New OL coach, and Ifredi seem to be paying off

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Yes, there is far less cluster fuck in the scheme.

Ifedi has stabilized RG. James Daniels took the step we were hoping for from Roquan and Miller.

Exactly correct. The talent is there. Last year it was clear that no one understood nor were able to execute their assignments. One of the ugliest years of OL play I have ever seen. Glad it's over.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's pretty hypocritical thing to say since the whining was easily 10 times as bad from the time we signed him up until after game one of this season and you were easily one of the top people whining about his signing as you always are when it comes to anything Bears...LOL. Now you have to suck on some crow and you're mad about it....LOL

Except I already commented on the improvement of the OL before you entered the thread so again who is hiding?

The point is you came into a thread where people that bashed the OL had already acknowledged they have been good so yes it is whining.

But if I am wrong, name names of these people hiding.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Shit canning Harry Hiestand was the best offseason move that the Bears made.
Yeah. It's a funny thing. The problems last year with everyone regressing were systemic. Pretty clear and obvious. But we had so many posters in here convinced Ifedi was a terrible signing and that going into the season with the same Oline as last year would be disastrous.

What's more logical? The entire offensive line regressing in the same season because every single one of them magically got worse? Or the same unit that played well in 2018 could turn it around with good coaching? Some of you (Windy) as an example are fucking hilarious. Not being able to see the forest from the trees.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes, there is far less cluster fuck in the scheme.

Ifedi has stabilized RG. James Daniels took the step we were hoping for from Roquan and Miller.

I was really hoping Miller would take off this year. He's not a bad player cause when he's running his routes right and has his concentration on catching the ball right the guy is a legit slot WR but those two things are his two biggest inconsistencies and really hoping he can get them right within the next few games cause i'd like to see him stay the Bears slot WR for a while if he does get them right.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Except I already commented on the improvement of the OL before you entered the thread so again who is hiding?

The point is you came into a thread where people that bashed the OL had already acknowledged they have been good so yes it is whining.

But if I am wrong, name names of these people hiding.

I don't care enough to do this cause everyone on here knows that having a debate with you is the worst decision one can make cause you'll never admit fault and will ALWAYS get the last word so i made my point of you being a hypocrite and feel pretty good about moving on.

You turn for the last word sir.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was really hoping Miller would take off this year. He's not a bad player cause when he's running his routes right and has his concentration on catching the ball right the guy is a legit slot WR but those two things are his two biggest inconsistencies and really hoping he can get them right within the next few games cause i'd like to see him stay the Bears slot WR for a while if he does get them right.

If I could only extend one of them right now it would be Daniels, he should make the Pro Bowl if he continues at this level.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If I could only extend one of them right now it would be Daniels, he should make the Pro Bowl if he continues at this level.

Yeah for sure Daniels needs to be signed long term ASAP. Really loving what i'm seeing and hoping we aren't jumping the gun on Ifedi and he can keep this play up. I'd hate to extend him for him to not be able to consistently play the way he has so far and even get better. Don't know if it's the move to RG, which i think he played very little of while with Seattle, or if it's the system just fits him but hoping it's a little of both and our interior line is set for the next 10+ years.

I'm not giving up on AntMill though. I'm really hoping something clicks in this guys head and he gets his shit together. He's shown he can play the slot really well when he's right. Maybe having Foles back there will help cause if it doesn't then i can see J.Wims, T.Ginn or Mooney sliding to the slot some. Shit R.Ridley could be a good slot WR. His big thing coming out was his route running was supposed to be legit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't care enough to do this cause everyone on here knows that having a debate with you is the worst decision one can make cause you'll never admit fault and will ALWAYS get the last word so i made my point of you being a hypocrite and feel pretty good about moving on.

You turn for the last word sir.

You dont care enough to do this because you were lying. No one is hiding.

The OL has been a pleasant surprise thus far. If they can keep this up then will be happy to eat crow. It was still a huge gamble in my book but kudos to Pace and co if that gamble does in fact pay off.

Once again this post was before your whining so I already said I would be happy to eat crow. So again who is hiding?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think overall, in the last three games, it's gone down in terms of performance. The Lions game was by far the Oline's best but the Falcons game is by far the worst. The run game as a whole has been better, but the Lions didn't dare Mitch to win the game stopping the run and the Giants got behind early. Falcons did what I thought teams should do to beat Mitch or have the best chance to beat Mitch, and you saw the results of that game.

But in saying that it's not all on O line. All experts say you need to get the ball out in four seconds, and I think most of the sacks are based off Mitch holding the ball too long to make a play. I have to review the Giants game again and those sacks that could. But it certainly felt like in the Falcons game he held it too long.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think overall, in the last three games, it's gone down in terms of performance. The Lions game was by far the Oline's best but the Falcons game is by far the worst. The run game as a whole has been better, but the Lions didn't dare Mitch to win the game stopping the run and the Giants got behind early. Falcons did what I thought teams should do to beat Mitch or have the best chance to beat Mitch, and you saw the results of that game.

But in saying that it's not all on O line. All experts say you need to get the ball out in four seconds, and I think most of the sacks are based off Mitch holding the ball too long to make a play. I have to review the Giants game again and those sacks that could. But it certainly felt like in the Falcons game he held it too long.

I'd need to rewatch the game but during my watch on gameday I noticed the falcons lb's shooting the gaps and blitzing a ton in the 2nd quarter on because they knew mitch couldn't make them pay.

Usually hard to run the ball when teams are playing cover zero and daring your QB to make them pay. Thats why all a sudden when foles came in we could pass the ball....because they were essentially going balls out to stop the run.

Will be nice to see favorable boxes going forward.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd need to rewatch the game but during my watch on gameday I noticed the falcons lb's shooting the gaps and blitzing a ton in the 2nd quarter on because they knew mitch couldn't make them pay.

Usually hard to run the ball when teams are playing cover zero and daring your QB to make them pay. Thats why all a sudden when foles came in we could pass the ball....because they were essentially going balls out to stop the run.

Will be nice to see favorable boxes going forward.

Oh yeah they were going with as I said, stop the run dare Mitch to beat us gameplan, the same I would of thought the Lions would do, but they couldn't stop the run, and also the Giants had to dig themselves out of a hole. Tough, very tough to guadge how good this team can be against a good defense when they have yet to play one.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I knew they'd improve by getting rid of Hiestand. The oline was fine before he got there and then all of a sudden, they all regress? nah...it had to be him.

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
GB has an OL in the top 10 in all but one category. I hope the Bears blow that shit up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GB has an OL in the top 10 in all but one category. I hope the Bears blow that shit up.
Depends on if the revised holding rules are enforced. That outside the shoulder steer technique that they're taught should no longer be overlooked.