flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Jimmy Graham broke up that tranquility on Tuesday. A lot. As he bullied defensive backs in one-on-one drills and caught a handful of touchdowns in seven-on-seven and 11-on-11 periods, it was easy to forget he’s a 33-year-old coming off one of the least productive seasons of his career.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I like it. Some of the video footage I saw on Monday look a little flat. God bless the vet that comes into camp on Tuesday and stirs up some shit and gets the guys psyched up.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
TE were balling, thier some big dudes

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
IMHO Jimmy Graham is extremely underrated for this season for the following reasons:

1 - The last two seasons in GB have not been good, but historically Aaron Rodgers really doesn't use the TE position well.
2 - If you look at similar offenses under Andy Reid (Kelce) or Doug Pederson (Ertz) the TE has a prominent role.
3 - In Trey Burton's only real season as a starter he posted 54 catches, 569 yards and 6 TDs. I'd say that's the floor for Graham's production.
4 - You don't give a 2 year, $16MM, $9MM guaranteed contract without planning on using the player.

For fantasy purposes I'm thinking 65+ catches, 750+ yards and 7+ TDs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best thing I saw there was the high release point/longer arm motion on Mitch's deep and lob balls. They were turning over and dropping in. He also looked to be firing and not waiting for plays to overdevelop. A clip, so the second part may be wishful thinking but if he can carry that practice calm throw arc to games, it will definitely help him and the team.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Best thing I saw there was the high release point/longer arm motion on Mitch's deep and lob balls. They were turning over and dropping in. He also looked to be firing and not waiting for plays to overdevelop. A clip, so the second part may be wishful thinking but if he can carry that practice calm throw arc to games, it will definitely help him and the team.

Did you really see that from this video or are you seeing what you want to see?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jimmy Graham broke up that tranquility on Tuesday. A lot. As he bullied defensive backs in one-on-one drills and caught a handful of touchdowns in seven-on-seven and 11-on-11 periods, it was easy to forget he’s a 33-year-old coming off one of the least productive seasons of his career.

Have you met bears26 yet?

HE GOT THIS. Thanks anyway.

Just kiddin.....kinda

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good tight-ends raise your entire QB room's talent. I admit I was one that was pretty disappointed with the Jimmy Graham signing, thinking he was past-his-prime, slow, over-the-hill, etc. But I'm hella excited to be one proven-wrong MF.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If Graham and Kmet could just be an average TE room... that’s a big deal for the offense. If Mitch or Nick (I don’t wanna offend any posters lol) can just make the proper reads and make the smart play this offense could resemble a functioning NFL offense. Getting a run game going would be huge too.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Graham and Kmet could just be an average TE room... that’s a big deal for the offense. If Mitch or Nick (I don’t wanna offend any posters lol) can just make the proper reads and make the smart play this offense could resemble a functioning NFL offense. Getting a run game going would be huge too.

Thing is....he was even above average in greenbay. Last two years combined he was top 10 in yardage and touchdowns.

CCS loves to overreact to everything. Graham won't be special this season but he will get the job done.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed with all of the above. Average at the TE position is like going from choice sirloin to prime ribeye.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Thing is....he was even above average in greenbay. Last two years combined he was top 10 in yardage and touchdowns.

CCS loves to overreact to everything. Graham won't be special this season but he will get the job done.

Agreed.

I remember reading a study on MLB players and how 32 years old is the average age where guys drop off considerably. It's worthwhile to note that reaction time has a lot to do with an MLB player's performance, and there's not much you can do about your reaction time declining...it's difficult to train around the fact you're getting older.

For some time, Graham was an exceptional athlete, so it's not to crazy to think he's still got something left for a year or two...that he's merely gone from being great to average and will be competent for the Bears.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Odds are Demetrius Harris leads the TE room in snaps. How many routes he runs is another question

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Yes and no. I agree with him being decent in Green Bay but it’s very much a mixed bag. Your top 10 in yardage in TDs over the last 2 years is true but he’s also coming off the least productive season of his career. How much of that can be attributed to Rodgers catching a cold every time he throws to a TE remains to be seen. Pair that with making him the 3rd highest paid TE in the league and there’s room for some skepticism. Especially with Pace’s TE track record. Saying all that, he doesn’t need to be Travis Kelce, George Kittle, or Gronk to satisfy me. Just be average, reliable in the passing game, and teach Kmet a thing or two about being a pro and I’ll find a way to live with his shitty contract lol.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If a guy of his size weren't bullying DBs I'd be concerned.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good tight-ends raise your entire QB room's talent. I admit I was one that was pretty disappointed with the Jimmy Graham signing, thinking he was past-his-prime, slow, over-the-hill, etc. But I'm hella excited to be one proven-wrong MF.
Yea those clips of Graham against the DBs is definitely encouraging especially when factoring in #85s catches too....also, 82s ( Eric Saubert) lookin good.
F*** the TE room could be a Real Positive this year for the QBs

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lul