2020 NBA Draft Thread

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Who did AK draft while in Denver? may give us an idea of what he likes.

Toppin sounds like a Pax pick.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Well i'm glad that we aren't picking 7th again. However those in the know about this class say its bad, so picking 4th may be like picking 7th in a more usual/talented class. LOL @ the Knicks though.

Sleepers in every draft.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think it will be Deni, question is does he move up to three to get him. Huchinson and Valentine is really all we have at the 3, with OPJ either opting in or leaving, a 3.5.

Deni is a draft and play guy, right, no gotta wait years and buy out a contract deal like Toni or Mirotic, right?

I think the biggest name he drafted in denver was Jokic, 6 out of his 11 picks he made (other than the ones he traded) were outside the country, no US college. That was the year we traded them to get the Pax's wet dream of mcdermott.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. 4. Not bad... I'll take it.
To another idiot, Michael Porter Jr is not Otto Porter Jr.

Of course we won 4th in a draft with 3 guys everybody wants on their team.

Toppin, Wiseman, Edwards.

Everybody would want them regardless of fit. After that this is a total crap shoot, if we get really really lucky somebody will take Ball ahead of us, but I doubt it.

Leaving us with that choice, of another great passing Ball with poor mechanics and bad %perimeter shot, or to venture further into the lack of depth in this draft and take a guy that fits our team better than a ball hogging guard (pun intended).

I might look for Bey, another volume scorer, or trade back with somebody interested in Ball if it goes 1,2,3 like I've predicted. Or you could try to trade up but I don't know why anybody else would trade out of those 3 either unless the timberwolves are confused.

Toppin could fall to us if anybody falls in love with a surprise, and form a decent depth trio with Lauri and Wendel. I guess that is my hope here, but I really doubt anybody bites on Ball.

They should try to find a SF in free agency, go after Josh Jackson or Brandon Ingram if given a chance, or Derrick Jones Jr.

If we take the Deni kid from Israel who dominates that league with athleticsim, strength, length and skill...just know only one of those things translate to this level. He looks good enough to survive, I hope his perimeter shot can improve because thats probably going to be the pick. I suppose Deni and Ball are the two hopes to go before 4, particularly Deni to the Warriors if the Timberwolves take Wiseman.

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
they didn’t hit the lotto though. Luka was picked 3rd

Not Lottery #1 overall pick. Just getting lucky like winning the lottery with a 2 dollar ticket. Like winning the genetics lottery where one baby becomes Michael Jordan while his older brother stopped growing at 5'9, lol

Like Giannis was a number 15 overall pick. Damian Lillard 6th overall etc etc All those teams hit the genetics lottery where the players they chose were destined to become great.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Who did AK draft while in Denver? may give us an idea of what he likes.

Toppin sounds like a Pax pick.
Since being with the Nuggets:

2013127Rudy Gobert
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
Cholet Basket (France)
2014111Doug McDermott
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
Creighton
2014241Nikola Jokić
23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
Serbia
KK Mega Basket (Serbia)
2014256Roy Devyn Marble
United States
Iowa
201517Emmanuel Mudiay
20px-Flag_of_the_Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg.png
DR Congo
United States
Guangdong Southern Tigers (China)
2015257Nikola Radičević
23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
Serbia
Baloncesto Sevilla (Spain)
201617Jamal Murray
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
Kentucky
2016115Juan Hernangómez
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
CB Estudiantes (Spain)
2016119Malik Beasley
United States
Florida State
2016253Petr Cornelie
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
Le Mans Sarthe Basket (France)
2016256Daniel Hamilton
United States
Connecticut
2017111Donovan Mitchell
United States
Louisville
2017249Vlatko Čančar
23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png
Slovenia
KK Mega Basket (Serbia)
2017251Monté Morris
United States
Iowa State
2018114Michael Porter Jr.
United States
Missouri
2018243Justin Jackson
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
Maryland
2018258Thomas Welsh
United States
UCLA

* Note: He was the assistant GM for the first few drafts.

Last edited:

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Not a #7 pick.. THE CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN BOYS!!! NBA finals here we come.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, but you did see what Boylen did with OPJ, right. The man made his career and the career contract being 3's and D. Boylen forced him to drive and shoot. Spot up shooter vs drive and shoot shooter. Same thing with Laurie. I dont know how bad Porter was injured, but I tend to think he stayed hurt to stay out of the shit show. Quads do not usually take 50 games to heal.
His first 9 and a half before the injury he scored about 100 points and got about 30 boards.,
the 5 he returned for he scored 66, with one game of 23 pts, 18 and 15, 17 boards ending up 5-9 in the 14 he participated in.

You got point guards driving and dishing, Porter has a role. You decide that Porter is going to be a point forward, you are using him wrong. With mostly spotting up after he got here the year before, he had a game of 37 and 31 which probably brought his average up to 15-16 range, with 2 9 rebound games and 2 10 rebound games, bulls 7-10 before he got hurt.

