HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think people just don't give a shit about whomever runs out there to kick anymore. They are going to fuck up at some point. Why bother being on pins and needles about it.

Reactions: DC

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ive been thinking about this as well. it was a weird feeling watching a kicker kick extra points without worrying about a miss.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Totally was not expecting Santos to come out and nail every kick. Watch though...typical Bears luck they'll bring Eddy back when ready and he'll fk this up for us somehow somewhere.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Totally was not expecting Santos to come out and nail every kick. Watch though...typical Bears luck they'll bring Eddy back when ready and he'll fk this up for us somehow somewhere.
No reason to make the change to Eddie when he is available to come off IR unless Santos has some hiccups. Otherwise, they should just ride with him

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think people just don't give a shit about whomever runs out there to kick anymore. They are going to fuck up at some point. Why bother being on pins and needles about it.
This is my thoughts. It's so jacked since Gould left. I dont give a fuck who the kicker is anymore.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't worry, Nagy will take a knee for a couple of downs and move Santos back a few yards, and then people can hate him for missing a big kick.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I’m confused.

Bears just waived te Saubert to make room for Santos on the 53. Buuuut wasn’t Santos on the 53 on Sunday? What am I missing? Why did someone have to get waived?

msadows

Liked Posts:
So I’m confused.

Bears just waived te Saubert to make room for Santos on the 53. Buuuut wasn’t Santos on the 53 on Sunday? What am I missing? Why did someone have to get waived?

55 at gametime, but only 53 during the week.

Essentially you get to assign two players from your PS to the gameday roster. Which I assume Santos was one of those 2? dunno.

At least thats what I understood of the rule. Someone is welcome to correct me.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Essentially you get to assign two players from your PS to the gameday roster. Which I assume Santos was one of those 2? dunno.

This is correct.

Technically the bears could have sent santos back to the ps, protected him again (4 per week), called him up sun again and kept suabert for the time being.

That said, this was the last week they could play that game with Santos so they'd have to do something next week anyway.

Unfortunately the bears lost 2 guys off the ps yest who I think could/should been on the 53 man roster (ol brown and lb smith) so saubert will likely head there once he clears waivers

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
In 2018 Santos was actually solid, 14 of 18 field goals and I don't believe he missed an extra point.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 2018 Santos was actually solid, 14 of 18 field goals and I don't believe he missed an extra point.

He's solid I believe under 40 yards.....after that he is a little shakey.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Should have let him kick the 1st one when we went for it on 4th.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Off topic, but did the OP get the "Donald Trump" special at Earl Scheib?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is this new for this year? Or no

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I have more confidence in Santos than Eddie for no logical reason
Maybe because he is the AntMill of Brazil?

Of course, the AntMill of Brazil would have to do something special with his legs. Brazilians don't know what hands are used for in football.

Bust

Liked Posts:
trade eddie to the titans for a 4th or 5th round pick

am surprised that titans kicker still has a job

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Santos has been an 80%+ kicker his whole career. He had a rough start to the season when he was in Tennessee last year and wasn't given an opportunity to right the ship. Not saying he deserved to, because after going 4-9, the mental pressure can be overwhelming, but that a fresh start may be all that he needed.

I think if he gets in a nice groove over the next two or three games, he likely keeps the starting role, with Piniero going to PS. Sorry, but you gotta role with the healthy and hot leg.