If Zach Wilson is out of range, should the pick be OT or QB?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Jets
Jags
Carolina
Washington
Detroit
Atlanta
Denver

All currently drafting in front of us with the possibility of them taking a QB.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Taking a QB in the draft before fixing this attrocious O-Line will solve nothing. Unless they really sit the kid for one year. Teams just are not that patient anymore. He would be thrown out there the moment that the Veteran starter loses a couple games. (Think Mike Glennon < Mitch Trubisky in 2017) Teams are always in win now mode, even in the middle of a re-Build.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jamie Newman in 2?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jets
Jags
Carolina
Washington
Detroit
Atlanta
Denver

All currently drafting in front of us with the possibility of them taking a QB.

Jets, yes.

Jags, yes.

Carolina, maybe not due to Teddy B.

Washington, you would assume so, but it all depends how alex smith plays.

Detroit, I'm not thinking so unless Stafford asks out. Seems like a team having to go BPA at this point and not qb. Matty is there for 2 more years and he's only 32. He's also not that bad at all. The issues on the team lie at other positions, not qb.

Atlanta, maybe, but once again, matt ryan isn't the major issue. That team is bad. They could draft a qb, but that would mean they bypass better talent.

Denver, I don't see since they just drafted drew lock, but who knows with that shit show.

Either way, we'd more than likely have to trade up to draft wilson.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
If none of the top 4 are available when the Bears pick (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance) then we go best Linemen available. Depending on on who is left on the board in the second, we go O-line/DT/LB in the second.

Do NOT trade up for Trask if he is still there in the second and we should stay clear of Mac Jones. I've watched enough tape on both of them and all I see are two busts...I just don't trust either and especially not enough to trade anything of value to move up to get them. Just because we need a QB doesn't mean we should trade up or reach on 2 very questionable potential Pro's. We already did that on Mitch and we cannot waste anymore draft capital. Don't fix 1 major mistake by making another.

Rebuilding the O-line with the amount of linemen in this draft should be priority 1 if we are not in position to get one of the Top 4 QB's. I would also add we need a LB to replace Danny T and another NT/DT to back-up/replace Hicks/Goldman.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Mitch is not coming back and I can’t stomach the thought of seeing Foles play another snap.

Gonna have to stomach that because no one is taking that contract off our hands and we sure as heck are not starting a rookie QB either.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Why not start the rookie?

you got money tied up in Foles already. sit them behind him. Trubisky wasn't supposed to be option #1 in 2017, the giraffe was, and he sucked so Trubisky got fast tracked into the role probably before he was done cooking. I thought everyone's strategy is the Bears need to lose games to pick higher? Foles is the best shot for that right?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
you got money tied up in Foles already. sit them behind him. Trubisky wasn't supposed to be option #1 in 2017, the giraffe was, and he sucked so Trubisky got fast tracked into the role probably before he was done cooking. I thought everyone's strategy is the Bears need to lose games to pick higher? Foles is the best shot for that right?
It all depends on who the QB taken is. My bigger concern is putting him out behind this OL, but it can be improved. OL in rounds 2 and 3 and maybe a FA and it should be on the rise.

I have never believed that rookie QBs need to sit their first year. That has never been the case historically for most of QBs who have been drafted. Depends on the player, and of course, the team who drafts him.

You move up to grab a Zach Wilson in the top 10, you play him. You wait to take Mac Jones in the 2nd, sitting him a year behind Foles is fine, I guess.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
If none of the top 4 are available when the Bears pick (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance) then we go best Linemen available. Depending on on who is left on the board in the second, we go O-line/DT/LB in the second.

Do NOT trade up for Trask if he is still there in the second and we should stay clear of Mac Jones. I've watched enough tape on both of them and all I see are two busts...I just don't trust either and especially not enough to trade anything of value to move up to get them. Just because we need a QB doesn't mean we should trade up or reach on 2 very questionable potential Pro's. We already did that on Mitch and we cannot waste anymore draft capital. Don't fix 1 major mistake by making another.

Rebuilding the O-line with the amount of linemen in this draft should be priority 1 if we are not in position to get one of the Top 4 QB's. I would also add we need a LB to replace Danny T and another NT/DT to back-up/replace Hicks/Goldman.

If anything, depending on where in the first the Bears end up, I'd trade down a time or two to get additional picks to help with the O-Line build.

