The Stats Don’t Lie: Trubisky has the second worst passer rating in the NFC North

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL Yes I can and I did.

You didn't add anything that warrants optimism for one over the other.

Mitch has a track record of being confused and misreading defenses. He has a track record of sloppy footwork when he thinks too much.

Giants DC has a track record of making QBs uncomfortable and thinking a lot about what they are doing to the detriment of their play.

You want to focus on improving running and pinning hopes that Nagy will not say fuck it and call 50 passes and 9 runs? You want to feel good and optimistic? Ok, cool.

That does not invalidate or change a single word I said in my previous post or this one.

As I already said, I hope @vabearsfan15 will be proven justified in having confidence. I do not share the optimism here.

I can open up saying that.

And I can close saying it again.

Oh my mistake. I thought you were trying to make sense.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Zing? I think?

Nah, my mistake. I thought you were trying to have a discussion.

No you don't. Because you literally said you choose to reject reality and substitute your own. All discussion ended there.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Remember, Mitch was drafted to be the savior and he can’t even outplay Curt Cousins

Rodgers: 127.5
Curt Cousins: 118.6
Trubisky: 104.2
Stafford: 77.2 (with no help around him)
Cool.

Story.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
T7THCNEBUZEMPJ3EIS4LIA2MJM.jpg

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
No you don't. Because you literally said you choose to reject reality and substitute your own. All discussion ended there.

All discussion ended when you put words in my mouth that I never said.

FACT: Mitch has a track record of being confused and misreading defenses. He has a track record of sloppy footwork when he thinks too much.

FACT: Giants DC has a track record of making QBs uncomfortable and thinking a lot about what they are doing to the detriment of their play.

You can say "But you need to look at the new run game" all you want.

Not even joking there; go ahead and say it, but you can't DODGE my points altogether and then claim I am "rejecting reality".

I remembered you being BETTER at this.

Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
of all QBs with 3 TDs which is 5 making him top 7 in TDS. Mitch is actually in 2nd behind Lamar Jackson with 243 yards and Lamar having 275. Mitch also had 27 yards rushing while Jackson had 45.

The two players ahead of them in TDs (4) and yards (300+) is HOF QB Aaron Rogers and Russell Wilson.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
All discussion ended when you put words in my mouth that I never said.

FACT: Mitch has a track record of being confused and misreading defenses. He has a track record of sloppy footwork when he thinks too much.

FACT: Giants DC has a track record of making QBs uncomfortable and thinking a lot about what they are doing to the detriment of their play.

You can say "But you need to look at the new run game" all you want.

Not even joking there; go ahead and say it, but you can't DODGE my points altogether and then claim I am "rejecting reality".

I remembered you being BETTER at this.

I can actually maneuver right around your points actually. The run game changed, its completely different. The QB was under center a significant amount of snaps something that helped both the QB and the RBs early and late in the game. Defenses cannot simply anticipate the pass against the Bears anymore, nor can they cheat up in obvious run situations because Nagy is no longer making anything obvious with his balanced approach to offense. The single largest weakness was the TE postition which actually seems to have gone from the worst TE room in the league to about average. The WR room went from the worst in the league to about average. Mooney is absolutely capable of bigger things and I expect Ginn and Miller to be consistent contributors moving forward with not hickups. The O line problems are not fixed but are definitely improved. The RBs looked like they improved on their seasons and became legitimate threats in the running game as a duo.

This offense is better because its balanced. Where as last year it was heavily carried by Allen Robinson and not much else.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can actually maneuver right around your points actually. The run game changed, its completely different. The QB was under center a significant amount of snaps something that helped both the QB and the RBs early and late in the game. Defenses cannot simply anticipate the pass against the Bears anymore, nor can they cheat up in obvious run situations because Nagy is no longer making anything obvious with his balanced approach to offense. The single largest weakness was the TE postition which actually seems to have gone from the worst TE room in the league to about average. The WR room went from the worst in the league to about average. Mooney is absolutely capable of bigger things and I expect Ginn and Miller to be consistent contributors moving forward with not hickups. The O line problems are not fixed but are definitely improved. The RBs looked like they improved on their seasons and became legitimate threats in the running game as a duo.

This offense is better because its balanced. Where as last year it was heavily carried by Allen Robinson and not much else.

WAY too early for these conclusions after one game against the Lions.

But never mind that right now. You have not maneuvered around what the Giants defense does do and are simply ADDING to the discussion what the RBs, TEs, OL and WRs have already done vs. what the Lions defense does.

Not only does that not take into account the differences between the teams and the DCs but it also neglects the track record Mitch has when he is pressured and how his footwork gets awful, how his reads shrink to the first receiver the play calls for, and how off target he is to that one read.

You think you have maneuvered all around my points - which is illuminating since it implicitly agrees that my points cannot be directly refuted without looking elsewhere and hoping things keep getting better than they were.

I will take your maneuvering as proof that you are tacitly agreeing that is not entirely UNREASONABLE to have concerns going into this game yes?

Despite the displays of swagger by others here who seem to posit this discussion as if my position is irrationally pessimistic. That is an unfair characterization imo.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
of all QBs with 3 TDs which is 5 making him top 7 in TDS. Mitch is actually in 2nd behind Lamar Jackson with 243 yards and Lamar having 275. Mitch also had 27 yards rushing while Jackson had 45.

The two players ahead of them in TDs (4) and yards (300+) is HOF QB Aaron Rogers and Russell Wilson.

I would be impressed if he wasn't always top 10 in QB stats for the weeks he plays DET.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be impressed if he wasn't always top 10 in QB stats for the weeks he plays DET.
How well did he look before Detroit lost it's top three CB's, starting DE, and was literally playing against a special team emergency CB that saw no first or second team reps in the shortened preseason?

newsflash...he sucked ass. Go read the game thread.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How well did he look before Detroit lost it's top three CB's, starting DE, and was literally playing against a special team emergency CB that saw no first or second team reps in the shortened preseason?

newsflash...he sucked ass. Go read the game thread.
In your face.
Take that loss like a man.
Bears and Mitch won and you're salty AF.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In your face.
Take that loss like a man.
Bears and Mitch won and you're salty AF.

LOL, Yawn. had the situation been reversed, and you lost your top 3 Cb's, and the Lions had not lost thiers, what do you think the score would have been?

You still only won because a rookie RB dropped an easy pass.
Your "impressive d" ?

Not so impressive at all.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If my Aunt had a weiner, she'd be my Uncle.

I am impressive d in your saltiness.

Not sure many here are bragging about the Bears greatness. We are laughing at Detroits ineptitude.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
LOL, Yawn. had the situation been reversed, and you lost your top 3 Cb's, and the Lions had not lost thiers, what do you think the score would have been?

You still only won because a rookie RB dropped an easy pass.
Your "impressive d" ?

Not so impressive at all.
Why do you keep with this stupid excuse about losing CBs and all the other crap......we won period....end of story