Devin Hester destroys Jay Cutler

msadows

Liked Posts:
Honestly, that might be a compliment for Jay. Didn't Hester play with Matt Ryan and Russel Wilson? and you're telling me that Jay has better QB qualities than those 2 apart from leadership?

Knowledge of the game might be a stretch, but I get what devon is saying.

Cutler, as far as arm talent, has to be in the conversation for top 5 all time easily. The guy just never put it together mentally, but if you could build a perfect qb for his time period you'd imagine he'd be built like jay. The guy lacked the intangibles, but had so much raw talent. It's a shame.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I remember watching him on the broncos the year he went to the pro bowl and was sure the guy would be an elite qb in the league

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thank God for the Closed Captioning on youtube and LOL that it actually typed finna. Oh and can I get those 4 minutes of my life back, please?
1601505971972.png

Oh and LOL at Hester thinking he was ever the #1 WR.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I can't imagine Cutler is the only person that tried to avoid a conversation with D.Hester.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Devin Hester...get him in the HOF!
After watching the video, my mind was reading your comment as, "Devin Hester ... get him (Cutler) in the HOF!

I was thinking only if Hester pays for Cutler's admission into the actual HOF building.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was a time we all loved Devin.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Still say he's the most exciting Bears player I've ever seen.

The dude was electric like no one else. If you're going to put kickers in the hall then he certainly belongs.

Would love to have seen what Nagy or Reid would have done with Hester in his prime.

He still would have been in the wrong spots, and dropped a lot of balls, but yeah, they would have Certainly made him more productive

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bears were a coaching carousel dumpster fire when the Hester experiment took place. him and Knox were fast but could be beaten so easily due to their size. so it's really no surprise they didn't start to get results at WR until Marshall and Jeffery were a thing. as far as Cutler, I will forever maintain he was the byproduct of the most unnecessarily ridiculous set of circumstances any starting quarterback should have been subjected to.

7 different OCs with one team, don't tell me that didn't affect his development. I kind of wish the Bears would've let him go after his initial deal ran out, some other team probably could've salvaged him. what does it say about the franchise when he didn't ever hit 4000 yards or 30 TDs and he holds all the passing records?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
If only jay wasn't injuried in 201p we would have won a SB..

should have stayed with Josh McCown in 2013. Team was playing well and he built good chemistry with the team but the Bears were obligated to go back to Jay when he came off injury cause he had just signed that huge contract. He also beat GB, something Jay rarely did, lol

Last edited:

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Would Hester have been used differently now? Offensive strategy has evolved a lot over recent years and OCs seem to be more creative getting the ball into their speed guys’ hands. He was clearly incredibly good at running with the ball in space.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bears were a coaching carousel dumpster fire when the Hester experiment took place. him and Knox were fast but could be beaten so easily due to their size. so it's really no surprise they didn't start to get results at WR until Marshall and Jeffery were a thing. as far as Cutler, I will forever maintain he was the byproduct of the most unnecessarily ridiculous set of circumstances any starting quarterback should have been subjected to.

7 different OCs with one team, don't tell me that didn't affect his development. I kind of wish the Bears would've let him go after his initial deal ran out, some other team probably could've salvaged him. what does it say about the franchise when he didn't ever hit 4000 yards or 30 TDs and he holds all the passing records?

Keep in in mind, we went through 7 different OCs cos of jay. And trying to accommodate jay.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would Hester have been used differently now? Offensive strategy has evolved a lot over recent years and OCs seem to be more creative getting the ball into their speed guys’ hands. He was clearly incredibly good at running with the ball in space.
Nope lol

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Devin is still salty over the "not a go up and get it guy" comments from Jay in 09.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
He still would have been in the wrong spots, and dropped a lot of balls, but yeah, they would have Certainly made him more productive

Depends... would Nagy think he's #1 receiver (never going to happen) or would they turn him more into a 2018 Tyler Gabriel (probably the best best)?