I go to first-pick.com to do their NFL draft game... and I can easily get an extra pick or two in the second round, and getting an extra pick or two in the third also happens.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lawrence and Fields will go top 3 I believe. Trey Lance and Wilson will be the next 2 QBs off the board and I've seen different mocks where sometimes Wilson comes off first, and others where Lance comes off first. If the Bears win a few more games and choose not to trade away draft picks to get Wilson, who I think will be special, do you draft the best available OT or do you pick Trask or Mac Jones (either standing pat or via a trade-down)?

I'm torn. I think Arthur Smith would be a great coaching hire, as he comes from the Shannahan tree and would likely install play-action predicated off a strong run game. Whatever happens, I am sick of drafting finesse OL men who are "great athletes." This team needs maulers who like to hit people. Keep the scheme simple, and ask them to move the person in front of them.

Option 1: pick Trask (he will get picked in the 1st), Liam Eichenberg in the 2nd, who I think will be a solid RT in the league, Trey Hill, C out of UGA who is 6'4" 330 lbs and can come in at C with Daniels and Whitehair flanking him at the G spots.

Option 2: Christian Darrisaw in the 1st-solid LT prospect; Mac Jones in teh 2nd; Trey Hill in the 3rd.

Would you trade picks for Wilson if that was needed? Do you attack T or QB in the 1st if your QB1 isn't available and who are your players?
If you see that QB you feel strong about and your name is not Pace, gotta jump on that.
Still have a lot of football to play before anyone other that Trevor Lawrence can be projected into the draft. However, I always have felt that if you identify "you're guy," then you do what it takes to go get him. You have to have the guts to do it. It burned us when Pace traded up a pick to get Mitch, but had he panned out, nobody would give it a second thought, and history would validate the move.
OT. They still should draft a developmental guy in round 2 or 3, and then tank hard in 2021 for the quarterback the following year.

Personally, I'm all for trading Mack and guys like Fuller, Jackson, or Hicks to use some extra picks to possible move up to target a Zach Wilson if they are within range, but, if not, then option 2 of rebuilding that OL and taking a developmental guy is what I'd do.
Draft OT, then take trask in round 2.
Sign glennon draft a de
Trask will never make it out of the 1st if he comes anywhere near Burrows numbers which is on pace to exceed. No shot.
Love how we see black and white photos of our organization best qb.....yet meatballs want to draft oline.

If there is a top tier qb; that should always be the selection until this team finds the right one
I have to watch tape on Wilson...

If Wilson makes it to 15...sure. I think we can forget about Trey Lance. He's getting picked before us.

I see Trask is moving into the late 1st. If the other 4 go ahead of our pick - go oline.

If the Bears want to royally fuck up again, panic and take Trask, and just mark the franchise as being absolute dog shit for another 5 years
I'm trading up for Wilson. If we can't trade up, I take the olineman in the first and QB in the 2nd.
Hard to say how the draft will unfold after the top two QBs go off the board early. I'm mostly seeing mocks currently with Lance going before Wilson.

I have to imagine Wilson jumps Lance based on him actually playing football now and being able to put out more film.
I don't think more film necessarily makes that much of a difference. For Lance to opt out means he knows the NFL likes him. And the NFL likes him based off the 16-game film he put out there last year. Wilson has the tape this year, but the tape last year was late round level at best. And while he has a Burrow like rise, Wilson's not putting up the same astronomical numbers and obviously not doing it against the same level of competition.

I honestly think it will come down to preference. Who goes first between Lance and Wilson will come down to the head coach and what type of offense he wants to run.
This years pat mahomes ?
Jamie Newman in 2?

Liam Eichenberg

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
pbhktndz6dhh3odlezmq

Liam Eichenberg.
our soon to be fat Ragnar Lothbrok.
200.gif

?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love how we see black and white photos of our organization best qb.....yet meatballs want to draft oline.

If there is a top tier qb; that should always be the selection until this team finds the right one

I love how meatballs think ANY QB will come straight in from COLLEGE and be top tier level enough to overcome having the WORST run game in the league and total dog shit shit OL blocking for the QB and RB.

Prob. is simply that BOTH are needed yesterday.

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
This organization has got to rebuild from the top down. I wouldn’t want to draft a QB until things get stable, especially if you’re drafting a project with mid 1st rounder. Not worth it, but we’ll see I guess.