Mooney vs. Anthony Miller

msadows

Liked Posts:
First off, you act like every other team hits on every single pick they make. Realistically, more often than not you are not going to hit on even most of your picks. In a draft, lets say you find two stars in the 6th and another team finds two stars in the 1st and 3rd rounds. What does it matter, good players are good players, no matter where they are drafted. Yes, better odds of them hitting in the first few rounds, but it doesn't matter where you get them, as long as you get them. It's easy to say in hindsight who the better pick is. Not so easy to do so before even seeing a down played against professionals. The draft is projection.

Also, sometimes it takes a little bit for someone with athletic ability to find their role against professionals. This is Ridley's second year, when he dealt with injuries early last year if I remember correctly. I'm not saying he will be decent, I have no idea, but he was a 4th rounder only in his second year and still on the team. Let's see if he can figure it out while being on our team.

Kmet has only played two games. I can argue he was a necessity because the position was so bad that we needed to restock our talent there and it definitely doesn't hurt to get one that is young, can and probably will improve as the year(s) go on, and is under team control at a cheap rate for the next few years.

Explain to me what Claypool has to do with Juju, Shaheen, Ridley, etc? All of them were in a different class. If you are going to say we should have drafted Claypool over Kmet, fine. But you are basing that off basically one play, after two games. A little premature, no? Shaheen I think looked like he had a little promise his first year or two, and then (I personally think, but only my opinion) is that injuries led to him playing a lot more stiff when he didn't have the room to regress that way. He was drafted to be more of the athletic big TE, not the big TE that bulldozes players. Once he lost that athletic ability, he became useless for the most part.

Good post. Continue to post more, please.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller still fucks up his routes and has that syndrome where he misses easier catches while making tougher ones. Damn shame cause the kid has talent, but there's somethin wrong with his head. Lack of focus or some shit

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You do realize the flaw in your logic, right? It's all revisionist history. Well player A shoulda been taken over player B. Said every NFL scout and GM behind closed doors after the cards play out. I liked Claypool as well coming out. He still hasn't proven much. Definitely had a nice play. It's early.

Mooney was also drafted in the 5th and they traded up for him.

It is not revisionist if I said it before the draft. I did not want Kmet and wanted a WR in the 2nd.

By contrast I was dead set against a CB as well but Johnson has proven me wrong thus far.

Still early for both but not revisionist at all.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First off, you act like every other team hits on every single pick they make. Realistically, more often than not you are not going to hit on even most of your picks. In a draft, lets say you find two stars in the 6th and another team finds two stars in the 1st and 3rd rounds. What does it matter, good players are good players, no matter where they are drafted. Yes, better odds of them hitting in the first few rounds, but it doesn't matter where you get them, as long as you get them. It's easy to say in hindsight who the better pick is. Not so easy to do so before even seeing a down played against professionals. The draft is projection.

Also, sometimes it takes a little bit for someone with athletic ability to find their role against professionals. This is Ridley's second year, when he dealt with injuries early last year if I remember correctly. I'm not saying he will be decent, I have no idea, but he was a 4th rounder only in his second year and still on the team. Let's see if he can figure it out while being on our team.

Kmet has only played two games. I can argue he was a necessity because the position was so bad that we needed to restock our talent there and it definitely doesn't hurt to get one that is young, can and probably will improve as the year(s) go on, and is under team control at a cheap rate for the next few years.

Explain to me what Claypool has to do with Juju, Shaheen, Ridley, etc? All of them were in a different class. If you are going to say we should have drafted Claypool over Kmet, fine. But you are basing that off basically one play, after two games. A little premature, no? Shaheen I think looked like he had a little promise his first year or two, and then (I personally think, but only my opinion) is that injuries led to him playing a lot more stiff when he didn't have the room to regress that way. He was drafted to be more of the athletic big TE, not the big TE that bulldozes players. Once he lost that athletic ability, he became useless for the most part.

First, not acting like that at all. I am simply saying it is sad the 6th rounder is outplaying higher draft picks who should be hitting their stride in the 2nd or 3rd years.

2nd, yes it takes some a little longer but it is fair game to critique them until they produce. If they start producing I will just revise my comments.

3rd, yes I wanted a WR over a TE and I was pointing to the irony that the Steelers might have drafted a good WR right after us in 2 drafts where we took a TE instead.

