The Problem With Firing Pace

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As bad as it is now..... it can ALWAYS be worse. Probably not the best time for this conversation after a loss, but I'll try.

Right now we have half a team. But it's a playoff half a team.

We also have half a team that's the worst at it's job in the NFL.

So before you fire Pace do you really want to let George and Friends try to hire another GM? THERE ARE ZERO GUARANTEES HE HIRES A BETTER GM! In fact it's very likely they hire a WORSE GM. The McCaskeys aren't good at this folks!

At least with Pace you have a guy who can get you half way there. Is there a way to improve him so he does better on offense? Can they hire some scouts that specialize in QB's and Oline? Can they mandate that Pace ditch the BPA strategy and actually take a chance on drafting a QB for once? (other than DSM) Is there an experienced head coach available with an eye towards offensive talent?

I know it's tempting to just blow the whole thing up. And that's the right move if you have ownership that knows what it's doing. We don't have that.

I won't shed any tears if Pace goes after this season. Just remember though..... it can ALWAYS get worse. Be careful what you wish for.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Let it be worse. Pace has made the playoffs one time in what? About to be 6 years? So what if it’s worse than that? Just because it can be worse it doesn’t mean you don’t take a chance.

coolio

Liked Posts:
This is worst bears offense I have ever seen. I don't care how good he built a defense if that means were going to have the worst offense in the league. Would Pace take a demotion? Prob not. This season had one good year under Paces tenure.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
This is worst bears offense I have ever seen. I don't care how good he built a defense if that means were going to have the worst offense in the league. Would Pace take a demotion? Prob not. This season had one good year under Paces tenure.
In all my 32 years I can't remember watching such a horrible offense. Even all those years we had a new QB every month....we at least had a running game. We can't do a God Damn fucking thing on offense. It's beyond pathetic and truly embarrassing to see.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do realize that this is futile at the moment and expect people to shit on this. When the Bears are 2-14 in 2022 with a new GM though I will bump this thread. I really have zero faith in the McCaskey's when it comes to this sort of thing.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
THERE ARE ZERO GUARANTEES HE HIRES A BETTER GM!
I’ll say the same thing I say when the coach or QBs clearly arent good enough.

You have to take that chance. Lovie was a fine coach but you could do way better than a playoff game every 4 years

cutler was the best bears qb of the past 30 years but not close to good enough and you were never going to win with him.

Ryan Pace built a great defense but that means absolutely nothing when your offense struggles to score 20 points. We know he didn’t do his due diligence with Watson. It should have ended there

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I do realize that this is futile at the moment and expect people to shit on this. When the Bears are 2-14 in 2022 with a new GM though I will bump this thread. I really have zero faith in the McCaskey's when it comes to this sort of thing.
Bro you’re a fucking pussy. This team is not a playoff team and you’re worried the bears might still not make the playoffs if they make a change? Who gives a fuck? At least at 2-14 they get another chance at a QB. If they fuck that up, welcome to the last 30 years as a bears fan

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I get the sentiment, but accepting mediocrity should be unacceptable. If it gets worse, fine. At least we tried to right the ship.

You missed the point.

We have a GM that can do half the job. Pace has proven he can build a defense. My point is maybe we should see if there's a way to help him with the part he's failing at.

It's do that or pray the McCaskey family get's good at hiring..... something they have never been able to do before.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Nagy was even competent at his job they would be a playoff team
Not with the worst pair of QBs in the league. Flacco and Darnold are a lot of better than Foles and Trubisky

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The problem now is, what we have is not good enough to compete. Yes, it could get worse, but it could also be a LOT better. Regardless, if we ride with what we currently have, we're not going to do anything. The pinnacle of what we have right now, is bumslaying our way to a .500 record.

I'm all for rolling the dice on a new GM/Head Coach.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bro you’re a fucking pussy. This team is not a playoff team and you’re worried the bears might still not make the playoffs if they make a change? Who gives a fuck? At least at 2-14 they get another chance at a QB. If they fuck that up, welcome to the last 30 years as a bears fan

Ah yes, more quality discourse from the great doctorbear. Enjoyable as always.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the last 20 years under Teddy the value of the Bears franchise went from 600 million to 3.5 billion. What the McCaskey family deems success vs what the fans think apparently is not the same.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Ah yes, more quality discourse from the great doctorbear. Enjoyable as always.
I’m sorry dude this team fucking sucks and everyone sees it and you make a thread saying don’t try to right the ship because it might get worse. I’m not trying to be a dick. I realize the Bears have done this to your mind