Turdisky starting

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Trubisky is on a short leash. I wonder how short it is. How long do they give him sucking (if he does) before he gets "injured" and Foles has to start. They sure as hell just won't bench Trubs for Foles. Trubs will get "injured" again.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
What evidence are you basing your thought on?

Evidence for what? That everything will come together this year for Trubisky? It's more of an opinion based on what I've seen from him in the few years I've watched him play. He seems to have all the individual intangibles and will play well for stretches at a time. He just can't seem to mentally get out of his own way and I think alot of that has to do with the added pressure that comes from all the noise about Watson and Mahomes.

He works on saying all the right things, overthinking the mechanics and execution of plays. I saw it alot last year, where things got really mechanical. He wouldn't think through his options, but instead go to the intended option on his 1st read, or force it to A.Rob. He didn't play free.

But then things slightly changed after the perceived "benching" he took at the end of the Rams game. I think reality set in for him there and humbled him. He's not Mahomes. He's not Watson. He has fallen short of his draft expectations, but now he has to save his career. After that point he moved the ball well through the air and averaged 260 yards passing per game. He did have a blunder of a game against who else but the Chiefs, but that again probably brought back all the comparisons, etc..

Maybe I'm wishfully thinking, but at the same time I feel there is some tangible evidence to show that this could very well be an extra spark that he needed. He doesn't have to compare himself to Mahomes or Watson, just focus on beating out the guy in front of you and keeping your job. Start there and do as much as you can on the field to add value to the offense or be replaced. I think this mentality will force him to be more mobile and make things happen even if he has to do it himself. He can't survive throwing the ball away, playing it safe, and settling for 3 yard gains.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Trubisky is on a short leash. I wonder how short it is. How long do they give him sucking (if he does) before he gets "injured" and Foles has to start. They sure as hell just won't bench Trubs for Foles. Trubs will get "injured" again.
I think either would be allowed some mistakes but that overall short leash due to a viable backup which we haven't had. Team needs to show wins this year and the staff will do all possible to get them. No more personnel holes or dings as excuses nor learning the O etc. One good thing that may have come from this is that since a known quantity like Foles didn't shine in this O in camp, perhaps Nagy more easily sees his own flaws and finally has the coaches behind him to help sort through that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its too bad our owners are always drowning in the deep end, because continuity is key. As fans we have actually been through this exact scenario before, and seen how the Lovie/Dungy-Green/Noll coaching tree handled it. The solution was spelled out by Lovie Smith to the press, if they remember or would care to add to the discussion in a constructive way.

"We are going to divide the season into quarters, and review where we are after 4 games."

This is what avoids the scenarios peeps are freaking out about, this is what gives Trubisky his fair shake in a last chance scenario. Its not all on one play, one game, one read, one good play by the opponent. You give Trubisky a quarter of the season and you plan to look at the big picture again before the primetime game.

I think when you fire your coach every 3 years sometimes the staff loses the continuity and learning that a fan base has already been through. Hence how on earth you could blow 27 of last 30 season to one issue...the offensive line.

Clueless owners and a new fool bashing our collective heads against the wall with the same problem for 3 decades. It was just 7 or 8 different dudes who don't listen to fans about what the bears need to win at soldier field and how to build yourself, how to release pressure on the next desperate search for a QB, how to deal with the conditions.

When the ownership has no spine, the team has no continuity or carry over to deal with problems, its just a new guy thrown in the deep end every few years who can't learn in time to save himself, and a fan base worn the fuck out with the same issues on repeat.

Last edited:

One Team

Liked Posts:
Its too bad our owners are always drowning in the deep end, because continuity is key. As fans we have actually been through this exact scenario before, and seen how the Lovie/Dungy-Green/Noll coaching tree handled it. The solution was spelled out by Lovie Smith to the press, if they remember or would care to add to the discussion in a constructive way.

"We are going to divide the season into quarters, and review where we are after 4 games."

This is what avoids the scenarios peeps are freaking out about, this is what gives Trubisky his fair shake in a last chance scenario. Its not all on one play, one game, one read, one good play by the opponent. You give Trubisky a quarter of the season and you plan to look at the big picture again before the primetime game.

I think when you fire your coach every 3 years sometimes the staff loses the continuity and learning that a fan base has already been through. Hence how on earth you could blow 27 of last 30 season to one issue...the offensive line.

Clueless owners and a new fool bashing our collective heads against the wall with the same problem for 3 decades. It was just 7 or 8 different dudes who don't listen to fans about what the bears need to win at soldier field and how to build yourself, how to release pressure on the next desperate search for a QB, how to deal with the conditions.

When the ownership has no spine, the team has no continuity or carry over to deal with problems, its just a new guy thrown in the deep end every few years who can't learn in time to save himself, and a fan base worn the fuck out with the same issues on repeat.

Lucid points that speak to the 'rinse/repeat' condition that so many fans and outsiders alike build their impressions upon.

Said condition points to a pattern of upper management decision making that appears to be swayed by intentions as much as any other value.

This then leads us outsiders to see these decision makers as 'benevolent enablers'... and puts many of us into that 'deja vu all over again' condition.

As someone who has followed this team for 45 years, I would enjoy nothing more than seeing Virginia get to hoist that trophy again, and my feelings towards this team have morphed from a football fan to an observer who would dearly like to see the 'blind squirrel find a nut'. The good people that Virginia and George seem to be deserve it, and God knows the fan-base needs it.

Let's go MT and let's go Bears.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
That’s what I’m hearing from my sources. He’s got the nod but extremely short leash. Nagy apparently wants to start Foles but is getting pressured to start the Turd from the FO.

They both just suck, no one is clearly better or worse. So they’re giving Trubisky one last chance before they draft another QB.

Foles was a very stupid choice or begin with, he only won in teams were every QB would have won, because of the system, not him.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was encouraged by the early reports of Trubisky being very accurate. Then later on in camp, probably in response to pressure from the defense, his accuracy was reportedly suffering again. This does not bode well for the live season as it just reinforces his tendency to lock in on either his first read or his favorite guy when he's under pressure. Defenses will bait that all day long. As a Bears fan, I hope I'm wrong.