Finally, if Kmet improves then I will revise my opinion but I can opine based on right now.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How about we wait till the season is over to decide what needs we have?

Or you can just cunt and dick rip. You'll do it anyways.

Kmet is going to be solid. Tight Ends never start off playing meaningful passing snaps.

So we should wait to decide what we have but then you have already decided he will be solid? Lol.

Critiquing their games to date is fair game. No one is saying that critique cant change once more data comes in. Just like I have no problem saying Johnson has proved me wrong thus far and Mooney has been good. I dont see anyone saying let's not judge those guys too early.

You can always tell the guys not performing when you start hearing people preaching caution. When Kmet and Graham were allegedly lighting it up in camp, a lot of people were hyping them up.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The bears better show why Kmet was worth that pick right at the top of the second.....

Why draft a guy and then just not use him?? Nagy said he knows the playbook.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The bears better show why Kmet was worth that pick right at the top of the second.....

You cant see all the double and triple teams he is getting in the passing game that opens it up for everyone else.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

The “revamped” TE position has been a disappointment so far.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The “revamped” TE position has been a disappointment so far.

They’ve helped to significantly improve the run game and could have easily had 3 TDs in the first game. Graham had one, had another overturned when he was down at the 1 and Mitch missed Harris on a corner route that was wide open.

On Sunday, Graham knocked a DB into the end zone on the Montgomery TD catch.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
First off, you act like every other team hits on every single pick they make. Realistically, more often than not you are not going to hit on even most of your picks. In a draft, lets say you find two stars in the 6th and another team finds two stars in the 1st and 3rd rounds

You’re mostly right, but if GMs whiff on 1st and even early to mid 2nd round talent it sets the franchise back years. Which is what franchises that are perennial playoff teams typically don’t do.

2018: Roquan Smith, ILB. (A+)

2017: Mitchell Trubisky, QB. (C-)

2016: Leonard Floyd, OLB. (D)

2015: Kevin White, WR (F)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm sorry but 2 years for a WR to show very little on the field makes me sour on him very quickly. Especially when coaches keep saying he isn't doing his job or running his route as called. WRs are a dime a dozen and its not like Miller has played well enough to be even remotely irreplaceable.

He had 7 TDs as a rookie.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what? Trubisky has a 6 TD game. Am I supposed to believe he's elite potential because of that? Nope. Same shit applies to Miller. He's fucked up way too much.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So what? Trubisky has a 6 TD game. Am I supposed to believe he's elite potential because of that? Nope. Same shit applies to Miller. He's fucked up way too much.

You said he showed very little on the field. He has 7 TDs in one of his two seasons, as a rookie. Then he put up 50+ catches for 650 yards. All with Trubisky at QB, who you're essentially slamming in your post. It isn't like he's been completely unproductive in his two seasons.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You said he showed very little on the field. He has 7 TDs in one of his two seasons, as a rookie. Then he put up 50+ catches for 650 yards. All with Trubisky at QB, who you're essentially slamming in your post. It isn't like he's been completely unproductive in his two seasons.

So he's basically the trubisky of WR's.

Like I always say.....

Shows flashes of talent once every 4 games, plays like shit for 70% of the season.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Ahh finally someone else who noticed Mooney out there blocking. I posted about it in a thread as well but i saw him make 2 or 3 nice blocks against the Giants. This kid is gonna be fun to watch. Too bad Trubisky still isn't great at throwing down field cause this kid could break some big ones. Not saying i want Foles to start cause Trubisky is doing fine but would love to see Foles throwing to him cause Foles is actually pretty good with the long balls. The play he got hurt on last year was a nice long ball he dropped into the WR's hands in the end zone.

Foles needs a clean pocket. What do people think the Bears can do with their LT?!
My god having to explain

the fact that Trubisky was throwing to midgets for 3 years with little speed and unproven hands always makes me question this message board.

nobody went anywhere after here and made it!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Foles needs a clean pocket. What do people think the Bears can do with their LT?!
My god having to explain

the fact that Trubisky was throwing to midgets for 3 years with little speed and unproven hands always makes me question this message board.

nobody went anywhere after here and made it!

You're explaining your own opinion which not many agree with so you're really just wasting your breath cause not many care about your explanation no matter how many times you explain it is what i'm thinking, but that's just my opinion.