Mitch tells on himself...

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Thanks for exposing your ten cent head, Mitch. You should have kept your mouth shut. Now, it is a given fact that you can't read AND Patricia is an idiot that Detroit deserves.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Good to know... play Mitch... play zone.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The funny part is that Trubisky was throwing to the correct receivers. It was a few accuracy issues, not the zone defense that stopped him.

Trubisky was confident in his receiver choices and did move the ball.....I believe only one 3 and out in the entire game....

The only tencent brains here are the people that thought the defense stopped Trubisky....Trubisky was the only one that stopped Trubisky.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Mitch made most of the correct reads against those coverages. The timing was slightly off with his receivers early on which led to incompletions.

I have no idea if it just started to click in the 4th quarter, or if Mitch will revert back to the poor QB he’s been in the past.
But for a first game with no preseason, he did not play near as poorly as some think.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The funny part is that Trubisky was throwing to the correct receivers. It was a few accuracy issues, not the zone defense that stopped him.

Trubisky was confident in his receiver choices and did move the ball.....I believe only one 3 and out in the entire game....

The only tencent brains here are the people that thought the defense stopped Trubisky....Trubisky was the only one that stopped Trubisky.

yeah, problem is he does it to himself far too often still. Had we been playing a team better coached than Detroit, we probably don’t overcome the first 3 quarters of Mitch hurting himself

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was going though progression all game. Not perfect choices but rare for any QB to do that. What has to happen is that he needs to make more of the choices he does make, work.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:

And that has been and sure seems like it will always be his problem.

He's not going to wake up one day and all of a sudden be an accurate passer. We can all agree that's not going to happen.

I'm happy for him and the team but he's never going to be the QB this team needs. What's most frustrating is losing these years waiting for this FO to find that out.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, problem is he does it to himself far too often still. Had we been playing a team better coached than Detroit, we probably don’t overcome the first 3 quarters of Mitch hurting himself

That doesn't matter at this point. If his accuracy issues remain that problematic it will be an issue.

That being said, any argument that he was throwing to the wrong receivers is incorrect. He threw to the right guys. What the Detroit defense did by disguising coverage made Trubisky go thru his reads, which he did just fine at.

He just needs to be more accurate....

This is one game. That doesn't mean he won't make a bad read again. He just needs to take advantage of the opportunities when they present themselves.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, trubisky nor foles are the answer moving forward!

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to think Nagy is to blame for Trubs inconsistency. We've seen glimpses of this before, maybe not to this extent. Hard to say he can't throw an accurate deep ball when he has, hard to say he's not accurate when he is at times. Cam Newton is a QB that has never been consistent as a passer. He has prospered with additional attributes to go with his passing game. You never see him light it up for a half, dropping dimes all over the field. Trubs being able to play like this but can't play like this consistently is on the coach. Trubs seems to start every game playing not to lose, he doesn't seem to play better until he's playing to win. He obviously has the potential, maybe a better QB coach could take him to the next level. Unless Nagy starts changing the kids mindset going into a game I don't see him improving his overall gameplay.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to think Nagy is to blame for Trubs inconsistency. We've seen glimpses of this before, maybe not to this extent. Hard to say he can't throw an accurate deep ball when he has, hard to say he's not accurate when he is at times. Cam Newton is a QB that has never been consistent as a passer. He has prospered with additional attributes to go with his passing game. You never see him light it up for a half, dropping dimes all over the field. Trubs being able to play like this but can't play like this consistently is on the coach. Trubs seems to start every game playing not to lose, he doesn't seem to play better until he's playing to win. He obviously has the potential, maybe a better QB coach could take him to the next level. Unless Nagy starts changing the kids mindset going into a game I don't see him improving his overall gameplay.

I think that does happen at times.....feels like Nagy is trying to play a chessmatch instead of football.

Yesterday Trubisky was opening it up early though, he was just missing by inches on a few plays....