Allen Robinson Trade Ideas

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
With the AROB situation the Bears could look to deal him if his asking price is too high.
Bears will have to extend Roquan Smith next year and with Covid Salary implications are not 100% known yet.

here are some ideas what are yours?

Arob and a 5th rd pick to the 49RS for a 1st rd pick and a 4th RD pick

AROB to the Jets for Denzel Mims and a 2nd rd pick

Arob to the Bengals for a 1st rd pick

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the reduced cap and potential Mitch deal (not likely IMO) can the Bears afford it?

I would like them to keep #12 for as long as possible. For our current QBs as well as any future 1st rounders. If they "had" to trade him, send him to the AFC and give the Bears a first round pick.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I strongly think he should be re-signed, but I'll play the devil's advocate for a moment. I wouldn't take anything less than a first round pick for him. 27 years old, good character guy, great for the locker-room, hard-worker, open even when everyone knows he's Mitch's favorite target.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
If Bears can get the Bengals 1st rd pick you absolutely grab it

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I'd be on the phone with, Jets/ Dolphins. Both teams could use WR and both should be a top 10 1st. Cant see a trade until at least week 4 or 5. If we have a loosing record I'd say the chances of a trade are up. If we are winning and seem like a contender for the north, mabey he stays and gets tagged.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He
Is
Not
Going
Anywhere

This is all a negotiation tactic. IF he's gone its not because he wants to leave, its because the bears think he's not good enough, which I heavily doubt happens.

All players do this to get a contract. ARob loves chicago, he's a cubs fan, the guy loves his teammates, he's TRYING to stay here, he's just trying to get paid what he thinks he deserves.

Lets not forget, this man signed here when NO FA's wanted to sign here.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure if bears will extend Roquan

and bengals have aj green and tee Higgins they used the 33rd pick on

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Or you pay him what he's worth. He's one of the few stars on this team. Honestly try to imagine what this offense looks like without ARob

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Foles is not the long term answer. Even if next year we need a starter you are still a long way away from winning a SB. The offense simply won't run and the faith lost in the front office and coaching staff will be too much to overcome.

This year really relies on an all in dependency on Trubisky to perform. Nick could step in, that doesn't guarantee he can duplicate his success like in Philly. Remember Wentz was an MVP candidate and the Eagles were hot without Foles. He took over an already hot offense. Not the case here with the playcalling or the players.

I like the idea of signing and trading for Foles before the season to force a QB battle and if Foles was who we decided to go with I'd have been upset that we moved on but accepted that Trubisky isn't the guy. Let's face it if Mitch goes downhill at this point and is benched you are drafting a QB anyways. You are already committed to your defense financially and you have tons of teams with young QBs in their system that they believe can be the guy moving forward.

Last year the RG was a huge problem, LT was a huge problem, TE was historically bad, the WRs outside of Robinson looked inexperienced and out of sync with the offense. This year, Mooney, Robinson, and Miller all look to be contributing like a normal NFL offense. Graham had more impact or as much impact in this 1st game as out entire TE room did last year in all 16 games. Ifedi looked promising, Leno while not elite looked much improved,

Mitch, regardless of critics threw about 4 balls the entire game that were poorly thrown. Outside of that, he threw catchable balls and in a few circumstances got screwed by nothing he was in control of or could have controlled.

If you are going to sign Robinson you have to get rid of Foles or commit to him next year. It's a tough decision. But it's one you can't afford not to make. You sign a cheap QB and if Mitch goes down, you play with a shitty backup, cut mitch, and look to the draft and take the better pick and use it to find a QB.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Diggs went to the Bills for a 1st round pick so I do think a late 1st rounder is possible

If Mitch continues to be who's he been and this team isn't looking great in a few weeks, I think you have to think about it.

In a draft where we aren't gonna bottom out enough to get the #1 or #2 pick for a top QB prospect like Lawrence or Justin Fields, having a war chest of picks to move up for whatever QB is available is gonna be important

You're not gonna move up for just a 3rd round pick like for trubisky again

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Pace does trade him and it is less than a first rounder, he should be burned alive next to that stupid bean.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone is discussing trading mitch trubisky yet....

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be on the phone with, Jets/ Dolphins. Both teams could use WR and both should be a top 10 1st. Cant see a trade until at least week 4 or 5. If we have a loosing record I'd say the chances of a trade are up. If we are winning and seem like a contender for the north, mabey he stays and gets tagged.

i'd be on the phone with Robinson's agent

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure if bears will extend Roquan

and bengals have aj green and tee Higgins they used the 33rd pick on

I had previously theorized Bears would trade Roquan similar to 49Rs trading Buckner

Bears are going to lose someone this upcoming offseason...