The sad part that remains is the bulls are only going to get high quality players with this type of deal until these NBA players see how things are being run here.

@anotheridiot , it means that somewhere in your incoherent rambling communication above everyone got lost, because you were responding to a comment about Michael Porter Jr.

I mean, I'm excited for the 4th pick.

Toppin, Wiseman, Edwards, Deni

We should get some instant help in an area of need. Third back-court, third front court, or Deni at SF. Opens up a trade for future pick too. Whether that is Wendall, Lavine, or OPJ we should get at least something back.

White-Lavine-Deni-Markenen-WCJ
White-Edwards-OPJ-Markenen-WCJ
White-Lavine-OPJ-Markenen-Wiseman
White-Lavine-OPJ-Toppin-Markenen or is it White-Lavine-Toppin-Markenen-WCJ? (I like the latter)

Deni is the simpler option, plug and play, but I think we luck out if we get Toppin.

I don't like the low trajectory of Deni's hook shot. He is going to have to elevate that and shoot 3's in NBA.
His 3 point shot looks great though, the back spin is minimal but its there and can be improved. Its ideal and really good for his age and height.

But we could trade Lavine and tank again with the youth if we want.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
@anotheridiot , it means that somewhere in your incoherent rambling communication above everyone got lost, because you were responding to a comment about Michael Porter Jr.

Have not even seen Michael Porter Jr mentioned here, nor did I quote anyone in this thread.
I think you need to change your IV, your proof must be down.

Challenge yourself, try to be smarter than someone who is not an idiot. It gets old being followed around just to say I must have though differently than I typed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have not even seen Michael Porter Jr mentioned here, nor did I quote anyone in this thread.
I think you need to change your IV, your proof must be down.

Challenge yourself, try to be smarter than someone who is not an idiot. It gets old being followed around just to say I must have though differently than I typed.

The ninth post of this thread on page 1 disagrees with both of your assertions.

Keep doing you!!! Its always impressive.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The ninth post of this thread on page 1 disagrees with both of your assertions.

Keep doing you!!! Its always impressive.

Still is not making a connection, No mention of MPJ, it was OPJ. The 9th post was putting the stats that Otto had when he got here mid season and how his game was changed to be another drive and shoot guy his first season here.
I am sure you have already convinced yourself you are right, we are just trying to catch up.
p.s. maybe use smaller words?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Still is not making a connection, No mention of MPJ, it was OPJ. The 9th post was putting the stats that Otto had when he got here mid season and how his game was changed to be another drive and shoot guy his first season here.
I am sure you have already convinced yourself you are right, we are just trying to catch up.
p.s. maybe use smaller words?
MPJ was mentioned by me in post 8. In post 9 you quoted that post, but bizarrely wrote a diatribe about Otto Porter Jr. For some reason.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
MPJ was mentioned by me in post 8. In post 9 you quoted that post, but bizarrely wrote a diatribe about Otto Porter Jr. For some reason.

noun
noun: diatribe; plural noun: diatribes
  1. a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
    "a diatribe against the Roman Catholic Church"

Mr Big word Jr. I am starting to see the problem is you consider my post nine as a bitter verbal attack against someone or something. (you) You posted about how few games OPJ had, I am getting blamed for MPJ in the conversation, so all I did was state what OPJ did as a 3 last year and how he changed this year since I dont think most posters here even watch the game. But you and your big word considering that was a verbal attack is everything that is wrong in this country now. Go find someplace to loot or protest for something you dont give a shit about and get it out of your system. I kinda think its appropriate to mention actual chicag bulls player in the thread.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
noun
noun: diatribe; plural noun: diatribes
  1. a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
    "a diatribe against the Roman Catholic Church"

Mr Big word Jr. I am starting to see the problem is you consider my post nine as a bitter verbal attack against someone or something. (you) You posted about how few games OPJ had, I am getting blamed for MPJ in the conversation, so all I did was state what OPJ did as a 3 last year and how he changed this year since I dont think most posters here even watch the game. But you and your big word considering that was a verbal attack is everything that is wrong in this country now. Go find someplace to loot or protest for something you dont give a shit about and get it out of your system. I kinda think its appropriate to mention actual chicag bulls player in the thread.
Your what hurts?

I'm beginning to think we are viewing different forums. Follow along:
1. I posted a comparison of games played between Carter Jr and Porter.
2. You quote my post, which had zero mention of Otto Porter, but that doesn't stop you from bringing him up.
3. Rask corrects you.
4. You queef out.
5. I call you stupid, using an admittedly wrong word.
6. You queef out again.

As for why I brought up Michael Porter: who drafted him?

EDIT: Actually, forget about answering my questions. You have continually proven your username. You are, without question, the dumbest poster on the entire internet.