Brandon Marshall on why the Bears kicked him out

mecha

Liked Posts:
I always went to bat for Marshall then, still do now, and always will. I know it's fashionable for us to shit on Emery but that was easily the best move he made getting him. lol and he's not wrong, he was always mislabeled as this out of control headcase, he was one of the few bright spots on that team. and Forte, Jeffery, and Bennett, in that order. it was criminal how much those Trestman teams underperformed because of the defense.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I always went to bat for Marshall then, still do now, and always will. I know it's fashionable for us to shit on Emery but that was easily the best move he made getting him. lol and he's not wrong, he was always mislabeled as this out of control headcase, he was one of the few bright spots on that team. and Forte, Jeffery, and Bennett, in that order. it was criminal how much those Trestman teams underperformed because of the defense.

because of the defense? that O lineup was setup to merely outscore teams.

The guy who bought in and figured out Trestman's offense was Josh McCown, unfortunately the Bears were forced to play Jay Cutler due to his pay grade.

mecha

Liked Posts:
because of the defense? that O lineup was setup to merely outscore teams.

The guy who bought in and figured out Trestman's offense was Josh McCown, unfortunately the Bears were forced to play Jay Cutler due to his pay grade.

go to PFF and compare Cutler and McCown. if either of them played the entire year the Bears would've had a 4000 yard passer finally. #2 offense in the league and still finished 8-8. do you know why?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
go to PFF and compare Cutler and McCown. if either of them played the entire year the Bears would've had a 4000 yard passer finally. #2 offense in the league and still finished 8-8. do you know why?
Because statistics are worthless.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Because statistics are worthless.

oh, thanks for the tip.

so when someone cites that Mahomes threw 60 TDs and 5500 yards I'm supposed to just discount that part of the argument that the Bears should've drafted him instead?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
oh, thanks for the tip.

so when someone cites that Mahomes threw 60 TDs and 5500 yards I'm supposed to just discount that part of the argument that the Bears should've drafted him instead?
If it takes you reading that statistic to know that Pat Mahomes has led an absolutely explosive Kansas City offense these past three season then you aren't very good at watching football.

Bust

Liked Posts:
that was a public thing wasn't it, there was a rift between them?

It all started here when Brandon (sorta threw jay under the bus) got frustrated that the offense only put up 2 td's vs the lowly dolphins.

Notice he started listing names of all the talent on offense but left one guy out, lol. He was right tho. 2 tds with that lineup is pathetic.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I always interpreted it as after 2014, there was an issue with the culture of the team. that explained the Fox hire and why Marshall and Bennett didn't fit the scheme anymore. it sucked by I understood it. now we're probably in another culture war. it's them offensive-minded head coaches, I say.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that was a public thing wasn't it, there was a rift between them?
Mr. Innocent teammate bridge burner Marshall publicly called out Jay and his contract. "But I can understand that as far as as a business man, I would have buyer's remorse, too."

mecha

Liked Posts:
Mr. Innocent teammate Marshall publicly called out Jay and his contract . "But I can understand that as far as as a business man, I would have buyer's remorse, too."

it's cause Forte was getting more targets so they could break the record. it's all coming back to me now.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
“Jay cutler and who?”

immediately what i was thinking lol

Robbie Gould IIRC.

I liked Marshall and got a laugh at the guy who lives on this board saying ARob was a better WR in another thread. That said...The stats don’t reflect it, but good lord could that guy drop some passes. There was a year where he dropped no less than 10TDs.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay Brandon Marshall caught a lot of balls for the Bears, but if you've got as much talent as he had, if I'm Brandon Marshall I'm looking in the mirror and wondering why I don't have any playoffs wins. Some of that is the hand you're dealt, but some of that hand is on him as well. Then when later I heard the stories about how BM was jealous about the big game Alshon Jeffery had against the Vikings, that says a lot as well.

Wide-receivers are head-cases. I say this with full disclosure that I was a wide receiver ?

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
Okay Brandon Marshall caught a lot of balls for the Bears, but if you've got as much talent as he had, if I'm Brandon Marshall I'm looking in the mirror and wondering why I don't have any playoffs wins.

No doubt. In fact Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus are overrated as well since they couldn't even make it to one.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
No doubt. In fact Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus are overrated as well since they couldn't even make it to one.

That's more of an indictment on Papa Bear being cheap. Who does this? Surround surefire HOFers with dreck?