Nagy: I cannot stump Kmet regarding the playbook.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I say this as a former OLmen.

Having a TE that can legitimately block is a huge asset to the run game and the OL in general. It allows you to do so much more when you do not need to hide the TE on the backside.

The Bears have been horrible in terms of blocking at TE. Sims was bad. Shaheen was worse. Burton graded out well, but he was asked to execute WR blocks.

Kmet has the physical tools and has flashed in college to be a good blocker.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I heard he is the next kellen Davis
That is always a possibility. Davis was a freak just couldn't do all the little things to be a productive TE. Kmet, don't shoot me here, looked like Mike Ditka when Kmet was at Notre Dame. Once he caught the ball he was very hard to bring down. Ditka was like that in his NFL career, when the tacklers got close Ditka put his head down and just kept ramming defenders until he was brought down, or scored. I saw some plays by Kmet, that looked similar to Ditka's style. That is how a tight end should play. Looking at his college tape and his combine numbers, Kmet's big problem is he is not nimble, not a small space guy, no small space quickness. If the Bears expect small space quickness out of him, he will fail in the NFL. But, I would think there are plenty of opportunities to exploit his size and speed.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That is always a possibility. Davis was a freak just couldn't do all the little things to be a productive TE. Kmet, don't shoot me here, looked like Mike Ditka when Kmet was at Notre Dame. Once he caught the ball he was very hard to bring down. Ditka was like that in his NFL career, when the tacklers got close Ditka put his head down and just kept ramming defenders until he was brought down, or scored. I saw some plays by Kmet, that looked similar to Ditka's style. That is how a tight end should play. Looking at his college tape and his combine numbers, Kmet's big problem is he is not nimble, not a small space guy, no small space quickness. If the Bears expect small space quickness out of him, he will fail in the NFL. But, I would think there are plenty of opportunities to exploit his size and speed.
I saw a few plays like that. Kmet can run like a truck and force LBs to finish the tackle. You can't half ass it against a guy that wants to hit you harder than you hit him.

Compare that to Shaheen, who ran like a newborn giraffe and fell after contact every f'n time

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nagy: I cannot stump Kmet regarding the playbook

Me: Are you using it all to the level he needs to be ready for NFL Defenses?

If I cannot stump my child regarding Sesame Street letters and numbers, it does not mean she is ready for college.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This the same guy that said Mitch was ready for 2.0 of the offense?

Well, yes and no.

This is 2020 nagy, that was 2019 nagy.

Really tho, as long as Kmet can block thats all I care about RN. This team desperately needs edge help for our soft ass tackles. Any athlete can run down the seam. I'm sure kmet will be fine situationally in the passing game doing just that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@msadows Tru dat. He's a rah rah coach, nothing more. Goes overboard with everything he does....praise towards his players, going overboard with his pandemic draft room which was just laughable,

View attachment 6481
This room is pathetic. Hanging every playsheet on the wall like atrophy is just sad. It would be questionable to hang it as a fan if he tossed it to you after the game, but, as a coach,to plaster that horrible NYG gamplan, or the asswhooped KC "BeYou" sheet is comical.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, a reporter asked him about I-formation and he shit his pants and ran out of the interview

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
@msadows Tru dat. He's a rah rah coach, nothing more. Goes overboard with everything he does....praise towards his players, going overboard with his pandemic draft room which was just laughable,

View attachment 6481

Hawk Harrelson used to say, if you're a closer don't get beat w/ your 2nd best pitch...don't try to get cute. One thing I've learned over the years coaching yute football.....it's pretty common when you try to get cute you get bit. Nagy loves trying to run these Gary Crowton "here's a play you've never seen before" things.....I'd love to see statistics on how often these things work. For some reason when the Patriots try to run them they usually work, but the Bears seem to have issues running them

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, yes and no.

This is 2020 nagy, that was 2019 nagy.

Really tho, as long as Kmet can block thats all I care about RN. This team desperately needs edge help for our soft ass tackles. Any athlete can run down the seam. I'm sure kmet will be fine situationally in the passing game doing just that.

Great let him prove it on the field. Until then Nagy should just STFU with the rose colored glass proclamations.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawk Harrelson used to say, if you're a closer don't get beat w/ your 2nd best pitch...don't try to get cute. One thing I've learned over the years coaching yute football.....it's pretty common when you try to get cute you get bit. Nagy loves trying to run these Gary Crowton "here's a play you've never seen before" things.....I'd love to see statistics on how often these things work. For some reason when the Patriots try to run them they usually work, but the Bears seem to have issues running them
That's because when NE does it, they have directions on how to run something different. We can run it the same twice in a row.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Great. Now a rookie is out smarting the head coach!!!!!

Reactions: DC

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If Kmet can run without looking like his shoes are tied together it is already an improvement.