The Stats Don’t Lie: Trubisky has the second worst passer rating in the NFC North

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Remember, Mitch was drafted to be the savior and he can’t even outplay Curt Cousins

Rodgers: 127.5
Curt Cousins: 118.6
Trubisky: 104.2
Stafford: 77.2 (with no help around him)
And his Name Is Kirk...bitch
Jags 142.7
Titans 99.7
Colts 88.7
Texans 84.5 ( the 2nd greatest qb in the NFL)

you aren’t too good at this. Why don’t you just wait until the end of the year and have all your stats compiled and give us all an in-depth analyst of the reasons why Watson deserves the MVP

TYIA

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yeah, I'll take 104 every week with high praise. He will be an All-pro by the end of the year at that rate. Starting for the NFC and the toastmaster of my huge feast of CROWS on him.

I think he falls back to Earth but he deserves praise for his late game stats. I have always given him credit for slaying bums because legitima\ately good QBs DO slay bums. Hope he becomes legit good QB soon.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't wait til Trubisky is off the team so we can stop arguing about him.

Dude. We will argue about whoever the QB is forever. If this bothers you, then you did something really wrong in your previous life because you were thrown into your personal ninth circle of hell.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Stats don't lie:

Trubisky 3 TD, 0 Int, 104.2 Rating
Deshaun Watson, 1 TD, 1 Int, 84.5 Rating

Going to look even better next week as we play the Giants and the Texans play the Ravens!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Stats don't lie:

Trubisky 3 TD, 0 Int, 104.2 Rating
Deshaun Watson, 1 TD, 1 Int, 84.5 Rating

Going to look even better next week as we play the Giants and the Texans play the Ravens!

I hope you are right but Mitch didn't exactly light up the NYG D last year and THIS isn't the Giants D last year.

New coordinator, new scheme, new philosophy. DC Patrick Graham is very creative in his blitzes. He has Steelers OL confused and looking bad all first half. Jones gifted them the short field with that Watt INT.

He likes a lot of man coverage so Trubisky will probably do well IF he can read it in time:

"Many of Graham's initial formations feature multiple players in two point stances around the line of scrimmage.

On one play, there is only one player with their hand in the dirt over center. The right cornerback blitzes first, followed by a delayed blitz by outside linebacker after faking a dropback into zone.

They play zone behind this blitz and don't allow the QB to ever set his feet to find an open receiver.

They didn't always bring the heat. They often showed a blitz and then dropped back into coverage and Graham LOVES press man coverage and LOVES to blitz out of a cover one set."

PS. I will say that the D hasn't found their groove yet with Graham, but they put together a long stretch that stymied PITT's very good OL and made Big Ben very uncomfortable most of the first half.

Maybe they got a little lightning in a bottle for a bit and cannot sustain it for any entire game all this year??

Maybe they will be better and won't be gassed in the second half with possible poor conditioning coming off no preseason??

Time will tell, but I do not share your optimism.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't open up with saying different defense and coordinator and ignore the fact we also played a different brand of football on offense and have a different coordinator/assistant as well. The run game looked miles better against the Lions than it was at the end of 2019. We no longer have dead weight on the offensive line by the name of Kyle Long. We also were more aggressive than usual pushing the ball down the field against the Lions versus the offense we saw at the end of 2019.

Last season the Bears won games despite the offense. On Sunday, the Bears won despite the defense (and some piss poor clock management by Nagy)

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You can't open up with saying different defense and coordinator and ignore the fact we also played a different brand of football on offense and have a different coordinator/assistant as well.

LOL Yes I can and I did.

You didn't add anything that warrants optimism for one over the other.

Mitch has a track record of being confused and misreading defenses. He has a track record of sloppy footwork when he thinks too much.

Giants DC has a track record of making QBs uncomfortable and thinking a lot about what they are doing to the detriment of their play.

You want to focus on improving running and pinning hopes that Nagy will not say fuck it and call 50 passes and 9 runs? You want to feel good and optimistic? Ok, cool.

That does not invalidate or change a single word I said in my previous post or this one.

As I already said, I hope @vabearsfan15 will be proven justified in having confidence. I do not share the optimism here.

I can open up saying that.

And I can close saying it again.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope you are right but Mitch didn't exactly light up the NYG D last year and THIS isn't the Giants D last year.

New coordinator, new scheme, new philosophy. DC Patrick Graham is very creative in his blitzes. He has Steelers OL confused and looking bad all first half. Jones gifted them the short field with that Watt INT.

He likes a lot of man coverage so Trubisky will probably do well IF he can read it in time:

"Many of Graham's initial formations feature multiple players in two point stances around the line of scrimmage.

On one play, there is only one player with their hand in the dirt over center. The right cornerback blitzes first, followed by a delayed blitz by outside linebacker after faking a dropback into zone.

They play zone behind this blitz and don't allow the QB to ever set his feet to find an open receiver.

They didn't always bring the heat. They often showed a blitz and then dropped back into coverage and Graham LOVES press man coverage and LOVES to blitz out of a cover one set."

PS. I will say that the D hasn't found their groove yet with Graham, but they put together a long stretch that stymied PITT's very good OL and made Big Ben very uncomfortable most of the first half.

Maybe they got a little lightning in a bottle for a bit and cannot sustain it for any entire game all this year??

Maybe they will be better and won't be gassed in the second half with possible poor conditioning coming off no preseason??

This. Disguised and mixed zone. Mentioned it earlier but really, they haven't had much time to practice either and the secondary players aren't special. Will still be good to see if Mitch is doing his progressions and making calls at the line. The 2nd may not be a big deal if there's nothing to key on.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
You can't open up with saying different defense and coordinator and ignore the fact we also played a different brand of football on offense and have a different coordinator/assistant as well. The run game looked miles better against the Lions than it was at the end of 2019. We no longer have dead weight on the offensive line by the name of Kyle Long. We also were more aggressive than usual pushing the ball down the field against the Lions versus the offense we saw at the end of 2019.

Last season the Bears won games despite the offense. On Sunday, the Bears won despite the defense (and some piss poor clock management by Nagy)

I agree, the offensive line looked much improved, though it should be acknowledged that is was against a very weak D-Line. I'm interested to see if they get a similar push in the run game and are able to protect Trubs more consistently moving forward.

Either way, if one can't be optimistic about playing the Giants, I'm not sure they will ever be able to be optimstic. There is nothing about the Giant's D that truly should cause a concern for any NFL Offense. Blake Martinez was a decent pick up for them. I liked Leonard Williams coming out of the draft. Same for Dexter Lawrence. The rest of the unit is blehh....

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

At the end of the day, the Giants have a 1st time head coach, former special teams coordinator leading their team. And their defensive coordinator had the worst scoring defense in the NFL last year with the Miami Dolphins. I get they are on new teams and in many ways unproven, but they don't have the players. Even a proven guy like Fangio needed a few years to get the D rolling here.

I personally liked the way Trubisky kept his eyes downfield purveying the field. His accuracy was off a few throws, but he was able to stretch the defense and was able to move the ball. He also averaged much more air yards per throw. I get it was the Lions, but some of these signs were encouraging to see. I don't see anyone on the Giants being able to cover Robinson, let alone the rest of our receivers. I think we should be able to handle the matchups.