Doc Emrick is retiring

Granada

Liked Posts:
Kinda saw this one coming. I always liked Doc, but his game was slipping -- I thought maybe it was because he was calling games from home because of Covid. He was getting a ton of calls wrong and his player recognition was off. I'm sad he's leaving all the same. I feel like Foley isn't far behind, but I hope I'm wrong.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well fuck.

Doc brought something to prime time national broadcasts I don't feel I get when I watch my teams in the same situation in the NFL/MLB/NBA.

I don't envy whoever has to fill those shoes.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Doc is awesome. Loved it when he was announcing and would yell ...........NIEMI

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
A legendary broadcaster in Doc will be missed. I still hear the phrase over and over in my head “Toews to Bickell, the Hawks have tied it up late here in Boston”. He had so much energy when he called the games, a true hockey commentator at his best, even though he had the shit assignment of working with Pierre Mcquire later in his career, I actually choose to watch games on NBC just to hear him broadcast, he brought excitement to the game, he loved the game, showed emotion and I found he was was unbiased, He loved the Red Wings, you could tell, when he broadcasting,, but he didn’t show it, he called the game as a fan of the game. NBC won’t be the same without him. Between Doc and Bob Mackenzie from TSN the NHL lost 2 great embassadors of the game.

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A legendary broadcaster in Doc will be missed. I still hear the phrase over and over in my head “Toews to Bickell, the Hawks have tied it up late here in Boston”. He had so much energy when he called the games, a true hockey commentator at his best, even though he had the shit assignment of working with Pierre Mcquire later in his career, I actually choose to watch games on NBC just to hear him broadcast, he brought excitement to the game, he loved the game, showed emotion and I found he was was unbiased, He loved the Red Wings, you could tell, when he broadcasting,, but he didn’t show it, he called the game as a fan of the game. NBC won’t be the same without him. Between Doc and Bob Mackenzie from TSN the NHL lost 2 great embassadors of the game.

Nice post. I almost forgot about Mackenzie retiring too. Dayam.
Hopefully we're not stuck with 3 hour Pittsburgh/Crosby infomercials courtesy of Pierre.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Nice post. I almost forgot about Mackenzie retiring too. Dayam.
Hopefully we're not stuck with 3 hour Pittsburgh/Crosby infomercials courtesy of Pierre.
I don’t think so, I have a feeling the Pens are about to face what the Hawks are dealing with, there team is on the cusp of what is currently happening in Chicago.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I'm really not gonna miss the guy.

His bumbling of the Kane goal call will be his legacy for me.

And yes, it's personal.

My youngest was being born during game six and in the delivery room Everyone, including his mom, was watching the Hawks game. I shit you not. The delivery table was on the wall in front of the TV. Everyone was looking at the TV every other second outside of looking at his mothers vag waiting for the head to pop out.

You could hear Doc thru out the entire hospital, and if I could, clear as day, see the goal go in, but Doc couldn't, fuck him. I yelled "holy shit Kane scored" and the Doc did the whole "derp...derp.....score" line then acted confused during the stanley friggin cup, he can kiss my blackhawks loving ass.

And yes, when Kane scored, by beautiful child's head popped out and his middle name is Patrick.

Three years later when I actually met Kane, I told him the story and he laughed. As he was signing my three year olds jersey, he said to him "I think were related" and I almost died laughing. I even showed him my son's birth certificate.??

Granada

Liked Posts:

And yes, it's personal.

My youngest was being born during game six and in the delivery room Everyone, including his mom, was watching the Hawks game. I shit you not. The delivery table was on the wall in front of the TV. Everyone was looking at the TV every other second outside of looking at his mothers vag waiting for the head to pop out.

You could hear Doc thru out the entire hospital, and if I could, clear as day, see the goal go in, but Doc couldn't, fuck him. I yelled "holy shit Kane scored" and the Doc did the whole "derp...derp.....score" line then acted confused during the stanley friggin cup, he can kiss my blackhawks loving ass.

And yes, when Kane scored, by beautiful child's head popped out and his middle name is Patrick.

Three years later when I actually met Kane, I told him the story and he laughed. As he was signing my three year olds jersey, he said to him "I think were related" and I almost died laughing. I even showed him my son's birth certificate.??

Can't really hate that guy for that -- it's easy to yell "goal!" when you're some fan without millions of listeners keyed in on you. He would have gotten destroyed if he called "goal!" and it wasn't. Probably just wanted to make sure; he certainly wasn't the only one who was unsure it went in; half the team didn't even know and they just followed Kane's lead.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

And yes, it's personal.

Lol what?

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:

And yes, it's personal.

Funny thing about that. I was watching in a packed bar with a bunch of Hawks fans. Couldn't hear the tv at all. Me and one other dude are jumping up and down screaming GOAL!!!! THere was like a 3 second delay and everybody else went beserk.. Oh goosebumps. Good times.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't really hate that guy for that -- it's easy to yell "goal!" when you're some fan without millions of listeners keyed in on you. He would have gotten destroyed if he called "goal!" and it wasn't. Probably just wanted to make sure; he certainly wasn't the only one who was unsure it went in; half the team didn't even know and they just followed Kane's lead.
If I remember right, even Wiederman and Murray were unsure and "flubbed" it. I won't hate on Doc for it.

Last edited: