Football Outsiders: 2020 Bears

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
One of the worst 3-0 teams of all-time

"Speaking of Tennessee and Chicago, they are very low for 3-0 teams before we even start considering opponent adjustments. Each team's three opponents so far are a combined 1-5 in their other games. Tennessee and Chicago rank among the ten lowest-rated 3-0 teams in DVOA history. Here's a look at where they rank and how those other teams did for the rest of the year. (Teams with an asterisk are measured in Week 4, so some opponent adjustments are included.) The majority of these teams ended up with winning records and made the playoffs and a couple of them really improved after their "slow" starts."

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like that’s a fair ranking

Visionman

Liked Posts:

"Speaking of Tennessee and Chicago, they are very low for 3-0 teams before we even start considering opponent adjustments. Each team's three opponents so far are a combined 1-5 in their other games. Tennessee and Chicago rank among the ten lowest-rated 3-0 teams in DVOA history. Here's a look at where they rank and how those other teams did for the rest of the year. (Teams with an asterisk are measured in Week 4, so some opponent adjustments are included.) The majority of these teams ended up with winning records and made the playoffs and a couple of them really improved after their "slow" starts."
Soon to have the 2020 Chicago Bears added to that couple.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The more I hear that were the "worst 3-0 team ever" the more I think were gonna go like 8-0 and they will be saying the same shit.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So now it’s the Chicago Bears fault that the NFL gave them a weaker schedule?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The more I hear that were the "worst 3-0 team ever" the more I think were gonna go like 8-0 and they will be saying the same shit.

Oh absolutely. Especially if we keep winning the way we do - 2001 style. My favorite non-SB year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

It will be interesting to see the analysis when the Bears beat Indy.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Better than being one of the best 0-3 teams of all time.

Last edited:

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly, they Bears could win a Superbowl and they can say "worst team in Superbowl history", and I could give two shits less. As long as the beloved win, it doesn't matter. Compile wins, gain confidence and keep it rollin'.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
3-0 is 3-0!!! Plus I would like to add this an entirely new team with entirely new offensive capabilities with the Human Tripod under center

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Actually, literally yes. It is. Teams are given schedules based on previous performance.
Haha I get that but quite a few teams that were bad last year were hyped up this offseason making there schedule seem less weak.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Haha I get that but quite a few teams that were bad last year were hyped up this offseason making there schedule seem less weak.

Yeah, there is plenty of schduling fuckery though that makes no sense to me either. For instance certain singers apparently have the power to cause game scheduling conflicts by playing concerts in stadiums forcing teams to schedule that date as an away game. I never thought stadium events had the power to force NFL game rescheduling. That is nuts.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers