Cost of 1 more Win

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah man, WC is right. I look at it like, if we can't get the QB of the future who's a legit 1st round talent, then let's get the OT first, grab a dude later, sign somebody like Rosen or Haskins and give 'em a go. Let's get a good OL, unless we lose out the rest of the games and are able to grab Lawrence or Fields.

Unless we have a legitimate shot at those two QBs (Fields I've seen play since High School, by the way, and he is a legit talent) we should definitely go OL with our 1st round pick.

If we can't get fields/Wilson, I'd love to grab that OL in the first, and the 2nd, then trade a 3rd or something for darnold

I'd rather try with darnold than take someone like newman or mac jones in the 2nd round.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Man I get why you want the team to lose out, but I'm never rooting for a loss. It's just not in me. Losing is infectious, and I don't want losers or quitters on my team.

Reactions: DC

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
What a moron. Losing breeds more losing. Grown men dont care about 21 year old college student nor should they. When I read posts like yours I know why Bear's fans are among the least knowledgeable in the nfl
What a pea-brained individual. Losing doesn’t breed more losing. Some of the greatest lessons that lead to previously unnatainable levels of success come after failure. When I read responses like yours I know why so many people in this world are stuck in a rut of unhappiness and anguish.

when you are ready to be uplifted and enlightened I am here for you - just shoot me a PM!

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This. If you expect us to lose 10 in a row I have some bad news for you.....

This team has too much talent to do that barring a locker room implosion.
SO what your saying is even with the worst coach in the NFL it is still Pace's fault that we cant pick a top QB because he gave Nagy to much damn raw talent.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
This regime hasn’t won a playoff game. I hate to break this to people but they’re losers.
The players are going out and giving everything they have to get a W. The players aren't losers.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Guys that have never played competitive sports at a high level (like me) think tanking is normal and everyone will agree.

Another reason why Bears fans are some of the worst

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Losers lose.

Winners win.

they keep scores and records for a reason.
Players are losers when they quit on the team. Our dogs are still fighting.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Playing out the season a few different times on the playoff machine - but for the Bears it should be the draft position machine.

If Bears lose out they could be picking anywhere between 5-8

1 more win they will pick 11-12

2 more wins and they are in danger of pick 14-16

If they can somehow pull off the full tank and get luck for that 5th spot they would be primed to get a top QB as at least 1 team (Bengals) and maybe two in front of them will not be a certain QB selector.
Also at 5 if the Bengals were to finish 2nd they would be prime to jump the other teams for Fields.

The 2020 Bears need to do what is right for this franchise and Lose Out!!!

Even if the Bears lose out, we aren't picking that high. There are already 11 teams that have 3 wins or less (so we have 2 wins on them already) and 4 teams that have only 4 wins (and of course then there are the Eagles with 3 wins and leading their division). So basically, there are 16 teams already with a worse record than the bears. If we were to lose out the best we can probably hope for is to pick in the 10-13 area. 5 to 8 is a pipe dream that is not going to happen.

I posted about this in another thread, FYI, and did a break down of who we could realistically get in that 10-13 range if we were to lose out.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Are you fucking stupid? Ask any NFL coach
Your asking me? You are like an old dog who missed an evolution. Keep on living your blinded simple ways. And you think your special because you “played sports”? ? Good for you! Crown his ass!

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Even if the Bears lose out, we aren't picking that high. There are already 11 teams that have 3 wins or less (so we have 2 wins on them already) and 4 teams that have only 4 wins (and of course then there are the Eagles with 3 wins and leading their division). So basically, there are 16 teams already with a worse record than the bears. If we were to lose out the best we can probably hope for is to pick in the 10-13 area. 5 to 8 is a pipe dream that is not going to happen.

I posted about this in another thread, FYI, and did a break down of who we could realistically get in that 10-13 range if we were to lose out.
Nope. Just run the machine it will show you. Look at the past 7-8 drafts. 5-11 always picks 5-8 one time 9

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Nope. Just run the machine it will show you. Look at the past 7-8 drafts. 5-11 always picks 5-8 one time 9

I understand "the machine" but does it take into account how many horrible teams there are this year? I mean we are 10 games through the season and 16 teams (half the league) has a worse record than the Bears and 11 of them are 2 games worse than the bears. There are A LOT of things that would have to go "right" for the Bears to sniff 5-8. COVID Season is an anomaly so the last 7-8 drafts don't matter this time around.

Plus you and I both know, the Bears always fuck this kind of thing up so we can pencil in 1 or 2 more wins because we play Detroit, Houston and Jacksonville.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
I understand "the machine" but does it take into account how many horrible teams there are this year? I mean we are 10 games through the season and 16 teams (half the league) has a worse record than the Bears and 11 of them are 2 games worse than the bears. There are A LOT of things that would have to go "right" for the Bears to sniff 5-8. COVID Season is an anomaly so the last 7-8 drafts don't matter this time around.

Plus you and I both know, the Bears always fuck this kind of thing up so we can pencil in 1 or 2 more wins because we play Detroit, Houston and Jacksonville.
A lot of the teams at the bottom have games against each other someone has to win them. Just run it you’ll see no matter how it turns out long as the bears lose they’ll be 5-8
Yes they will probably beat the Jags and finish 13 ??

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Your asking me? You are like an old dog who missed an evolution. Keep on living your blinded simple ways. And you think your special because you “played sports”? ? Good for you! Crown his ass!
Moron trying to justify tanking

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Many Problems. Cannot fix them all at once. Drafting an oline man first may well be the proper move but wouldn’t you rather lose out and see Penei Sewell sitting there at 5?
do you want to lose the entire team??

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
this isn't gonna work..you need to draft and sign oline.
dreaming of a QB in this years 1st round isn't gonna help the Bears.
You can't do shit without a QB in this league. Get a QB first and you can build the OL up around him like the Colts did. A good QB can cover OL deficiencies.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You can't do shit without a QB in this league. Get a QB first and you can build the OL up around him like the Colts did. A good QB can cover OL deficiencies.
YOure talking about ANDREW LUCK who is generational talent...
but your method,..that sounds like a dead QB in chicago. besides i already said draft heavy on offense, get oline FOREMOST and take a backup QB in next draft.