Are the Bears just a loser organization?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We make the playoffs once or twice a decade.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still believe a significant part of the problem is Ted Phillips.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I mean, they are 5-4 this season. They aren’t super bowl contenders but they don’t flat out suck. It could be worse. Bunch of damn chicken littles!

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Ancient history was great for the Greeks and romans also. Where are they today? Lol

If you bother to read what I had posted, you'd already know that I acknowledged recent Bears history was pretty non-descript.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean, they are 5-4 this season. They aren’t super bowl contenders but they don’t flat out suck. It could be worse. Bunch of damn chicken littles!
“It could be worse” is the biggest loser cop out ever invented.

It isn’t good enough.

It would be better if they flat out sucked. They could then address the QB situation.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Yes, they could be the Jets and be 0-8.

On the other hand, the Jets will be in a position to grab Trevor Lawrence, and Bears will not be.

So, are they really better off hovering around .500%?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, they could be the Jets and be 0-8.

On the other hand, the Jets will be in a position to grab Trevor Lawrence, and Bears will not be.

So, are they really better off hovering around .500%?
Yeah I still can't figure out if Adam Gase is that horrible of a coach or if he's grinning (and bearing it) until April 29, 2021. I'm leaning towards the former, but then you read about things like this and you wonder if management itself has lost that team completely.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
It doesn’t take anything but a pair of eyes to realize that this is the most undeserved 5-4 ever. The blind luck involved to get to that point is astounding.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
From ownership to fans. I even feel bad for the kids in 3rd world countries wearing Bears Super Bowl XLI shirts.

The Bears dominated football when there were like 6 teams. Wonderful. Storied franchise. Very important to the league but they're losers and a lot of the fans seem completely ok with it.
There were 14 teams.
Those were the glory years.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Yeah I still can't figure out if Adam Gase is that horrible of a coach or if he's grinning (and bearing it) until April 29, 2021. I'm leaning towards the former, but then you read about things like this and you wonder if management itself has lost that team completely.

This teams hasn't won anything meaningful since Joe Namath was the quarterback....That probably tells us something about the organization as a whole.

Adam Gase.....has not been good. But then, not a lot of talent on this squad either - And, when they do have a talented player, like Jamal Adams or Robby Anderson, they end playing somewhere else.

That's an organization in need of an enema....

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My bad guys...continue the dick ripping!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find I'm generally jealous of teams like Pittsburgh and moreso Baltimore, who seem to find ways to keep their rosters relatively stocked with talent.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I find I'm generally jealous of teams like Pittsburgh and moreso Baltimore, who seem to find ways to keep their rosters relatively stocked with talent.

talent ain’t the problem on the bears

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Have you been watching this rotting corpse of an offense lol?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Look at some of the mentality fans have been dealing with for decades, even when we were winning in the 80's. We are to believe that other than Tom Thayer( ex OG-Notre Dame) and TE Tim Wrightman(UCLA), no other USFL players could have helped us. Not sure, Doug Williams would have been a better backup than Steve Fuller or Mike Tomzcak. Adding Anthony Carter to a wr corps of Willie Gault, Dennis McKinnon and Dennis Gentry=?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
talent ain’t the problem on the bears

Baltimore won 2 Super Bowls in 20 years(better than us) with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco at qb. One was "blech", the other "meh", but the team protected them.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Steelers are my AFC team. The Rooney family is everything you wish the McCaskeys were...true football royalty.

I think the most amazing thing about the Steelers is that they have had three head coaches over the last fifty years. Meantime, the Bears have had four over the last eight years.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Baltimore won 2 Super Bowls in 20 years(better than us) with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco at qb. One was "blech", the other "meh", but the team protected them.

okay? Not sure what your point is. Congrats to Baltimore of the past. Doesn’t change the fact talent isn’t the problem for the bears