The Giants

msadows

Liked Posts:
Prediction if that happens - a big chunk of people here write it off with "it was only the Giants". Another group of people will proclaim him the next QB messiah. Both groups will be wrong because they don't have a shred of perspective and are reacting knee jerk week to week.

This guy knows his bears fans!

Seriously, tho, you gotta wait at least a month to proclaim anything has changed with mitch. Even Grossman had a player of the month award.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sea Squirrel's gonna spooge all over the G men

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Bears gonna lose badly on time of possession with Barkley gashing off-tackle. Our interior D is soft and can be exposed. Losing Goldman doomed this D.

I think that's the primary storyline for the week, more so than MT's stats.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Prediction if that happens - a big chunk of people here write it off with "it was only the Giants". Another group of people will proclaim him the next QB messiah. Both groups will be wrong because they don't have a shred of perspective and are reacting knee jerk week to week.
I'm going to predict nobody is calling him the messiah no matter what happens on Sunday.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No one has crowned him. If he plays well next game no one will crown him.
People have already written him off however, and if he doesn’t play well they will just confirm that.

C'mon modo, you've been a Bears fan long enough to know this is the win/win effect.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Giants looked better than the score indicated. Stuffed on the 1 on 4th down early and redzone pick later......games going to be tougher than we think

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Giants looked better than the score indicated. Stuffed on the 1 on 4th down early and redzone pick later......games going to be tougher than we think
If we follow steelers formula we can beat them easily.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Stopping the run will be the key to winning this game, along with avoiding turnovers which is always important.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
in you guys minds what would show the bears are legit and mitch has improved 5-0?
The Bears really do have a manageable schedule the first 6 weeks. Giants, Falcons, Colts, Bucs and Panthers should all be winnable games, then they go thru the gauntlet of Rams, Saints, Titans, Vikings and Packers. Best case scenario they go 5-1 and then pick up 3 wins out of the latter to be 8-3. I would be impressed.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People forget you are playing NFL teams....and they are really good.

It doesn't take much to sway a football game.

I keep thinking of the Star Wars admiral meme....

Trap game!

Its a trap!

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
A win over the Giants will be nice, but I don't see it having much influence in changing the long term prospective of the team or Mitch as the Giants just aren't that good of a team. There isn't a lot of upside of this game because if Mitch plays well, it is expected due to it being the Giants defense. If he plays poorly, then it is a negative as he should be able to have his way with them. The defense has some upside in this game if they contain Barkley and rushing attack after getting gashed by an aging AP week 1.

The positives from week 1 for Mitch were that even quarters 1-3 his misses on WRs were actually really close and just outside receiver catch radius. There weren't many terrible throws into double and triple coverage and so if he can further narrow in the close throws and get some more completions, I think he can start to build the case that he has grown some but it's going to take doing well against better teams that will help cement any case of him being a better QB than he was the past few seasons.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
so if the bears beat the giants and mitch puts up similar stats this week

Do we say the bears are legit?
Can we say Mitch has improved?

Thoughts
The giants are a bad team

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
so if the bears beat the giants and mitch puts up similar stats this week

Do we say the bears are legit?
Can we say Mitch has improved?

Thoughts

No, they are equally as bad as the Lions. Especially on defense.

Mitch has no excuse except to bum slay which is the only thing he’s proven to be capable of.