RUMOR: George McCaskey’s Frustration Mounting With Nagy And Pace

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So set up a (clandestine?) meeting with Louis Riddick when he's in town next week for the MNF game. Interview him for GM job. He's not a joke or token candidate, somyou kill 2 birds with one stone:interview a credible candidate early and get one of the Rooney Rule interviews out of the way.

Hopefully we're looking for the most qualified GM candidate vs. getting the RR out of the way. With some teams I wonder.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Haven’t posted in forever, but have been following... I’m far more favorable on Pace than Nagy. I think there is offensive talent and it’s being grossly mismanaged. Nagy needs to go and a more thorough coaching search conducted.

Pace IMO is growing and getting better at drafting and picking up FAs. We could easily take a step back there if Bears let him go too.

a more thorough coaching search conducted.
THIS

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Haven’t posted in forever, but have been following... I’m far more favorable on Pace than Nagy. I think there is offensive talent and it’s being grossly mismanaged. Nagy needs to go and a more thorough coaching search conducted.

Pace IMO is growing and getting better at drafting and picking up FAs. We could easily take a step back there if Bears let him go too.
One guy seems like he's learning from his mistakes and getting better at his job the other idiot is the same idiot he was when the bears hired him. Of course Paces huge glaring weakness is his OL but besides that the team is very talented. Nagy seems to stumble on the same mistakes over and over again. If Pace hires another bad head coach then yes fire him.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It has come to point that it’s not a knee jerk reaction to justifiable fire Pace and Nagy. A rebuild is in the horizon, why have the same old guard??

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see changes at the President & CEO position and head coach. Pace I'm willing to give a bit longer.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So do something you spineless twat.

Jeez normally I try to be a bit more upbeat on here but "frustrated" is a lot of energy to be spent doing nothing. Do something.

I agree man. Its one thing to call it out too, and its another to explain what he should do.

I mean...what is an intelligent way to handle this? What would a football guy do? What is wrong? How do we fix this? Every CEO with a crisis is asking questions.

I think he should fire Pace after the loss if it happens after the next November loss(so Pace has to win 2 of 3 still to live, and I know that is doubtful, I want him gone, but I'm going to time it right!). Its a mute half of season anyway...so whenever you do it is fine...and announce that changes must be made, its not working...and Nagy will assume roster control in the interim while Cliff Stein manages clerical and administrial GM duties. Nagy has 6-30 months to show that he knows what he is doing or a GM will be hired to begin a coaching search.

Why so long? Just time for unforeseen progress and opportunity. I don't think any organization that sniffed Brady and sniffed Manning can look you in the eye and say management and presidents and coaches should be looked at if they can be improved by the right opportunity on the market.

I would let Pace take the fall here, and allow Nagy a chance to fix the o-line and find a QB. I'm angry. I think he has shown some immaturity and naivety as a head coach. Its ok...he is allowed to grow too, just like a player. I'd tell the team that. Look...this is a first time head coach. How do we reset? Lets give him roster control and fix the o-line, find a QB...and see what we can do?!

I'm never in favor of moving on too quickly...but pressure and change are ok. I don't like Pace enough to keep him. Something is wrong...the o-line situation is firable because it festered for 3 seasons.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Believe it to be a false rumor as George McCaskey is too dumb to have any emotions.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
If Trestman wasn't fired mid-2014, no one ever will be. That locker room was a five alarm dumpster fire that deserves to be a serious contender for #1 on the NFL Network's "Top 10 Locker Room Fallouts"
I remember reading an article at the time ( I googled but couldn't find it ) That Trestman was almost fired after the Packers game. The McCaskey family were so angry the requested a conference room at Lambeau field to argue it. Half the family wanted him fired that night but the agreed to wait till the end of the season

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah.

Pagano already had his audition as HC as an actual HC. I don't think you need to see anymore and does nothing to help the side of the ball that is struggling.

Let Nagy sink with his O.

Same. Pagano’s defenses consistently gave up leads in the second half of games and his offenses killed Andrew Luck’s career with constant stubborn 7 step drops behind atrocious offensive lines.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'd feel better if Pace/Nagy were replaced with Ted Phillips

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
" "We have different things that we do in regards to how we do it and we have different parts of the game plan that people look at and then we oversee all that."

Wow that couldn't be more nebulous and superfluous. I feel so elucidated to the processes now! :rolleyes:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I mean...what is an intelligent way to handle this? What would a football guy do?

I think he should fire Pace ...and Nagy will assume roster control in the interim while Cliff Stein manages clerical and administrial GM duties. Nagy has 6-30 months to show that he knows what he is doing or a GM will be hired to begin a coaching search...

allow Nagy a chance to fix the o-line and find a QB. I'd tell the team that. Look...this is a first time head coach.
I see Rask has not stopped dealing with the Bears loss by using mind altering chemicals yet. Just put the pipe down and step back.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Just once in my life I want to feel confident that the Bears have GM, HC, QB figured out at the same time and all on the same page. Is that really too much to ask? The freaking Jets are closer to a SB right now and have more hope at 0-8 than the Purgatory Bears since they're about to fire everyone incompetent, make new hires, and above all, draft a generational QB (assuming he doesn't go back to cult, er I mean college). Another 8-8 season is basically worst case scenario for the long term goal of winning a SB.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Erik Lambert (@ErikLambert1) Tweeted:
RUMOR: George McCaskey’s Frustration Mounting With Nagy And Pace #Bears RUMOR: George McCaskey's Frustration Mounting With Nagy And Pace https://t.co/AHd2rNjgce

FWIW: If you read the linked article, you'll find what McCaskey actually said:

MCCASKEY: YEAH THERE ARE CHALLENGES. WE THINK THAT THE TEAM THAT BEST ADAPTS TO THOSE CHALLENGES WILL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING. THAT’S THE GOAL. TO WIN. THE GOAL EVERY YEAR IS TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL. TWO YEARS AGO, WE MADE A GREAT RUN. FELL SHORT. LAST YEAR WE REGRESSED. SO WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHICH TEAM IT IS.”

Does that equate to "frustration mounting with Nagy and Pace"?

Or is this some Internet guy trying to generate clicks by extrapolating sensationalism from a rather benign comment?

You be the judge.