to balance his game. Kyler Murray and Wilson get alot done with their legs down the field. He will need to add to that part of his game or he will get eaten up.

I'm not saying he has the same game as Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson. I'm simply saying that shorter QBs can survive in the modern NFL. It is not a disqualifier. I'm more impressed by his mid to long range touch.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I do not care how we get any player, of he is on the team and steps up our game, then I simply don't care if he is a first rounder or UDFA.

I hope he'll be a Fine addition to the team

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he has the same game as Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson. I'm simply saying that shorter QBs can survive in the modern NFL. It is not a disqualifier. I'm more impressed by his mid to long range touch.

Well the only two examples of them surviving have to do with being mobile down the field. This guy has a few good highlights of being elusive in the pocket, but not much of anything running the ball down the field. If he survives in the NFL as he is, he will be the only one of his kind to do it.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I do like his tape though. He has some game to him. I'm just hoping he is able to add a running element to his game or I don't think his chances are very good to be successful.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do like his tape though. He has some game to him. I'm just hoping he is able to add a running element to his game or I don't think his chances are very good to be successful.

I'm not going to go thru all his game tape, but his fastest 40 time is exactly the same as Trubisky's in the combine (4.67). I would imagine if it's necessary he could add it to his game.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
he's balls deep in deep balls
His deep balls look great on tape, maybe replace Bray as I think bray hit his ceiling long ago and Mason Fine hasn't. Tua Tagovailoa is 6 feet tall and went early first round so shorties are a thing these days, There are several short guys strarting now, you don't need to be a giant

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
holy shit...does Pace comes here to read? I wouldn't doubt it, I bet that the Bears got media lurkers here. I mention on CCS somewhere, Pace should just add a bunch of QBs to the roster and have them all battle it out like the kicker competition they had. Plus this could just be an extra practice squad stash. Carry 4 qbs or something.

same height as Russell Wilson.
You need another arm in camp but once your there, you try to get noticed and make the best of it.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Mason Fine, QB, North Texas
Height: 5-9. Weight: 190.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60. Projected Round (2020): 6-FA.

4/21/20: Sources say Fine could have a shot at being a Case Keenum-type quarterback. Fine completed 62 percent of his passes in 2019 for 3,088 yards with 29 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He had a solid week at the East-West Shrine and illustrated that he could compete despite his lack of height.

8/15/19: Fine completed 65 percent of his passes in 2018 for 3,793 yards with 27 touchdowns and five interceptions. In 2017, he completed 63 percent of his passes for 4,052 yards with 31 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. Fine made NFL teams' preseason watch lists.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
A lot of people compare him to Drew Brees, I think Chase Daniel would be a much better comparison for what he can actually bring to the table. Still wouldn’t mind having a legitimate developmental qb on the roster though. Especially this year with the extended practice e squads.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
5'11"? I'm hearing 5'9" and 5'10"

Haters, dabears! Haters!!!!

Looking at his wiki page, it reads 5'11"... but his little brother edits the page every hour, so...

5'9" is a lot different than 5'11"... in QB terms. The MeanGreen college page and NFL.com has 5'11" as well.

Last edited:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does his college highlight reel look much different than the 6’6” statue that is Tyler Bray?

I agree with others. Just another camp arm.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Hey, I'd like to give him a shot. The kid knows how to win, thats a plus right there. And at this point, why not? I'd say his his chances of at least making the PS is 50/50. Id love to see a UDFA end up as our franchise starter. The height thing is not a real concern.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Does his college highlight reel look much different than the 6’6” statue that is Tyler Bray?

I agree with others. Just another camp arm.

Oh how easily we are seduced by highlight reels. I never saw *that* athletic ability in Tyler Bray in any of his preseason games! But yeah, how about we develop someone raw while we have DeFilipo, as we won't have him long.