Rate the last movie you watched

Granada

Liked Posts:
The Chocolate War

I forgot how awesome this movie was because I saw it only once before and that was when I was young. I had forgotten the title, yet it always stayed with me; and I just re-stumbled upon it now.

Anyways, this movie flew under the radar, but it's solid. If you like 80's movies -- and dark films -- you should like this. Great casting and great soundtrack, especially for the time.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just watched The Old Guard with Charlize Theron on Netflix. It was pretty good. Would recommend. Kinda ends on a cliffhanger. I hope there's a part 2

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t usually catch too many movies, but I was able to watch dozens of them during the lockdown.

Uncut Gems - 9 out of 10

Loved it, one of the most stress inducing films you’ll ever see. Saw it because I was a a big fan of. “GoodTime”, and it did not disappoint.

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brawl in cell block 99 - 10 out of 10

This film was amazing. The violence in this movie is just so over the top, and I loved every minute of it. Vince Vaughn was surprisingly great.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Trial (1962)

I stumbled across this in an odd way...a band I like sampled some dialogue from the movie...I looked into it a little and found the DVD online cheap.

One of Orson Welles later films, based on the 1925 Kafka novel. Starring Anthony Perkins, with a supporting cast of European actors. Interior shots almost entirely in the abandoned Gare D'Orsay train station in Paris.

If you were trying to get someone to appreciate black and white films, this would be a good starting point, I only wish the quality of the print was better. Outstanding use of light and shadow...low camera angles and massive sets with thousands of extras in some cases make it feel uncomfortable and a sense of one man overwhelmed by the system. Perkins is great, he never finds out exactly what he's being accused of, but to me he portrays a sense that while he may be getting framed, he has something else to hide.

It was said this is somewhat autobiographical, Welles lamenting how he was treated in Hollywood post Kane.

I was unfamiliar with his work outside of Citizen Kane, but I want to see more now.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
CompassionateGoodEmperorshrimp-max-1mb.gif

Bumfights..old downloads on the hard drive.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watched Terminator dark fate- 4 out of 10. So glad I waited until it was free.

I wont go in to the abysmal story, but they made an even muddier mess of the timeline than they had before.
The inevitable ultimate outcome of man vs machine was neat though- no matter what happens, apparently machines will rise.

All the acting performances except for arnold were hideous. It reeked of B movie status.
Arnie was solid, but his role was goofy as hell.

Most damning though was the hit or miss cgi.
It seems like they spent a ton of money on certain things, realized their budget was eaten up, and finished the remaining effects on a shoestring budget.
Some scenes are great, and in others the motion is awful and the effects could have been done better on an iPhone.

The conventional effects were good, the car chase outstanding, but then the cgi air battle was just garbage.

The effects, acting and editing were just too disjointed to enjoy.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“The Killing of a Sacred Deer” 8 out of 10.

One of the most bizarre films I’ve ever seen, and I very much enjoyed it. It’s. a very, very, very dark comedy aboot a successful heart surgeon with a wife and two children who has a mysterious relationship with a 16 year old boy. The boy begins intruding in his life until the relationship is finally revealed, and then things just go absolutely bonkers. I wouldn’t watch the trailer, it reveals too much.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The outpost with orlando bloom and clint eastwoods kid i forget his name 10/10
Great flick

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Chocolate War

I forgot how awesome this movie was because I saw it only once before and that was when I was young. I had forgotten the title, yet it always stayed with me; and I just re-stumbled upon it now.

Anyways, this movie flew under the radar, but it's solid. If you like 80's movies -- and dark films -- you should like this. Great casting and great soundtrack, especially for the time.
I have a friend who is a big cinephile, and he raves about this movie...came up one time when we were discussing people who have been in like one movie, never to be seen again, like the "other kid" from Weird Science...my buddy immediately told me about this, and let me borrow the DVD. It was good, but I did not connect with it as well as you and he did.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I have a friend who is a big cinephile, and he raves about this movie...came up one time when we were discussing people who have been in like one movie, never to be seen again, like the "other kid" from Weird Science...my buddy immediately told me about this, and let me borrow the DVD. It was good, but I did not connect with it as well as you and he did.

