Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I definitely can get down with this. I'm all for drafting a QB every year to begin with, but this makes a lot of sense.
this football team is 101 years old and have had 84 different QB's start at least one game for this team...it's fucking sad.
So yeah rebuild the line, in the meantime they should pick a late rounder project, and sign a FA Qb-wise every year, once you set your oline and then you get your QB, trade up if you have too.

come to think about it..it's not Pace's fault that Kyle Long's situation may had fucked up Pace's blueprint.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He had protection last night. Didn't matter

Maybe it was luck and forgetting the Bears played football until the 4th quarter and then not caring with a score of 10-40 but the replay I remember seeing showed how bad the line was.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe it was luck and forgetting the Bears played football until the 4th quarter and then not caring with a score of 10-40 but the replay I remember seeing showed how bad the line was.

They had a few bad plays but overall, the line was not the issue like it had been. Trubisky had time. Still threw it into triple coverage.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It was arguably their best game of the year. Certainly the best since James Daniels was lost for the season.

Now the Packers defensive front is all overrated trash like Ken Clark and Zadarius Smith so maybe that had a lot to do with it. However, on the other hand the Vikings defensive line is a bunch of true nobodies and they looked like the 2005 Carolina Panthers out there so I'm inclined to believe there was some improvement.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
After watching TOM BRADY struggle and look like crap under Bruce Arians scheme I'd take another look at Jamis Winston before Darnold. But both QBs would be worth a look. But for nothing more than a third.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I would actually let Tyler Bray start for the next 2 or 3 years, while drafting offense (especcially Oline) early and often. Then you can get a young QB to step in and actually have a chance. Get rid of the D veterans because this team once again will not take advantage of the window of opportunity they have.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Serious question, with the Bears probably picking somewhere around the 15th pick, are you risking taking a QB from a smaller school/limited experience vs good teams, or are you trying to trade for Darnold?

I'm honestly torn. Part of me doesn't want to take a player with limited experience after the whiff on Trubisky, but part of me thinks Darnold is damaged goods.

Thoughts?

Neither.

Unless you find a sucker for Foles, you're stuck with his money for 1 more year unless you eat some dead money. Draft a kid mid rounds, use early picks on the OLine. You can draft a QB in 1st in 2022.

1st round QB will be roadkill. Half assing the OLine has gotten the bears to where they are now. Continuing to half ass the OLine makes whoever lines up under center obsolete when Leno is letting guys run past him.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I think I’d O-line focus the first year...
build a foundation first.
Always easier said than done of course.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
1. Draft a QB, hopefully Wilson or Fields.
2. Sign good FA O-line help.
3. Draft O-line in 2nd and 3rd rounds.
4. Foles start in 2021 and let him take the shots until O-line gels.
5. Then put young QB in best position for success.

msadows

Liked Posts:
1. Draft a QB, hopefully Wilson or Fields.
2. Sign good FA O-line help.
3. Draft O-line in 2nd and 3rd rounds.
4. Foles start in 2021 and let him take the shots until O-line gels.
5. Then put young QB in best position for success.

This guy gets it.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
If the QB is there you take him and put all you can into OL via rest of the draft and FA.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Turned off the game last night but from what I saw our wideouts also sucked. Not saying Mitch is above average but when someone can't hold on to the ball is that Mitch's fault. Also does anyone think the Bears can trade for the #1 pick to select Trevor? If we have to start from all over he wouldn't be a bad start.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If we go 7-9/8-8 and wilson is gone, sure to darnold if he comes cheap. Otherwise, no ty.

I'd rather try to risk drafting trask in the 2nd than gamble on the darnold redemption project. Gase is a moron and ruined him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Turned off the game last night but from what I saw our wideouts also sucked. Not saying Mitch is above average but when someone can't hold on to the ball is that Mitch's fault. Also does anyone think the Bears can trade for the #1 pick to select Trevor? If we have to start from all over he wouldn't be a bad start.

Zero shot.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we go 7-9/8-8 and wilson is gone, sure to darnold if he comes cheap. Otherwise, no ty.

I'd rather try to risk drafting trask in the 2nd than gamble on the darnold redemption project. Gase is a moron and ruined him.

If Mitch is starting, the Bears have a chance to go 6-10 or 5-11. Mitch threw into double and/or triple coverage not once, but twice against GB. He can’t read defenses. The WRs suck. Defense looks like they have given up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Mitch is starting, the Bears have a chance to go 6-10 or 5-11. Mitch threw into double and/or triple coverage not once, but twice against GB. He can’t read defenses. The WRs suck. Defense looks like they have given up.

You act like foles doesn't do the same shit. They both suck. Foles turns the ball over basically every game.

This team has a very good shot at losing out if the defense gives up like they did last night.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bears aren’t going to get any better in the next year or two. They haven’t even bottomed out yet. I’m warming up to the idea that provided Nagy and Pace are fired, it might be worth bringing back Trubisky under a different scheme/regime. He’ll come super cheap on a one year deal, and he has a better chance of starting than anywhere else in the league so that should appeal to him. New regime can still pick their QB but they need to rebuild the OL and work through all the cap problems first. This is why getting a young QB right away in the draft might not be the best idea at present until you can free up more cap dollars for a supporting cast.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You act like foles doesn't do the same shit. They both suck. Foles turns the ball over basically every game.

This team has a very good shot at losing out if the defense gives up like they did last night.
I agree Foles does suck. I would transition tag Robinson to get draft capital though. Why keep a guy if the Bears can’t use him properly. Get rid of Miller too.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Serious question, with the Bears probably picking somewhere around the 15th pick, are you risking taking a QB from a smaller school/limited experience vs good teams, or are you trying to trade for Darnold?

I'm honestly torn. Part of me doesn't want to take a player with limited experience after the whiff on Trubisky, but part of me thinks Darnold is damaged goods.

Thoughts?

No way would I trade for Darnold. He doesn't have a track record of success and he would amount the Bears dumpster diving.
I keep saying, lets stop the dumpster diving and draft are own. And no we shouldn't draft a Qb who needs 3-4 seconds in the pocket. We need a Qb who when necessary can create and extend plays.