dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did R.Pace find another mid round hidden gem in the 5th? The kid sure looked like he belonged in his limited time on the field.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He certainly has athletic skills to show up as a late round rookie, that's for certain. If he's a film rat, he'll be able to win even more snaps as he becomes a better weapon.

I liked his performance Sunday. Here's to a long career for Mooney with the Bears!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Sure hope so. If he is, Pace would be continuing a pretty stellar record of drafting in the later rounds. For all the hate he gets, he has some really nice finds later in the draft:

2015: Round 5: Adrian Amos
2016: Round 4: Nick Kwiatkowski and Round 5: Jordan Howard
2017: Round 4: Eddie Jackson and Tarik Cohen
2018: Round 5: Bilal Nichols
2019: Small class but I think Montgomery is a great pick in round 3 (which may not qualify as a "later round pick")
2020: Maybe Mooney in round 5? Trevis Gipson would be nice too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sure hope so. If he is, Pace would be continuing a pretty stellar record of drafting in the later rounds. For all the hate he gets, he has some really nice finds later in the draft:

2015: Round 5: Adrian Amos
2016: Round 4: Nick Kwiatkowski and Round 5: Jordan Howard
2017: Round 4: Eddie Jackson and Tarik Cohen
2018: Round 5: Bilal Nichols
2019: Small class but I think Montgomery is a great pick in round 3 (which may not qualify as a "later round pick")
2020: Maybe Mooney in round 5? Trevis Gipson would be nice too.

I'm really rooting for T.Gipson to show something for us but i didn't see anything from him in his limited time against Detroit but he's a mid round rookie that has no preseason games under his belt so hopefully he'll start to show something in the next few games.

I love how Mooney showed that he has much more to his game then just being that beat you running a straight line with speed type of WR. He made some moves after the catch.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd still take Airese Currie.....

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Absolutely looked legit. Next gen stats showed the Bears receivers really being covered well by Detroit despite a limited secondary. Robinson, Miller and Graham all were well below the average yards of separation from last season on Sunday. Mooney getting open was a great sign and he just looked fluid and natural for his first game as a pro.

Looks like a really nice draft by Pace. Kmet showed that he could block, which was supposedly his weakness coming out of college. Johnson looks like a natural at CB and long time starter. If that is all you get out of that class you are pretty happy with it.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'm really rooting for T.Gipson to show something for us but i didn't see anything from him in his limited time against Detroit but he's a mid round rookie that has no preseason games under his belt so hopefully he'll start to show something in the next few games.

I love how Mooney showed that he has much more to his game then just being that beat you running a straight line with speed type of WR. He made some moves after the catch.

Gips was wide open on that 4th down play that might have gotten him going but the #2 overall threw behind him by 10 feet

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He looks real. In limited play, got separation and put a big time move on a defender for extra yards.
Dude already runs better routes than Gabriel and gets more separation than Ginn.

If you don't smile at this. You're dead inside:
This is what I heard.

Reporter: Why no music and why were you so calm?

Moonie: I have the soundtrack of Jaws always playing in my head because I am the predator and it is the calm before the storm when I take a big bite out of the defense.

Reporter: What did you have to adjust to week 1?

Mad-Eye: The speed of the game. It took me a bit to figure out that the whole defense was NOT in slow motion.

Reporter: What are you looking forward to seeing against the Giants.

Moonie: 11 blue colored seals for me to feed on. da-dum da-dum da-dum

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
So far the rookie class is looking very good. Mooney looks like he has the potential to be one of the top rookie WRs of this draft class. His route running is crazy good and he is not just a one trick poney.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So far the rookie class is looking very good. Mooney looks like he has the potential to be one of the top rookie WRs of this draft class. His route running is crazy good and he is not just a one trick poney.

Yea, Remy got the speed WR he was crying about and we didnt even have to spend a 2nd rounder to do it!

It is a very good indication that he got heavy PT this past week. I envision if he continues his current play the kid will be starting before the end of the year over Ginn.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Gips was wide open on that 4th down play that might have gotten him going but the #2 overall threw behind him by 10 feet

Ummmmmmmm huh? Gipson is a OLB. At least that's who i was talking about.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea, Remy got the speed WR he was crying about and we didnt even have to spend a 2nd rounder to do it!

It is a very good indication that he got heavy PT this past week. I envision if he continues his current play the kid will be starting before the end of the year over Ginn.
Remy was right but Mooney was always underrated. This team without Mooney or Ginn would be easier to cover and adversely affect the run game as well. For me early picks were 2 of these 3, CB, LT and TE but speed WR was next on my list and the LT would have to be a fallen 1st rounder or not worth the effort so by the time we picked, a speed WR was in the top 3 draft options. Mooney is the guy I targeted for a mid to late round pick. His lack of size, competition and production due to his college circumstances dropped his perceived value but he showed great awareness, route running, adjustments and body control to go with that speed.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This is what I heard.

Reporter: Why no music and why were you so calm?

Moonie: I have the soundtrack of Jaws always playing in my head because I am the predator and it is the calm before the storm when I take a big bite out of the defense.

Reporter: What did you have to adjust to week 1?

Mad-Eye: The speed of the game. It took me a bit to figure out that the whole defense was NOT in slow motion.

Reporter: What are you looking forward to seeing against the Giants.

Moonie: 11 blue colored seals for me to feed on. da-dum da-dum da-dum

So.....Mako Mooney?