Shaheen and Burton ballin

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Everyone was so keen to get rid of Shaheen but I never really thought it was prudent to give up on the guy. He never stopped putting the work in or trying to get better despite a lot of shitty setbacks that weren't his fault. Its a difficult league, sometimes it takes two or three years to catch up to the speed of the game (especially if you're coming from Ashland) or get to where a player needs to be physically. This makes you wonder what we have in guys like Riley Ridley.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I don't know what's going on with him. He's about to turn 30 and was looking for an extension, but it seems since talks broke off he's not been playing well and now a player who's traditionally always healthy will be missing 3-4 weeks. I'd add it's an ankle, so for a guy who creates space with precise route running that could be impacted going forward. 2021 is the last year of his contract and he's got $0 guaranteed with a $8.25M base salary.

I'm thinking as the Eagles go through their cap management for 2021 (currently projected to be ~$70MM over the cap). Ertz in my mind went from a Superbowl darling (caught the game winner) to a guy that's just not a part of the future. Sad, but this happens.

Bears reclamation project, here we come :ROFLMAO:

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Like several said...its the Coach failing to play to his players strengths. Garbage OC as well
[/QUOTEthat seems to be a long standing trend with the Bears]

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Dolphins are signing TE Adam Shaheen to a two-year contract extension with a max value of $7.85 that includes $3.2 million fully guaranteed, per source. His deal was scheduled to expire after this season.

ltap

Liked Posts:
An incredible indictment of how Nagy and his staff cannot develop players or use them properly.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Another TD for Burton

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Trey Burton scores

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Burton > Kmet

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn’t the main issue with Burton his health? And this Shaheen success narrative is utter bullshit, 6 rec for 77 yards going into today

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
I've written about it in jest, but I bet it legit helps Burton's mental problems to play in front of few/no fans. He has 5 TD's this season (3 REC 2 RUSH). \

Ballard was able to get an easy steal in Burton. He's on a 1-year contract for just under $1 million. You had a guy who clearly has talent coming off 1 and 1/2 years of injuries/no production. So you got him cheap. He did have a pretty good first half of the year in 2018 before whatever happened to him happened to him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone gets better when they leave Nagy’s offense.

Burton played fine for the Bears until his groin injury, which he later said was misdiagnosed by team doctors. 2018 with Nagy will likely end up being Burton’s career year.