The Juan Castillo Magic OL Pixie Dust

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bars is better than Coward, at least by their limited film this year.

Leno is very bad. Whitehair has played poorly, which sucks because he's been solid and consistent in the past.

Ifedi and Massie are meh.

Overall a really soft group.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, Ifedi is just a guy. I thought he'd be better, and I was a fan of signing him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leno has never been that power offensive tackle, but he just seems slower. I feel like he's playing as if he were 10 years older.

Leno’s technique has gone to shit. He is a total mess right now.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I think this has to be the focal point moving into next season. Roll with foles and maybe even trubisky as a back up and go OL round 1 and maybe round 2 unless one of the top QB’s happens to be there.

The line needs some serious investment. Ifedi has looked much better than I thought he would but the tackles are meh, and whitehair has been not good. Idk what happened to him considering he looked good in year 1-2.

At this point I don’t see why spriggs doesn’t get some playing time unless he’s actually that bad.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Pass Pro is decent, but this is the fourth consecutive season the run blocking is just pathetic. I was hoping better coaching could get them to serviceable, but it's just not happening with this group and David Montgomery is just not talented enough to overcome poor blocking.

The lack of investment since 2015 certainly makes the Top 5 Failures of Ryan Pace list.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Soft is the perfect description for the group. Nobody on the line is that mean, nasty you get from a Taylor Lewan or Quentin Nelson.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Despite popular opinion, checkdown charlie isn't helping our run game at all. Dumping it off to a back isn't softening up any defense.

We are going to have to press the ball downfield to get a little breathing room underneath.

That is working backwards offensively, and I don't like it, but we are right back to where we were last year. No vertical passing game and no respect for the running game.. and this is a recipe for offensive disaster.

You have got A-Rob, you have Graham, and you have a speedy Mooney. Maybe the offensive genius can draw up a few more plays to push it downfield successfully.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
its a conspiracy...not one question about the oline's performance, nothing from castillo
nagy preaches accountability but doesnt do shit about leno...its all bullshit

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
I could have sworn the way to fix a terrible unit was merely just bringing in a new position coach! Here I thought position coaches won battles in the trenches. I'm excited to hear from Pace how he's excited about the direction of the Oline after yet another offseason of doing next-to-nothing to improve the talent there.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Told you guys in the offseason lol. This fascination that assistant coaches will change the talent happens every year. Stop over thinking things it’s the damn talent!