"Other kid" -- that's how I think of him too, lol. Interesting story: his future wife randomly told him (on their first date I want to say) that The Chocolate War was her favorite movie, yet she didn't even realize that he was the star of the movie -- so when he broke the news to her, her mind was blown. Think they met a long while after the movie came out and he'd been out of acting for a while already -- still, pretty hilarious.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
The Juon series on netflix is pretty good. I'm 3 episodes in. It serves as prequel to the movie I think

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'm going to see New Mutants next weekend. It feels good to finally be able to see something new!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC

2/10

Caught a bootleg stream of it because what else am I doing these days? Not that the first two were cinematic achievements, but dear lord was this movie awful. The only really funny part is how Keanu Reeves just cannot pull off the whimsical cluelessness of the Ted character anymore. He is stuck with that John Wick stink face now.

fd62146e6119ad47e45f399f0c759face7-08-bill-and-ted.rsquare.w1200.jpg

bill-and-ted-face-music.jpg

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Diggstown was on the other day forgot what channel. Movie is a 10/10 I watch it every time it’s on

Granada

Liked Posts:
BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC

2/10

Caught a bootleg stream of it because what else am I doing these days? Not that the first two were cinematic achievements, but dear lord was this movie awful. The only really funny part is how Keanu Reeves just cannot pull off the whimsical cluelessness of the Ted character anymore. He is stuck with that John Wick stink face now.

fd62146e6119ad47e45f399f0c759face7-08-bill-and-ted.rsquare.w1200.jpg

bill-and-ted-face-music.jpg

Disappointing to hear but not surprising. These sequels never turn out well (see Dumb and Dumber). They really need to stop making sequels 20-30 years later. Honestly, the only one I've ever seen that kind of works is Trainspotting 2, yet even that is far inferior than the original.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Disappointing to hear but not surprising. These sequels never turn out well (see Dumb and Dumber). They really need to stop making sequels 20-30 years later. Honestly, the only one I've ever seen that kind of works is Trainspotting 2, yet even that is far inferior than the original.

I figured it would flop also. They were trying to ride the Keanu popularity in making a quick buck. Hollywood has been a disappointment lately with original quality movies. Shows are where it’s at right now IMO

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disappointing to hear but not surprising. These sequels never turn out well (see Dumb and Dumber). They really need to stop making sequels 20-30 years later.

Seeing Bill & Ted as middle-aged losers just did not resonate with me as much as the movie hoped it would. There is this whole secondary story with the daughters of Bill & Ted that almost saves the flick. It probably would have been a better movie if the daughters were the primary story vehicle while Bill & Ted played secondary roles. It would have played as a "passing the torch" story that sounds more enjoyable.

All that said, Keanu Reeves kills this movie. Alex Winter had no problem becoming "Bill" again, but Keanu looks like he is literally being held at gunpoint to do this movie while he just reads lines off of a teleprompter. Zero charisma or chemistry with Winter.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Seeing Bill & Ted as middle-aged losers just did not resonate with me as much as the movie hoped it would. There is this whole secondary story with the daughters of Bill & Ted that almost saves the flick. It probably would have been a better movie if the daughters were the primary story vehicle while Bill & Ted played secondary roles. It would have played as a "passing the torch" story that sounds more enjoyable.

All that said, Keanu Reeves kills this movie. Alex Winter had no problem becoming "Bill" again, but Keanu looks like he is literally being held at gunpoint to do this movie while he just reads lines off of a teleprompter. Zero charisma or chemistry with Winter.

I read that initially the writers wrote sons instead of daughters, but the sons ended up being too similar to the original Bill and Ted -- and thus not funny -- so they changed them to daughters.